Frank's not feeling well

Old August 13th 05, 09:58 AM
wafflycat

Frank, my sweetness, are the whippersnappers getting to you? Would you like
me to teleport over and thwap them a few times???

Purrs, your Waffles

Old August 13th 05, 03:08 PM
Takayuki

Marina wrote:

I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake in moving and taking in
Caliban. I hope Frank's problems aren't due to stress because of these
changes, but to the lack of meds. That can be remedied. He doesn't seem
stressed by Caliban. They touch noses and warble softly to each other
when they meet, and otherwise mostly just ignore each other. He didn't
seem stressed when we first ame to the new place, he just immediately
adopted the sauna as his preferred sleeping place. I can't really enjoy
Caliban's company when I worry so much about Frankie.

Awww, Frank and the new kitten are so sweet! I hope that it really is
nothing serious. Tummy problems are transient. I hope.

Old August 13th 05, 03:17 PM
Marina

Today Frank's breathing sounded laboured, and to top it all off miranda
seemed like she had something stuck in her throat. So I hauled them both
off to the emergency vet. I had to wait several hours while they were
checking them, but the time went quickly enough when a woman came in
with a Norweigan Forest cat and we swapped kitty stories. It was the
first time I've seen a NFC in 'person'. What an impressive cat! Very
nice and friendly, to, though she had a UTI. The woman had her on a
leash, no carrier, and she'd taken the metro to the vet school, and had
no fuss with the cat.

Anyway, finally they called me in to talk about Frank and Mir. It seems
they have some sort of infection. Miranda's tonsils are swollen, which
is why she acts like there's something in her throat. The bloodwork
indicated that Frank has an infection, too. So the vet assumed that they
both have the same thing, and now I get to give all three cats
antibiotics twice a day for ten days. Yippee!

It seems obvious to me that Caliban is the one who infected the others.
I really hope the AB works, and that it doesn't turn into something nasty.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old August 13th 05, 03:21 PM
W. Leong

Frank, I am purring for you to feel better soon. I hate getting pills too.
But you should eat your kidney fud. I've been eating all kinds prescription
fud and they made me feel better right away.

Purrrrrrrrs,
Rusty

"Marina" wrote in message
This happens every time we get back from the island. Frank doesn't feel
too good for a few days. But this time he's been under the weather for
nearly a week. He has an upset tummy. It started before I brought home
Caliban, so I don't think that's the reason. I made an appointment for him
at the same time I'm taking Caliban in on Tuesday.

One thing I know is that he's not getting enough of his hyperthyroidism
meds. He's been refusing to eat his kidney diet food lately, and I've
given him the same meat as I give Miranda, but I can't mix the meds in
that, and so I've had to give them with the syringe. And Frank fights the
syringe really hard, and when I manage to squirt some into his mouth, he
just closes his mouth and lets the stuff trickle out between his lips.
Hyperthyroidism can cause a runny tummy, so I'm hoping that's all it is.
Poor boy, I can see he's not feeling very well. He hides furthest back in
the sauna, where I can't reach him and cuddle him, so I mostly leave him
alone. He's very unforgiving when I give him meds with the syringe, so he
doesn't want me near him anyway. I miss my darling boy!

I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake in moving and taking in Caliban.
I hope Frank's problems aren't due to stress because of these changes, but
to the lack of meds. That can be remedied. He doesn't seem stressed by
Caliban. They touch noses and warble softly to each other when they meet,
and otherwise mostly just ignore each other. He didn't seem stressed when
we first ame to the new place, he just immediately adopted the sauna as
his preferred sleeping place. I can't really enjoy Caliban's company when
I worry so much about Frankie.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Old August 13th 05, 03:45 PM
Lisa Katt

Marina skrev i meddelandet ...
[...]

Many purrs for the cats to get over the infection soon.
Hope they will accept their antibiotics without too much struggling.
PURRS!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old August 13th 05, 04:11 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
It seems obvious to me that Caliban is the one who infected the others.
I really hope the AB works, and that it doesn't turn into something nasty.

Well, they could have gotten it at the island too, better call your
sister to check on her cats! Anyhow, purrs that the antibiotics do their
thing quickly. How is Caliban doing? Is he showing symptoms at all?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 13th 05, 04:13 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Frank and Miranda. At least now you know what the problem is.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 13th 05, 04:18 PM
W. Leong

So sorry to hear this. Rusty is sending lots of purrs to Finland.
He tends to get the run while on antibiotics and also stopped eating.
So you may want to watch out for that. Yogurt should help.
I sympathize with giving AB to 3 cats for 10 days. Once I had to give
AB for 1 month to Rusty for a bladder infection. That and trying to get
him to eat something was a real challenge. I made many calls to the
vet for help during that time.
I presume Caliban has been checked out by a vet before coming to live
with you.

On a lighter note, I am watching the World Tack & Field competition in
Finland almost every evening.
Last night I was cheering for the Canadian competitors and Rusty thought I
asked him to "Come On". He actually came and jumped on
my lap. That happened twice. So now I am going to use these words
whenever I want him to come to me. But knowing Rusty, that may
not work all the time.

Winnie

Old August 13th 05, 04:48 PM
Exocat

"Marina" wrote
Today Frank's breathing sounded laboured, and to top it all off
miranda seemed like she had something stuck in her throat.

Sorry to learn this, but relieved it isn't more serious.

Purrs that there's something of your fingers left once their course
of treatment is complete.

G & the FF

Old August 13th 05, 04:56 PM
W. Leong

"Exocat" wrote in message
"Marina" wrote
Today Frank's breathing sounded laboured, and to top it all off miranda
seemed like she had something stuck in her throat.

Sorry to learn this, but relieved it isn't more serious.

Purrs that there's something of your fingers left once their course
of treatment is complete.

G & the FF

When I pill Rusty, I protect my finger with this thimble like 'tooth brush'
used to brush his teeth. It works very well except now Rusy associates
tooth brushing with pills.

Winnie