Baby certainly knows my car

Old January 13th 14, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Baby certainly knows my car

I have a beat 23 year old car that runs fine although it probably
brings down the neighborhood real estate values. But I'm driving
towards the house on Sunday and Baby comes dashing along the street to
the front of my house to wait for me.

I gave her treats for being such a smart kitty. It's funny how they
can figure out stuff like that. I really want to take her inside but
she hangs with her mother and mom is way too feral to ever come
inside. I'd hate to leave her mom without Baby's company so thus far I
have to leave her outside.
Old January 13th 14, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/13/2014 11:13 AM, dgk wrote:
I have a beat 23 year old car that runs fine although it probably
brings down the neighborhood real estate values. But I'm driving
towards the house on Sunday and Baby comes dashing along the street to
the front of my house to wait for me.

I gave her treats for being such a smart kitty. It's funny how they
can figure out stuff like that. I really want to take her inside but
she hangs with her mother and mom is way too feral to ever come
inside. I'd hate to leave her mom without Baby's company so thus far I
have to leave her outside.

I understand about leaving Baby with her mom. Thank you for taking care
of them.

Persia has always recognized the sound (or at least the appearance) of
my 13 year old car. When we lived in the apartment in TN she'd sit on
the low window-sill in the front room waiting for me to come home. I
had a dedicated parking space right by my front walk. The minute she
heard/saw my car she'd run to the kitchen/entry way to greet me.

Now she recognizes the sound of the garage door opening. She waits in
the doorway from the dining room to the kitchen. If I start carrying in
groceries she has to look to see if anything is for her. Even if it's
just a jug of kitty litter.

Jill
Old January 13th 14, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"dgk" wrote in message ...

I have a beat 23 year old car that runs fine although it probably
brings down the neighborhood real estate values. But I'm driving
towards the house on Sunday and Baby comes dashing along the street to
the front of my house to wait for me.

I gave her treats for being such a smart kitty. It's funny how they
can figure out stuff like that. I really want to take her inside but
she hangs with her mother and mom is way too feral to ever come
inside. I'd hate to leave her mom without Baby's company so thus far I
have to leave her outside.

~~~~~~~
Cats are really smart that way. All three of my cats are waiting for me by
the door any time I return. I usually come in through the garage, so we
could assume that they are reacting to the sound of the car or garage door
opener. However, they will be waiting even if I walk from a neighbor's
house and enter the front door. Years ago, when my parents (now deceased)
were visiting, and I still had Amber(RB), my dad told me that Amber would
come running from wherever she was in the house, and I would enter a couple
of minutes later. She apparently could hear the car while I was still out
on the road. I was teaching at the university at that time and did not have
a regular schedule, so she was not basing it on time of day.

MaryL

Old January 13th 14, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

dgk wrote:
I have a beat 23 year old car that runs fine although it probably
brings down the neighborhood real estate values. But I'm driving
towards the house on Sunday and Baby comes dashing along the street to
the front of my house to wait for me.

I gave her treats for being such a smart kitty. It's funny how they
can figure out stuff like that. I really want to take her inside but
she hangs with her mother and mom is way too feral to ever come
inside. I'd hate to leave her mom without Baby's company so thus far I
have to leave her outside.

The cat I had in high school used to know when I was due home, and would
meet me halfway down the block to walk home with me. Animals are much
more intelligent than many humans realize. (Cats may be too independent
to try to please us, as dogs will, but it's not because they don't know
what's going on.)
Old January 13th 14, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"dgk" wrote in message
I have a beat 23 year old car that runs fine although it probably
brings down the neighborhood real estate values. But I'm driving
towards the house on Sunday and Baby comes dashing along the street to
the front of my house to wait for me.

I gave her treats for being such a smart kitty. It's funny how they
can figure out stuff like that. I really want to take her inside but
she hangs with her mother and mom is way too feral to ever come
inside. I'd hate to leave her mom without Baby's company so thus far I
have to leave her outside.

My car is younger than yours, but he is probably the oldest on the street,
my lovely Mr F is so reliable that I have no intention of getting a newer
car.

Just like Baby, Boyfriend knew the sound of my car and was waiting for me
outside when I got home from work (even though he was probably inside the
house when I drove up the road)
Cats have amazing hearing ability so the noise of your car engine is
probably unique enough to them. I know this because both Kitty FC &
Boyfriend caught mice without actually seeing them, just from hearing them.
Kitty once caught a mouse from under a hen hut door, she put her paw
underneath when she heard it and got it.
Boyfie caught a mouse he let go in the house when he was an apprentice. He
was peering under where it was when it broke for freedom the other side (he
could not see it) and he had it within literally half a second merely by
sound.

I don't know what I'd do about Baby. Leaving her with her feral mum to
become feral herself because you don't want to part them, or get her into
the house for a potentially better life where she might not be able to go
outside ever.
That's a difficult one.

Tweed

Old January 14th 14, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MaryL" wrote in message

"dgk" wrote in message ...

[...]

Lindy (RB) used to greet me at the kitchen door. However, when I get home
now, Pickles & Waffles don't stir from wherever they are (usually my bed).
If I tell them I'm home they look at me as if to say, "Oh, did you go
someplace?"

--
Joy

Land older than time
Red earth and dry riverbeds.
Why do I love you?
--- Australia Haiku by Joy Gaylord

Old January 14th 14, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:59:59 -0800, "Joy" wrote:

"MaryL" wrote in message

"dgk" wrote in message ...

[...]

Yes, the outside cats come when I get home but the slovenly inside
cats open one eye when the door opens, see it's me, and close the eye.
If someone is with me, they bolt for hiding places.
Old January 14th 14, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:00:03 -0600, "MaryL"
wrote:

opener. However, they will be waiting even if I walk from a neighbor's
house and enter the front door. Years ago, when my parents (now deceased)

I was actually expecting to see (RB) for your parents as well! After
all, according to the tale, we cross the bridge and our friends (all
kinds) are waiting for us. I'm sort of looking forward to that, but I
think I need just a bit more convincing. Say 30 years worth. Then I'll
be ready to meet Espy and Nico and the rest of the brood. Oh, and my
parents as well. Well, mom hasn't crossed the bridge yet so I can
still talk to her here on earth.
Old January 14th 14, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:

opener. However, they will be waiting even if I walk from a neighbor's
house and enter the front door. Years ago, when my parents (now deceased)

I was actually expecting to see (RB) for your parents as well! After
all, according to the tale, we cross the bridge and our friends (all
kinds) are waiting for us.

~~~~~~~~
I didn't think of that (RB for my parents). I didn't think of it when I
wrote the message, but it would have been appropriate.

I am having difficulty typing. Nikki keeps jumping up in my lap--and it's
delightful.

MaryL

Ultraviolet - Light my way baby baby baby Linus Brown Cat health & behaviour 2 April 7th 10 11:27 AM
baby baby Cat anecdotes 0 August 25th 08 02:59 PM
Cheap Baby-G Watches Tanning Timer Watches - Baby-G Watches TanningTimer Watch Cheapest [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 April 28th 08 04:09 AM
OK, so I'm a Big Baby CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 December 12th 04 03:31 AM
Baby, baby don't get hooked on me Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 20 April 9th 04 07:06 PM