Cat Pregnancy Questions?

Old August 16th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Charlie Wilkes

Default Cat Pregnancy Questions?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:52:55 -0400, Upscale wrote:

"cindys" wrote in message
least bit quick or painless. Suffocating and having one's lungs fill up

with
water would IMO be the worst death imaginable. It would be a horrible
way for the kitten to die.

Possibly. But, balance the few seconds it would take to become
unconscious against the hours the kitten was in agony while someone was
looking for a vet to euthanize the kitten. Reverse the roles and I know
which method I'd prefer to die.

Why do you think the U.S. gov't uses simulated drowning to extract
information from prisoners? Answer -- because it works. And why does it
work? Answer -- because it's painful and terrifying.

Charlie

Old August 16th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Dan Espen

"cindys" wrote in message
least bit quick or painless. Suffocating and having one's lungs fill up

with
water would IMO be the worst death imaginable. It would be a horrible
way for the kitten to die.

Possibly. But, balance the few seconds it would take to become
unconscious against the hours the kitten was in agony while someone was
looking for a vet to euthanize the kitten. Reverse the roles and I know
which method I'd prefer to die.

Why do you think the U.S. gov't uses simulated drowning to extract
information from prisoners? Answer -- because it works. And why does it
work? Answer -- because it's painful and terrifying.

Can't see how water boarding could that be painful.
Prisoner holds his breath, if he inhales, they have a problem.
I don't believe they want that.

It's scary thats for sure and I'm not a torture advocate.

I like to swim as far as I can under water,
as you run out of air, panic sets in.

In the cat's case, sure the cat is scared.
It's going to inhale sooner or later but I don't
believe the water in the lungs is all that painful.
Yes, I've breathed in water, it hurts but it's not the
worst pain I've ever had.
It's just water. By the time it inhales it's going to
be light headed anyway. Death follows soon after.

No I don't want to try it.

When you have a cat with it's guts hanging out,
what's more painful, the trip to the vet or
5 minutes under water?

I thought it was common practice to put down dogs
thru suffocation?

Nasty subject anyway...
Old August 16th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:30:48 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

When you have a cat with it's guts hanging out, what's more painful, the
trip to the vet or 5 minutes under water?

I don't know. If I had to euthenize a cat without drugs, my first choice
would be to shoot it in the back of the head, using a rifle or handgun,
and my second choice would be to strangle it with a cord.

Charlie
Old August 16th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Professor

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:52:55 -0400, Upscale wrote:
Why do you think the U.S. gov't uses simulated drowning to extract
information from prisoners? Answer -- because it works. And why does it
work? Answer -- because it's painful and terrifying.

Charlie

The government currently uses tactics which violate the Geneva convention
because we have a despicable worm as President who has brought shame on the
office and on the nation as a whole. If anyone should be tortured it is
Bush, but lets not stray off the subject of cats.

Old August 16th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Wendy

"Upscale" wrote in message

"cindys" wrote in message
least bit quick or painless. Suffocating and having one's lungs fill up

with
water would IMO be the worst death imaginable. It would be a horrible
way
for the kitten to die.

Possibly. But, balance the few seconds it would take to become unconscious
against the hours the kitten was in agony while someone was looking for a
vet to euthanize the kitten. Reverse the roles and I know which method I'd
prefer to die.

It wasn't hours. The SPCA was close by as was the vet who did euthanize.

Old August 16th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

"Professor" wrote in message
"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:52:55 -0400, Upscale wrote:
Why do you think the U.S. gov't uses simulated drowning to extract
information from prisoners? Answer -- because it works. And why does it
work? Answer -- because it's painful and terrifying.

Charlie

The government currently uses tactics which violate the Geneva convention
because we have a despicable worm as President who has brought shame on
the office and on the nation as a whole. If anyone should be tortured it
is Bush, but lets not stray off the subject of cats.

Errr.....The government was doing things like that long before Bush, but if
you must Bush-bash, then be my guest. (It's not like you're alone....:^)

Old August 16th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Sheelagh >o

On 16 Aug, 21:53, "Wendy" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message

"cindys" wrote in message
least bit quick or painless. Suffocating and having one's lungs fill up

with
water would IMO be the worst death imaginable. It would be a horrible
way
for the kitten to die.

Possibly. But, balance the few seconds it would take to become unconscious
against the hours the kitten was in agony while someone was looking for a
vet to euthanize the kitten. Reverse the roles and I know which method I'd
prefer to die.

It wasn't hours. The SPCA was close by as was the vet who did euthanize.

It wasn't hours. The SPCA was close by as was the vet who did euthanize.

I "know" that you did the right thing by that kitten Wendy, & so does
every other person who knows you on here. I find it very tacky that
others feel the need to pick over the fact that you did what was best
@ that time for the kitten concerned.

You have spent a long time helping kittens, cats & all manner of
rescues for several years, & during that time, you have saved untold
amount of cats, pregnant Queens & their litters, because of others
thoughtless attitudes towards spaying & neutering their own cats. It's
sad that someone feels that they have the right to come along & nit
pick about what you did for that one kitten, without recognising the
years that you have spent devoting your life towards saving cats &
homing the most needy ( & yes, that includes me whilst I continued to
breed cats too!!)

If I can see this, then so can they too- I feel/ think this is
selective & downright inventive. No hours, were mentioned @ all in
your passage! Some are selectively choosing to see what they want to,
rather than the facts in front of them.

I say well done to you for doing what you could @ the time. It was no
easy task & I'm certain that you found no happiness in what you had to
do to put the poor mite out of it's misery. You should be thanked for
what you had to do, not criticised.

All I can see here is speculation, about what they "might/ or should"
have done.
I only agree with one of them, & only then if I had no other choice.
Lets thank the powers that be that they were not faced with your
agonising choices, & the poor mite wasn't in their care @ the time.
You did what you had to in as short as time as was reasonably
possible. You have my utter respect, it was no easy thing to have to
handle, & I am so sorry that you were faced with that situation. It
was a terrible position to find yourself in.
Best Wishes,
Sheelagh"o"

Old August 16th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 16 Aug, 21:53, "Wendy" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message

"cindys" wrote in message
[...]

This is always the hardest decision for someone to make....Our desire to
wait and see if the cat recovers is so great, that it is very hard to, "give
it up" and decide to put it down.....At such times, it is usually best to go
with the veterinarians decision, because they don't have the emotional
involvement that you are burdened with......

Old August 17th 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
cindys

"Sheelagh o" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 16 Aug, 21:53, "Wendy" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message

"cindys" wrote in message
[...]

----------
For the record, I hope my remarks were not taken to be a criticism of Wendy.
They were not intended to be, and I would have done the same thing as she
did in her shoes. When my husband put the baby bird out of its misery, it
was only because the vet's office was already closed, and we didn't want the
bird to suffer late into the night only to have to die on its own. Even
though death (using the hoe) was nearly instantaneous, my husband said it
was a horrible experience, and he would never want to repeat it.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old August 17th 07, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 01:45:11 -0400, cindys wrote:

For the record, I hope my remarks were not taken to be a criticism of
Wendy. They were not intended to be, and I would have done the same
thing as she did in her shoes. When my husband put the baby bird out of
its misery, it was only because the vet's office was already closed, and
we didn't want the bird to suffer late into the night only to have to
die on its own. Even though death (using the hoe) was nearly
instantaneous, my husband said it was a horrible experience, and he
would never want to repeat it. Best regards,
---Cindy S.

I live on an island where the vet is either a boat ride or a plane ride
away, and there have been a couple of times when I have had to put
animals down. Strangulation (for birds) or a bullet (for larger animals)
are quick and painless for the animal. What your husband did with the
hoe was also a humane technique.

Drowning is a chicken**** way to get rid of cats. People do it out
here. One time I was at a marina, and I saw a couple of guys walking
down the dock with a cat in a carrier. It was a nice looking cat. I
figured it was their pet and they were getting aboard a boat. I went
into town and did my errands, and when I got back, I tossed something in
the dumpster and there was the soaked body of this poor animal. If I'd
known what those assholes were up to, I'd have offered to take the cat.

Charlie

Cat pregnancy worries Jimmyness Cat health & behaviour 7 January 5th 06 02:19 AM
complications in cat pregnancy Nancy via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 4 March 10th 05 11:51 PM
signs of pregnancy Just Me Cats - misc 2 April 13th 04 02:15 PM
Vet not detecting pregnancy Marion Cat health & behaviour 36 March 28th 04 01:19 AM
Pregnancy and Heat *~*SooZy*~* Cats - misc 5 July 25th 03 09:17 PM