So How's Apache, Little Feet, and Ms. Emily?

Old April 9th 14, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default So How's Apache, Little Feet, and Ms. Emily?

No posts from Mark lately, nor anyone else really. Must be quiet where
cats are concerned. Pretty quiet at my place as well. I'm beginning
preparation to move to Florida but that's likely a year or so off, and
I don't have a house there yet. But there is a certain amount of
cleanup underway. I have a lot of crap to get rid of.

We had a Swap Meet last weekend, where folks are supposed to bring
working stuff that they don't need and swap it for other people's
crap. I dumped a car load of stuff. Old ice cream maker, bath bubbler
thing, old harvard bed frame, lots of other crap. I successfully
avoided taking anything back. No cat content.

If things go as (un)planned, I'll probably buy a house in a few months
and move within a year or so. That's a big change. I'm hoping that I
can get my job to let me continue working remotely for a year or two.
At least as a consultant. I'm not quite ready to retire yet but I'd
like to be close enough to help out my mother.

I have no idea how I'm going to get three or four cats from NYC to
Florida. I suspect that I'll have to rent a van or something. Any
suggestions?
Old April 9th 14, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/9/2014 10:19 AM, dgk wrote:
No posts from Mark lately, nor anyone else really. Must be quiet where
cats are concerned.

Well, Persia is getting up there so she doesn't really do anything that
would knock anyone's socks off, anecdotally. She's still adorable.

Pretty quiet at my place as well. I'm beginning
preparation to move to Florida but that's likely a year or so off, and
I don't have a house there yet. But there is a certain amount of
cleanup underway. I have a lot of crap to get rid of.

Been there, done that. I feel your pain!

If things go as (un)planned, I'll probably buy a house in a few months
and move within a year or so. That's a big change. I'm hoping that I
can get my job to let me continue working remotely for a year or two.
At least as a consultant. I'm not quite ready to retire yet but I'd
like to be close enough to help out my mother.

Thank you for that.

I have no idea how I'm going to get three or four cats from NYC to
Florida. I suspect that I'll have to rent a van or something. Any
suggestions?

Not really, other than check out pet friendly hotels/motels along the
route. Oh, and Cat's Pride (and probably some others) make small
travel-size disposable litterboxes. Good luck with the future move!

Jill
Old April 9th 14, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 4/9/2014 1:30 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
dgk wrote:
[...]

It is unusual not to have posts from Mark. Maybe he's on holiday or having
loads of fun.

I like the idea of a Swap Meet. I've never heard of that before. It's a
very good idea. Well done for not being tempted as your purpose was to
reduce your possessions.

Your planned move sounds very exciting. One of my colleagues at work had
to move to Wales as her partner's job moved there and she was involved in
some IT development work so she now works remotely from Wales.

We've been busy with having a new patio. It's been finished tonight but as
it was dark when they left, I haven't seen the finished article in
daylight and we have a skip on the front lawn. I call it a lawn loosely,
It's part grass, part weeds and part moss but hey, it's green.

I've also had to take exams to keep my job, this after working there 42
years next Wednesday. When they said that it would help me if I applied
for another job I told them that the only exam result another employer
would be interested in at my age would be medical one. )

Sootie is enjoying the warmer and dryer (that's not difficult after the
storms we've had recently) weather and has been hunting mice and last
night she caught a bird. I thought it was a bat at first when she was
leaping up to catch it but there was half a feather wing left on the patio
when she'd eaten her take away.

That's all my news. Not very exciting I know.

Judith

My news isn't very exciting either. I recently broke a couple of toes.
At first stepping on the foot was excruciating and I tried using a
cane to help take weight off the foot. The can freaked out Waffles and
Pickles completely. I felt a little unsteady with the cane, so tried a
walker. That *really* freaked them out. Luckily for all of us, the
pain suddenly lessened and I got rid of the walker and no longer use the
cane.

That's about it here, except we're getting some extremely warm weather
for this time of year. The cats seem to be handling it better than I
am. ;-)

Joy
Old April 10th 14, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

If I get up during the night, I use a walker. Sweetie Pie is not afraid of this. I use a cane in the morning for a few minutes. Neither cat reacts to that at all.
Old April 10th 14, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 4/9/2014 4:28 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
If I get up during the night, I use a walker. Sweetie Pie is not afraid of this. I use a cane in the morning for a few minutes. Neither cat reacts to that at all.

Just goes to prove, once again, that all cats are different. Of course,
if I had to (when I have to - I'm 78, so it's probably coming) use one
all the time, they'd probably get used to it. I hope.

Joy
Old April 10th 14, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 16:28:23 -0700 (PDT), Mike Mayers
wrote:

If I get up during the night, I use a walker. Sweetie Pie is not afraid of this. I use a cane in the morning for a few minutes. Neither cat reacts to that at all.

I'll have to get used to it as well. I think everyone in Florida is
required to use a walker.
Old April 10th 14, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

If I get up during the night, I use a walker. Sweetie Pie is not afraid of this. I use a cane in the morning for a few minutes. Neither cat reacts to that at all.

I'll have to get used to it as well. I think everyone in Florida is
required to use a walker.

LOL! Except it really isn't funny. It's definitely true that getting
older isn't for sissies.

Joy
Old April 10th 14, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

If I get up during the night, I use a walker. Sweetie Pie is not
afraid of this. I use a cane in the morning for a few minutes.
Neither cat reacts to that at all.

I'll have to get used to it as well. I think everyone in Florida is
required to use a walker.

LOL! Except it really isn't funny. It's definitely true that getting
older isn't for sissies.

Joy

Yeah, all the minor inconveniences no one tells you about until you get
there!
Old April 10th 14, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

If I get up during the night, I use a walker. Sweetie Pie is not afraid of this. I use a cane in the morning for a few minutes. Neither cat reacts to that at all.

I'll have to get used to it as well. I think everyone in Florida is
required to use a walker.

Also, you're not allowed to drive unless your head isn't high enough to
see over the steering wheel.

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old April 10th 14, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

dgk wrote:

No posts from Mark lately, nor anyone else really. Must be quiet where
cats are concerned.

I've wondered about Mark. I haven't seen any posts from him on the Facebook
group, either. Hope he's OK.

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"

Apache got worried for Miss Emily today Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 2 November 23rd 13 02:26 AM
Multitasking Apache Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 1 August 5th 13 10:46 PM
Apache sez Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 3 June 6th 13 09:51 PM
Apache's nicknames Mark Edwards Cat anecdotes 1 April 15th 11 05:19 AM