The freakiest thing.....

Old May 6th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Don & Lisa

Default The freakiest thing.....

On Thurs. I read a post where someone's Vet. sent a donation in their
kitties name. Sorry, I can't remember who this was. Anyway, I have never
heard of this and thought it was great. Well, on Fri. I received a notice
that my Vet. sent in a donation to the Tex. Vet. Medical Foundation in
Krystals name. Krystal was a stray that showed up a few years ago. I live in
the country and I have a neon sign that alerts all ferals and strays that I
am a sucker. LOL. I trap them and have them altered. Well, Krystal ended up
having a brain tumor and I had her put down. Now I need your opinion, do I
send a thank you note to my Vet.? Should I just wait until I have to take
one of my menagerie back and thank him then?

Head butts, Lisa.

Old May 6th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shel-hed[_2_]

On Sun, 6 May 2007 10:30:40 -0500, "Don & Lisa" wrote:

Now I need your opinion, do I
send a thank you note to my Vet.? Should I just wait until I have to take
one of my menagerie back and thank him then?

Our vet did something similar. I don't think any special acknowlegment is
necessary. In fact, I would prefer that the bill was a bit less, then I can
make the choice.

Old May 6th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Don & Lisa" wrote in message
On Thurs. I read a post where someone's Vet. sent a donation in their
kitties name. Sorry, I can't remember who this was. Anyway, I have never
heard of this and thought it was great. Well, on Fri. I received a notice
that my Vet. sent in a donation to the Tex. Vet. Medical Foundation in
Krystals name. Krystal was a stray that showed up a few years ago. I live
in the country and I have a neon sign that alerts all ferals and strays
that I am a sucker. LOL. I trap them and have them altered. Well, Krystal
ended up having a brain tumor and I had her put down. Now I need your
opinion, do I send a thank you note to my Vet.? Should I just wait until I
have to take one of my menagerie back and thank him then?

Head butts, Lisa.

I think a simple "thank you" card, for their thoughtfullness, would be
appropriate.

Old May 6th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

I'd bottom post, but can't figure out how to remove the line next to the
text.

Condolences to your loss of Krystal. It was kind of your vet to make a
donation in her memory. I assume that you received the notice from the
charity and not from the vet. The vet probably would appreciate a thank you
card or note from you. It never hurts to be gracious.
Annie

Old May 6th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I'd send a thank you note.

Joy

Old May 6th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Don & Lisa" wrote in message

On Thurs. I read a post where someone's Vet.
sent a donation in their kitties name. Sorry, I
can't remember who this was. Anyway, I have
never heard of this and thought it was great. Well,
on Fri. I received a notice that my Vet. sent in
a donation to the Tex. Vet. Medical Foundation
in Krystals name. Krystal was a stray that showed
up a few years ago. I live in the country and I have
a neon sign that alerts all ferals and strays that I
am a sucker. LOL. I trap them and have them altered.
Well, Krystal ended up having a brain tumor and I had
her put down. Now I need your opinion, do I send a
thank you note to my Vet.? Should I just wait until I
have to take one of my menagerie back and thank him then?

Do you feel it warrants a "thankyou"? If so, you might be more comfortable
just giving them a call and thanking them for their thoughtfulness.

Donations to charity in a deceased person or furperson's name is a sweet
gesture, and donations to vetinary research are definately a Good Thing.
The vet may well be doing it out of the kindness of his or her heart,
however such gestures are financially astute because they encourage repeat
business. Whether it was done for purely altruistic reasons or a clever
business decision (or indeed, both), the money he or she donated didn't come
out of nowhere (and no doubt is tax deducatable). Whether wholly or partly,
you supplied the money that was donated because you (and the other
customers) are the source of the vet's income. The donation was wholly or
partly rolled into your bill.

However, if you feel it was 'above and beyond' the normal service you'd
expect from a vet, and something you'd like to encourage, make sure you let
them know how much you appreciated it.

Yowie

Old May 7th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Don & Lisa" wrote in message

[...]

Thinking like an accountant here, unless the vet charges more than other
vets for his services, the donation really can't be considered to be rolled
into your bill.

On the other hand, when I was working I always deducted things like this as
advertising and promotion rather than charitable donation. If his motives
were purely charitable, there would be no need to notify anyone.

Jo

Old May 7th 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On May 6, 10:30 am, "Don & Lisa" wrote:
On Thurs. I read a post where someone's Vet. sent a donation in their
kitties name. Sorry, I can't remember who this was. Anyway, I have never
heard of this and thought it was great. Well, on Fri. I received a notice
that my Vet. sent in a donation to the Tex. Vet. Medical Foundation in
Krystals name. Krystal was a stray that showed up a few years ago. I live in
the country and I have a neon sign that alerts all ferals and strays that I
am a sucker. LOL. I trap them and have them altered. Well, Krystal ended up
having a brain tumor and I had her put down. Now I need your opinion, do I
send a thank you note to my Vet.? Should I just wait until I have to take
one of my menagerie back and thank him then?

Head butts, Lisa.

I'd send a thank-you. If you appreciate any special care given by
staff members, etc., I'd tell them that, too.
It only takes a second and 37 cents (well, for a few days longer!!). I
think when people know they're appreciated,
(yes, even medical professionals)..they tend to go the extra mile for
you the next time.
I also think it's a "must" to cultivate a friendly, closer
relationship with the vet. That really pays off too. They
know how special the cats are to me and will spend time on the phone
when I need advice.
(of course, they might do that *anyway*...

Sherry

Old May 7th 07, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

I'd send a thank-you. If you appreciate any special care given by
staff members, etc., I'd tell them that, too.
It only takes a second and 37 cents (well, for a few days longer!!).

LOL, you're already behind - it's now 39 cents, and is going up again,
to $.41 I think. I'm glad I went to auto deductions for all my bills!

Joyce
Old May 7th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

I think a thank-you note would be very nice (and you could also mention it when you see the vet "in person"). That was a very thoughtful gesture and deserves to be acknowledged.

MaryL

Thing in a bag cybercat Cat health & behaviour 4 October 2nd 05 04:08 AM
One Thing is For Sure whitershadeofpale Cat health & behaviour 1 July 15th 05 06:14 AM
Thing in a Bag CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 April 3rd 05 02:07 AM
if it's not one thing, it's another J1Boss Cat health & behaviour 14 June 4th 04 08:08 PM