Biggist (healthy) house cat?

Old September 18th 03, 04:22 AM
Sherry

In article , Sherry
wrote:

My biggest one was Cherokee, who weighed 26 lbs at his heaviest. He was
actually very healthy, and lived to be 17. Here's a pic:
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokeesherry.jpg

What a great picture! My Kelson is also very large -- between 25 and
28 pounds, depending on the scale. He is overweight, but the vet and I
agree that a normal weight for him would be well over 20 pounds,
probably 22-ish, so he's not THAT overweight. Like others in this
thread, he's of unknown parentage, but most likely Maine Coon. A few
pics he

What a grand cat! He is gorgeous. He's built a lot like Cherokee was. Cherokee
was a mixed breed longhair and didn't really have the Maine Coon look too much.
But your cat really does. The other pic I posted of my daughter's cat is a
Maine Coon.

Sherry
Old September 18th 03, 04:24 AM
Sherry

What gorgeous cats.

I have a female maine coon but she is still on the small side but is slowly
getting bigger.

I've heard it takes a Maine Coon two years to reach it's full size. I've never
been much for purebreds, but I have to admit he really is a gentle giant. Such
a sweet cat. Just a big old baby, really.

Sherry

Old September 21st 03, 08:46 PM

"Sherry " wrote in message
My biggest one was Cherokee, who weighed 26 lbs at his heaviest. He was
actually very healthy, and lived to be 17. Here's a pic:
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/cherokeesherry.jpg

Also, my grandcat is around 20 lbs., but he has a larger frame and is

slimmer
than Cherokee was. Here's a couple of pics:
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/jamieorion.jpg
http://members.aol.com/sriddles/o.jpg

Sherry

Sherry - what beautiful big cats! Wow....:-)
Kathy K.

Old September 23rd 03, 08:18 AM
Emily W

i work in a vet and we once had a 26 lbs cat come in...it must be indoor
because he could barley move because of his weight...also a cats weight
depends on his bone structure...i have 2 Domestic Shorthair Orange
Cats...they are brothers and 15 months old. One is 11 pounds and the
other is barley 9 pounds

eMiLy HeArTs LeJuAn!=A1!=A1!