another story supporting microchiping

Old April 29th 16, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default another story supporting microchiping

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 07:38:48 -0500, MaryL
wrote:
My cats also have not been scanned, but my vet knows exactly how I
received each of them. I don't think it is routine to scan every cat;
they are scanned when a stray is brought in or when there is some
question of ownership. Microchipping has saved many cats and dogs in
those circumstances. The benefits of microchipping was questionable
years ago because there were several different companies that
manufactured the chips, and they were not compatible. The result was
that vets might scan and still miss a chip because the devices they used
would not pick up all chips. That was the situation when I adopted
Holly(RB), so my vet did not recommend chipping her. Fortunately, that
is no longer a problem. In fact, chipping is now considered so
important that the rescue group where I found Selina and Nikki
microchips every cat before they release them for adoption.

I think there was that little blip about 10 years ago when Banfield tried
introducing ISO frequency chips, but fortunately, that was short lived.

Dot and Buster have HomeAgain chips. I don't think that Spicey is chipped
though, come to think of it. Maybe I should get her done.

Spicey was so funny yesterday when she was dashing around a little outside
for the first time, when I let her briefly follow us outside when I was
taking Dot out on her walking jacket.
Old April 29th 16, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:
[...]

Hopefully Microsoft won't try to get in on the act, or they will build
theirs to be totally incompatible with all readers currently out there (so
you have to buy their readers) and then they'll take over the industry.

--
Joyce

Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
-- Jan King
Old April 29th 16, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Hopefully Microsoft won't try to get in on the act, or they will
build theirs to be totally incompatible with all readers currently
out there (so you have to buy their readers) and then they'll take
over the industry.

....and every so often your cat will turn blue and won't move
or meow until you press the pink button at the back.

Old April 30th 16, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:33:49 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

In article , Takayuki
wrote:
Spicey was so funny yesterday when she was dashing around a little
outside for the first time, when I let her briefly follow us outside
when I was taking Dot out on her walking jacket.

She must be amazed how her life has changed since she came to live with
you. She has changed so much. She was really lucky to have you to look
after her even though she hasn't always shown it.

It's nice having a less tame cat than the others, because the contrast is
so educational. But in the end she couldn't resist her own feline social
instincts, and she's accepted me as her family. She's becoming a bit of a
part-time lap cat.
Old April 30th 16, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/30/2016 9:17 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:33:49 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

In article , Takayuki
wrote:
Spicey was so funny yesterday when she was dashing around a little
outside for the first time, when I let her briefly follow us outside
when I was taking Dot out on her walking jacket.

She must be amazed how her life has changed since she came to live with
you. She has changed so much. She was really lucky to have you to look
after her even though she hasn't always shown it.

It's nice having a less tame cat than the others, because the contrast is
so educational. But in the end she couldn't resist her own feline social
instincts, and she's accepted me as her family. She's becoming a bit of a
part-time lap cat.

That's so nice to read, Tak.

Jill

Supporting Sammy the post office cat MaryL Cat anecdotes 72 January 18th 09 01:59 PM
Supporting Sammy the post office cat MaryL Cat health & behaviour 43 January 17th 09 01:48 AM
Sad story (TW) Lesley Cat anecdotes 11 December 15th 07 11:22 PM
About h0p - The End of The Story Dee Cats - misc 15 August 15th 05 02:49 AM
RB Kitty story invite (Rocky's Story" reposted - Longish) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 15th 05 07:14 AM