Inconsistency

Old June 24th 05, 04:13 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about Inconsistency:

Why is it just fine and dandy for Tweed to mercilessly abuse Jill, but
not fine for her to get back a *fraction* of what she's dishing out?

I really wish you could explain to me how Tweed has been mercilessly abusing
me? If I felt she was doing so I'd surely lash out or give her the PLONK,
don't you think? I mean, I appreciate you standing up for me but I'm still
not sure why you think you need to. I haven't been insulted in the least by
my discussions, on the ng or in private, with Tweed. Nor anyone else I
correspond with here, for that matter. Sometimes we all just agree to
disagree, but hey, that's the way life should be, isn't it?
Jill (glad we aren't all borg or clones)

You must not have seen all the posts about how horrible you and LLL
are for not abandoning that art show he NEEDED the income from to
chase after one dog, never mind that he needed that money to feed all
his other animals, etc.

After several days of reading that and cringing on your behalf, I hit
my limit for self-righteous nastiness.

Old June 24th 05, 04:42 AM
Mary

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Thu 23 Jun 2005 10:55:39p, Victor Martinez wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Cheryl wrote:
You can troll-b-que me all you want, but I'm not a troll. Many
know this. I used to like you.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You post was nothing but sheer
bile, one of the definitions of troll in my book. It was petty
and low, you should apologize.

If you saw what I've been up against in another group, you wouldn't
think I have to apologize. I don't see where I have to apologize.
It wasn't "bile". It was in response to what I read here. I happen
to agree with what I replied to. I'm allowed to do that.

I am amazed when people start a load of misery up then
say "poor me."

Old June 24th 05, 04:43 AM
Mary

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:
You can troll-b-que me all you want, but I'm not a troll. Many know
this. I used to like you.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You post was nothing but sheer bile, one of
the definitions of troll in my book. It was petty and low, you should
apologize.

I don't know how Cheryl can post any other way.

Old June 24th 05, 04:46 AM
Mary

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
We had these for dinner tonight, they were awesome!

Victor's crostini

Toast two large pieces of crusty bread, a sourdough loaf is great
Chop fresh tomatoes (I used a variety of cherry tomatoes that we got as
a gift), fresh basil and toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper
Top the toasts with the tomatoes and top with fresh mozzarella
Broil until the cheese melts.
Delicious!

I do my own rendition of this, also with sourdough--but I add
a portobello mushroom and use that OTHER Italian sandwich
cheese ... that escapes my harried brain at the moment ... grrr..!
It is also white ... delis always have it ... aughghghghh! Help!!

Old June 24th 05, 05:54 AM
pmendhall

Now you both have made me very hungry. Off to look in the fridge for
something to eat. It won't match these.

Diane

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
We had these for dinner tonight, they were awesome!

Victor's crostini

Toast two large pieces of crusty bread, a sourdough loaf is great
Chop fresh tomatoes (I used a variety of cherry tomatoes that we got
as a gift), fresh basil and toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper
Top the toasts with the tomatoes and top with fresh mozzarella
Broil until the cheese melts.
Delicious!

Sounds fantastic! I'd serve that with a spinach salad with a very simple
olive oil and balsamic dressing, garlic... you know the drill

Sometimes
simplest is best.

Jill

Old June 24th 05, 06:45 AM
Melissa Houle

Mary wrote in message
news:1119584781.14808d7df8511ab85033aeb979ffadc9@t eranews...

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
We had these for dinner tonight, they were awesome!

Victor's crostini

Toast two large pieces of crusty bread, a sourdough loaf is great
Chop fresh tomatoes (I used a variety of cherry tomatoes that we got as
a gift), fresh basil and toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper
Top the toasts with the tomatoes and top with fresh mozzarella
Broil until the cheese melts.
Delicious!

I do my own rendition of this, also with sourdough--but I add
a portobello mushroom and use that OTHER Italian sandwich
cheese ... that escapes my harried brain at the moment ... grrr..!
It is also white ... delis always have it ... aughghghghh! Help!!

Provolone, perhaps? Victor, your recipe sounds delish. G I still have
pleasant lingering memories of the meals I ate in Italy. (happy sigh)

As to the other matter beginning this post, I have to admit I'm very
confused.... and saddened. I missed the posts that lead up to this, am not
entirely sure who is involved or why, and at this point, I don't want to
further inflame feelings. Yes, I feel very sympathetic toward Tweed while
she is facing this possibly serious illness, and would feel the same toward
any other member of this NG under similar situations. And I would extend you
the same sympathy, Seannette. Giving support to one person doesn't mean
that I cannot also give it to someone else. There are lots of varieties of
personal crises, and because one person is facing a battle with cancer
doesn't mean that someone else is not going through an equally difficult
personal crisis of different sort. Each person has a valid need and right to
ask for group support, whatever the nature of their trouble. I am sorry you
felt you could not ask for help when you needed it. That has to be a very
lonely feeling.

{{{Seannette}}} and {{{Tweed}}}

For the lowering of stress levels, I suggest everyone should seek out your
cat or cats, and giving him or her a blissful massage. It may not solve all
problems, but I'm betting it will lower stress level all around in the
immediate term .
Sleep well, everyone.

Melissa

Old June 24th 05, 06:59 AM
Mary

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message

Mary wrote in message
[...]

YES!! Thanks, Melissa. Speaking of Italy it was in Florence that
I first had this portobello, cheese and tomato sandwich. At that time
when most of the places are closed, when Americans are accustomed
to having lunch and Italians have gone home to be with their families,
only to return to work after a couple of hours and stay there until
7 or 8 p.m. And then it is out for gelato, of course. It must be time
to go again .... I wish.

Old June 24th 05, 09:59 AM
jmcquown

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
[...]

I did read it. Frankly, like a duck in water, I stated the facts and let
any criticism roll off my back. I know better than anyone my LLL can't just
up and decide not do his job, pets or no pets, whether anyone agrees with
his decision or not. My heart aches for Maddie-dog as does his. But I feel
she's crossed the RB and is at peace.

Jill

Old June 24th 05, 10:05 AM
Adrian

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
Why is it just fine and dandy for Tweed to mercilessly abuse Jill, but
not fine for her to get back a *fraction* of what she's dishing out?

I'd hoped you were going to apologise for a post sent in haste.
Obviously this is not the case, what a pity I thought you were better
than that.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 24th 05, 01:41 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Cheryl wrote:
On Thu 23 Jun 2005 10:23:14p, Seanette Blaylock wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Why is it just fine and dandy for Tweed to mercilessly abuse
Jill, but not fine for her to get back a *fraction* of what
she's dishing out?

I could say the same about CN. But I won't.

Too late. Please keep the pettiness in H&B. This goes for *everyone*.

Maybe we should start a new group: RPCIWBAS
(rec.pets.cats.I.wanna.bitch.at.someone)

Please?

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©