Rosie has acne

Old October 26th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

Default Rosie has acne

This morning an abscess broke open under Rosie's chin. A trip to the vet
resulted in the diagnosis of acne with a secondary infection. The problem
spots were drained and flushed and we brought her home with some medicated
wipes and Clavamox drops.

I tried to give her the drops, but she shook her head and most of it
splattered on her face and who knows where else. I don't think she got much
if any.

Any hints on how to get her to take her medicine and purrs for healing would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Annie and Rosie

Old October 26th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Annie Wxill wrote:
This morning an abscess broke open under Rosie's chin. A trip to the vet
resulted in the diagnosis of acne with a secondary infection. The problem
spots were drained and flushed and we brought her home with some medicated
wipes and Clavamox drops.

I tried to give her the drops, but she shook her head and most of it
splattered on her face and who knows where else. I don't think she got much
if any.

Any hints on how to get her to take her medicine and purrs for healing would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Annie and Rosie

Lots and lots of purrs on the way for Rosie to heal quickly. Are you
using an eyedropper or syringe to give the Clavamox? I have more
success with a syringe than I do the eyedropper. I can get it in there
faster Sam is currently taking Clavamox pills. I wish they'd given
me the liquid because he'll hide a pill for what seems like hours and
wait until my head is turned and spit it out. Lacey on the other hand,
slings liquid medication everywhere!! When she had that bad URI she had
dried pink medicine all over her white chest. It took a week to get it
all cleaned up. That girl I'd rather give pills. Each one is a little
different.

Good luck and lots of purrs,
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old October 26th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Annie Wxill wrote:
This morning an abscess broke open under Rosie's chin. A trip to the
vet resulted in the diagnosis of acne with a secondary infection.
The problem spots were drained and flushed and we brought her home
with some medicated wipes and Clavamox drops.

I tried to give her the drops, but she shook her head and most of it
splattered on her face and who knows where else. I don't think she
got much if any.

Any hints on how to get her to take her medicine and purrs for
healing would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Annie and Rosie

Purrs on the way for Rosie.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old October 26th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message
This morning an abscess broke open under Rosie's chin. A trip to the vet
resulted in the diagnosis of acne with a secondary infection.

You know that using plastic food/water dishes can cause acne? sorry if I'm
trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs.
Since I found that out, my two have stainless steel dishes only and washed
after every meal, that's to say, they have a fresh dish for every meal even
if they haven't quite finished the last one, which goes in the chicken
bucket.
The chickens just *love* a bit of left-over cat food. It's amusing to see a
chicken that notices a chunk of cat food amongst the layers pellets. She
will snatch it up and run for it, immediately alerting the others who are
not so stupid that they don't realise she's discovered something special and
chase her to try and snatch it out of her beak. She can only try to eat it
as quickly as she can, otherwise she is mugged. ;-)

Tweed

Old October 26th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Teaching grandmothers to suck eggs (was: Rosie has acne)

Christina Websell wrote:

You know that using plastic food/water dishes can cause acne? sorry
if I'm trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs.

LOL, I haven't heard that expression before. Does it mean "telling you
something you already know"?

Joyce

Old October 26th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

You know that using plastic food/water dishes can cause acne? sorry
if I'm trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs.

LOL, I haven't heard that expression before. Does it mean "telling you
something you already know"?

Sort of, but it really means that I suspect you have as much/more knowledge
as me, so if I offer this advice, sorry if you know it already.

Tweed

Old October 27th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

[...]

Hm, I just realized what I can do with some unappreciated cat food we have
around. Involves the large flock of wild chickens up by the movie theatre.

Jo

Old October 27th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Annie Wxill wrote:
This morning an abscess broke open under Rosie's chin. A trip to the vet
resulted in the diagnosis of acne with a secondary infection. The problem
spots were drained and flushed and we brought her home with some medicated
wipes and Clavamox drops.

I tried to give her the drops, but she shook her head and most of it
splattered on her face and who knows where else. I don't think she got much
if any.

Any hints on how to get her to take her medicine and purrs for healing would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Annie and Rosie

Poor Rosie. "Take the icky drops to get better" purrs on the way.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old October 27th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Julie and Sam" wrote in message
Lots and lots of purrs on the way for Rosie to heal quickly. Are you
using an eyedropper or syringe to give the Clavamox? Good luck and lots
of purrs,
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

I was using the eyedropper that came with the medicine. Today I went to the
store and got some Fancy Feast salmon food and mixed the evening dose of the
medicine in a little bit of food. Rosie gobbled it down. Of course, Cinder
also had to have some of the new food (without medicine, of course). I hope
I can get them to go back to their boring regular food when the medicine is
gone.

I just can't tell you how thrilled and relieved I was to read that
Sam came through the surgery so well.

Annie

Old October 27th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

You know that using plastic food/water dishes can cause acne? sorry if
I'm trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs.
Since I found that out, my two have stainless steel dishes only and washed
after every meal...
Tweed

LOL. I think sucking eggs is one skill I can live my entire life and not
regret never having done it.

I've heard about the plastic dish problem.

The water dish is ceramic and the food dishes are stainless steel. The
dishes are washed immediately after a meal of wet food, but they like to
nibble on the dry food, so it is not all eaten immediately. However, those
dishes are also washed before the next use.

Rosie has been with us almost 7 years, and this is the first time she's had
this problem. Maybe she's regressing to be a teenager?

Annie