OT You think you're having a bad day? BW

Old January 17th 04, 08:58 AM

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

There was a getaway car, but no holdup. The guys were *streakers*,
running through naked through a Denny's late at night as a joke.

Oh, *streakers*. I don't think I got that from the original post. Well,
*that* must have been embarrassing!

Joyce

Old January 17th 04, 10:12 AM
jmcquown

John Biltz wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:14:54 -0800, Yoj wrote
(in message
):

I saw that on the news. The police didn't even arrest them.

Streaking is a childish prank which harks back many years; anyone ever
notice the 1970's have landed again? ROFL

I doubt it should warrant an arrest, let alone the $$ to jail and prosecute
them. Let's get the crack and coke dealers off the streets first. Nobody
ever died from seeing some naked guys genitals flying past them in a
restaurant, unless of course, that was on the menu and wasn't properly
cooked

Jill

Three men went through streaking through a Denny's restaurant in
Spokane, Washington. As they ran out the door, they saw their car
being driven away by a thief. They had left it running, for a quick
getaway. They huddled behind cars, in 20 degree Fahrenheit weather,
until the police arrived.

--
Joy

Life is what happens to you while you are planning to do something
else.

Old January 17th 04, 04:24 PM
John Biltz

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 2:12:35 -0800, jmcquown wrote
(in message ):

Thats not even the strangest funny thing that happened in Spokane this
week. I was watching the news this morning and they reran the tape of
the guy in court for robbing a bank and he is screaming, in court mind
you, on camera, its a mistake he's a drug dealer not bank robber, then
finishes up screaming he's going to kill somebody. The judge even
stopped him once and told him everything could be used against him in
court and he just kept going on.

Old January 17th 04, 06:47 PM
Tanada

Yoj wrote:

Three men went through streaking through a Denny's restaurant in
Spokane, Washington. As they ran out the door, they saw their car being
driven away by a thief. They had left it running, for a quick getaway.
They huddled behind cars, in 20 degree Fahrenheit weather, until the
police arrived.

And people wonder why I don't want to move back to my "home" area. Not
only is it too cold, but Spokane puts out more than it's fair share of
nut cases.

Pam S. not surprised
Old January 17th 04, 06:50 PM
Tanada

jmcquown wrote:

Sherry wrote:

Too funny! In addition to the Stupid Crook award, they should be
inducted into the "Shoulda Thought of That" hall of fame.

Sherry

Anyone taking any bets on whether alcohol was involved?

Jill

This is Spokane. Alcohol is a given.

Pam S. embarrassed
Old January 17th 04, 06:56 PM
Tanada

John Biltz wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 2:12:35 -0800, jmcquown wrote
(in message ):

Thats not even the strangest funny thing that happened in Spokane this
week. I was watching the news this morning and they reran the tape of
the guy in court for robbing a bank and he is screaming, in court mind
you, on camera, its a mistake he's a drug dealer not bank robber, then
finishes up screaming he's going to kill somebody. The judge even
stopped him once and told him everything could be used against him in
court and he just kept going on.

That sounds about right for Spokane. Back when I lived there in the
late 70s/early 80s, there was a serial rapist who's mother tried to hire
a hit man to remove the judge and prosecuting attorney. Sometimes I
think Spokane = strange.

Pam S. who was raised near Spokane
Old January 17th 04, 09:17 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 8:24:23 -0800, John Biltz
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 2:12:35 -0800, jmcquown wrote
(in message ):

Thats not even the strangest funny thing that happened in Spokane this
week. I was watching the news this morning and they reran the tape of
the guy in court for robbing a bank and he is screaming, in court mind
you, on camera, its a mistake he's a drug dealer not bank robber, then
finishes up screaming he's going to kill somebody. The judge even
stopped him once and told him everything could be used against him in
court and he just kept going on.

Using his own product, perhaps? ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 17th 04, 10:17 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

John Biltz wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 2:12:35 -0800, jmcquown wrote
(in message ):

Thats not even the strangest funny thing that happened in Spokane this
week. I was watching the news this morning and they reran the tape of
the guy in court for robbing a bank and he is screaming, in court mind
you, on camera, its a mistake he's a drug dealer not bank robber, then
finishes up screaming he's going to kill somebody. The judge even
stopped him once and told him everything could be used against him in
court and he just kept going on.

Perhaps he'd been sampling too much of his product?
Old January 17th 04, 10:19 PM

Tanada wrote:

Yoj wrote:

Three men went through streaking through a Denny's restaurant in
Spokane, Washington. As they ran out the door, they saw their car being
driven away by a thief. They had left it running, for a quick getaway.
They huddled behind cars, in 20 degree Fahrenheit weather, until the
police arrived.

And people wonder why I don't want to move back to my "home" area. Not
only is it too cold, but Spokane puts out more than it's fair share of
nut cases.

Must be the proximity to California (which used to have the reputation
of having the most "nuts" in the country).

Pam S. not surprised

Old January 17th 04, 10:34 PM
Hopitus2

Oh, I dunno, Pam...years ago, I saw a really charming movie about a pretty
Linda Fiorentino before she hit it big in movies and some good-looking
skinny hunk whose name I can't think of....it was about older woman/younger
man relationship and showed a lot of Spokane. I think the dude was involved
in wrestling contests but not sure....Spokane looked charming if a bit dull
compared to my locale here (remember lots of rain in movie). Was it called
"Vision Quest"? Anyway, I liked movie a lot and having never visited the
city, will probably always picture it as in that movie.....not a bad place
at all.

"Tanada" wrote in message
: