Fritzie gets a phone call

Old October 22nd 04, 03:15 PM
Singh

Default Fritzie gets a phone call

Long before the Do No Call List and all the recent legislation
surrounding telemarketing, we received a call to the house.

"Hello, may I speak with Mr. Fritzie F. Suz-zuh-shuh--"

"That's pronounced Sha-pan-ski (Szczepanski)," my then fiance Louie
said. "I think you'd best check that middle initial."

After a few keyboard clicks, Louie said, he could hear total shock
oozing from the unfortunate caller's pores. "FELINE?!"

"Yes," Louie said. "Fritzie is my cat. That would make it very difficult
to put him on the phone. It's daylight after all, when normal
four-legged people sleep."

"Sir, I am SO sorry--"

"No problem. The enjoyment I will have in telling this story far
outweighs any inconvenience you may have caused me."

It seemed our pharmacy liked to sell the names of clients to "interested
parties." Fritzie was diabetic, and we got his needles and glucose
control pills by prescription. In New York, if you have to go to a
pharmacy to get pet medicine, the pharmacist has to enter the pet's name
in quotes, an F or C (feline or canine; I suppose if it were a parrot it
would be A, avian) in the middle initial space, and the surname of the
owner (servant.) I supposed it was a natural jump to assume that Fritzie
in quotes was a nickname for whatever the F was. Little did the poor
caller know!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old October 23rd 04, 02:34 AM
dhelderman

I used to have a dog that got preapproved for credit cards and got junk mail
after I ordered a toy for him off the internet and had it delivered in his
name...

Old October 23rd 04, 02:59 AM
Stormin Mormon

At the Hill Cumorah Pageant (stage play my church does) we accept referral
cards. Sometimes folks put down the names of their golfish, etc. And two
smartly dressed missionaries show up asking to talk with "Fritzie Singh".
Ususally good for a smile.

I've heard of the Army sending draft notices to pre schoolers, and also kids
of that tender age being called for jury duty.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus