Crazy and odd pet laws

Old February 23rd 12, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Crazy and odd pet laws

Sherry wrote:
On Feb 22, 8:43 am, Sherry wrote:

To backtrack: I don't think there's anything wrong with raising
livestock
for slaughter. It's probably the smart thing to do if you eat meat,
and want to really
control what's in the meat you consume. What I meant was, I'd get
too attached. I'd probably even get emotionally attached to a chicken.

Sherry

I have a (vegetarian) friend who raises chickens. She has no problem
with eating eggs (since they are infertile, lacking a rooster), but when
a chicken dies, she holds a "funeral" for it, as she does for deceased cats.
Old February 23rd 12, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Sensible pet laws (as: Crazy and odd pet laws)

Jack Campin wrote:
Spotted this in another group (Nick Odell in uk.media.radio.archers):

: On a previous trip to Canada I visited the Ottawa Parliament. The
: architecture makes a nod in the direction of the Westminster Houses
: of Parliament but that is where the resemblance ends. There's a
: stray cats' shelter in the grounds, supported by the public through
: voluntary donations. A childrens' playground. Anybody seems to be
: able to wander anywhere and free conducted tours are encouraged.

: I was about to write that Canadians seem to feel that it's their
: building, the MPs are their elected representatives and it all belongs
: to them but I don't think that quite gets to the heart of it: it's
: almost as if the questions about access never even needed to be asked.
: Contrast that with the mother of parliaments shrouded in steel and
: surrounded by a no-demonstration zone. When did it all go wrong? When
: did we start electing people who feel they need to be protected from
: us?

The world has changed (not for the better) in the last sixty-odd years,
that's for sure! Someone sent me an E-mail pointing out that, when the
Trumans left the White House, Harry and Bess drove back to Independence,
MO in the family car (no Secret Service escort). They moved back into
the home he inherited from his parents, and spent the rest of their
lives there, no bodyguards present or required.
Old February 23rd 12, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Sherry wrote:

I've heard pigs are pretty smart. I've never had one, and can't
understand how
people raise livestock for slaughter. Still, about twenty years ago it
became
trendy for people to have these crossbred, small pigs as housepets. I
don't
care *how* smart or cute they are. They grow up, and you have a *hog*
in
your house.
But to give respect where respect is due, I have a real affinity for
pigs as I
wouldn't be alive without replacement parts which came from one.

Sherry

To paraphrase Churchill. Cats look down on us, dogs look up to us, pigs
treat us as equals.
--
Adrian

We Have New Laws To Protect Animals in UK/Animal Welfare Laws sheelagh Cat health & behaviour 4 April 11th 07 02:35 PM
Laws of cat physics Joy Cat anecdotes 1 September 23rd 06 11:20 PM
Laws of Physics Julie and Sam Cat anecdotes 4 September 21st 06 05:10 AM
OT Mother in laws look out Matthew Cat anecdotes 2 July 26th 06 06:47 AM
OT Unavoidable Laws Matthew Cat anecdotes 2 June 14th 06 07:59 PM