Sassy dosen't feel well

Old April 21st 05, 12:24 AM
tanada

Melissa Houle wrote:
Dan M wrote in message ...

Which reminds me of an "etiquette" rule from my mother a bout a hundred
years ago. (Does anybody remember when they taught etiquette in high
school to the girls? LOL) "No one should be able to smell your perfume
unless they are invading your personal space. Your perfume should never
invade theirs. "

I like that! What an elegant way to express it.

Dan

I do too. I wish some of the members of the public would use LESS perfume.
I'm not especially sensitive or allergenic, but a blast of too-sweet cheapo
perfume can definitely invade one's airspace. Even good perfume can quickly
feel like "too much " when used with abandon. At work, we're told when in
doubt, don't use perfume, as we serve the public, and we never know if we
might serve a person who IS allergic.

Melissa

I'm very allergic to some perfumes, unfortunately, those tend to be the
cheap ones that the kids wear. We got into a debate about this at one
of the middle schools I work at, and the consensus was that we couldn't
decide which was worse, cheap perfume applied heavily, or intestinal gas
released silently (those SBDs)

Pam S.
Old April 21st 05, 03:59 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

KittyLady wrote:

I use to wear white Diamonds Purfume, until the vet and I fiqured out
that there was something in it that Sassy was allergic to. When i would
wear it she would sneeze, cough and have runny eyes. Well to get to my
point my pastor and wife came for a visit last night (my youngest is
getting over chicken pox) and I noticed that Sassy's eyes were watering
and that she was starting to sneeze. Turns out that the pastors wife
was wearing that same purfume. Sassy being the love bug that she is was
not happy when I shut her up in the master bath (and rightfully took it
out on the TP). My baby is still feeling pretty funky (sneezing alot
and has itchy looking eyes).
So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?

Remember what someone posted here a while back? About
informing visitors that the cats are part of the family, and
are treated as such in any right-thinking household?
(That's not how it was worded, but that's the general idea.)

My sister-in-law is severely allergic to cats (and almost
everything else one CAN be allergic to). Consequently, when
they "visit" me, most of our visiting takes place in their
hotel rooms, in restaurants, or outdoors at some tourist
attraction. It's a nuisance for all of us, but she doesn't
expect me to banish Melisande, and we're still good friends,
despite my being a cat person.

Old April 21st 05, 04:44 AM
Sam Nash

"KittyLady" wrote in message
oups.com...
I use to wear white Diamonds Purfume, until the vet and I fiqured out
that there was something in it that Sassy was allergic to. When i would
wear it she would sneeze, cough and have runny eyes. Well to get to my
point my pastor and wife came for a visit last night (my youngest is
getting over chicken pox) and I noticed that Sassy's eyes were watering
and that she was starting to sneeze. Turns out that the pastors wife
was wearing that same purfume. Sassy being the love bug that she is was
not happy when I shut her up in the master bath (and rightfully took it
out on the TP). My baby is still feeling pretty funky (sneezing alot
and has itchy looking eyes).
So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?
I did email my vet but he says for me to watch her for any signs of
infection but more than likely it would clear on its own. So does
anyone here have any suggestions for getting my love bug past this?
P.S. My living room still reaks of the purfume.

Skritches and Sniffles,
KittyLady and Sassy

Don't have any suggestions other than airing out the house if that's an
option. Purrs for Sassy to get over it quickly.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old April 21st 05, 04:54 AM
Singh

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message
news

Dan M wrote in message

[...]

Louie is allergic to the dirt-cheap stuff that smells like a desperate
hooker. He usually works late, and gets a sneezing fit around 5 to 530 PM.
That's when the office ladies are leaving and going out on the town, and
they spritz themselves with some noxious mess. On me he can tolerate the
more expensive brands which are more likely to use natural ingredients, and
my "home brews" of essential oils. Even the cats are better off than when I
had some godawful two-dollar copy of Jovan Musk sprayed all over creation.

I used to be a serious collector of perfume miniatures. I scoured the earth
for rarities and at one time had over 500 different scents and bottles. But
they stunk up the place. I knew Louie was the man when I could toss it
without regret.

A recipe from my witchier days:

equal amounts of patchouli, lavender, sweet orange and rose geranium
essential oils, perhaps 10 to 20 drops of each to a dram bottle depending on
your nose's taste, and fill 'er up the rest of the way with jojoba oil.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 21st 05, 04:56 AM
Singh

"tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm very allergic to some perfumes, unfortunately, those tend to be the

cheap ones that the kids wear. We got into a debate about this at one
of the middle schools I work at, and the consensus was that we couldn't
decide which was worse, cheap perfume applied heavily, or intestinal gas
released silently (those SBDs)

If you've ever smelled that new rancid waste called Curious, you'd know why
I prefer a bowl of beans to anything released by Britney Spears, including
her perfume.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 21st 05, 04:59 AM
Marina

KittyLady wrote:
So was I rude to have asked my company to leave?

I don't think you were rude. It's Sassy's home and she shouldn't have to
suffer like that in her own home. I made the mistake of buying scented
cat litter one day. The minute I had poured some into the litter box, my
asthmatic Nikki started wheezing something terrible, though she wasn't
even anywhere near the box. I quickly opened all the windows and the
door to the balcony, and poured the litter back in the bag and hid it in
a closet.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old April 21st 05, 05:05 AM
Singh

"KittyLady" wrote in message
ups.com...
Karen,
I agree she was wearing way to much. I have the windows open (its 76
degrees here) and a fan running. The only candles I burn are apple and
cinnamon ones. I tell you my pastors wife was very displeased about
being asked to leave. She did not understand that my Sassy is treated
just like a human family member and did not find it amusing when I told
her that Sassy should not have to suffer in her own home.

Methinks she needs a gentle reminder of the words of Master Jesus, who used
the parable of an ox falling into a pit on the Sabbath in order to
illustrate priorities. If it's okay to save the ox from injury and hunger in
the pit, then should it not be okay to save a cat from illness and
discomfort as well, and in her own home?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old April 21st 05, 01:21 PM
Jane

It does. I am always paranoid about the litterbox and constantly asking
people if the house smells like I have cats. Or asking DH if the milk
smells bad. On the positive side, I can clean up *anything* and never
gag.

See? There is a positive side to everything. For me, it's a matter of
allergies/asthma, both new concepts to me. If I walk past someone who
has been smoking, or marinating in perfume, my lungs just *shut down*
and I have to get to a clean airspace to recover and try to continue
walking. It's driving me crazy.

As for milk, it *all* smells bad. I hate milk. Grew up next to a cow
and I have always hated milk. lol

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old April 21st 05, 03:05 PM
KittyLady

Oh I have used the scented litter before to. Sassy can't tolerate it
either, so we use torn up newspaper and a little baking soda for the
smell.

Skritches,
KittyLady & Sassy who is feeling much better today.

I feel so much better! Baby Eyes Cat anecdotes 33 September 20th 04 06:25 PM
i feel so guilty cati Cat anecdotes 4 April 23rd 04 02:15 AM
Berfert Don't Feel So Good Tanada Cat anecdotes 23 November 14th 03 02:20 AM
Hairballs: Persia doesn't feel good ? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 September 28th 03 09:40 PM
I should feel honoured but I don't catsruleok Cat anecdotes 20 August 21st 03 06:35 AM