mother cats sharing parenting!

Old April 1st 12, 08:04 PM
littlebit littlebit is offline
Junior Member

Default mother cats sharing parenting!

I have two mother cats who just gave birth and believe it or not they are sharing the nursing. One cat had three kittens and the other had two. The second one to give birth couldn't wait till she had her own and started stealing the first one's babies. Once she had her own, though they found a place under a cot in my living room where they are happily sharing the litters. Has anyone heard of this before?
Old April 2nd 12, 09:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

littlebit wrote:
I have two mother cats who just gave birth and believe it or not they
are sharing the nursing. One cat had three kittens and the other had
two. The second one to give birth couldn't wait till she had her own
and started stealing the first one's babies. Once she had her own,
though they found a place under a cot in my living room where they are
happily sharing the litters. Has anyone heard of this before?

Yes. Animals are very endearing. That's why I love them.Did you see that
clip on You Tube where the owl and the cat are buddies and played at chasing
each other? Or the one a couple of years ago where the dog and the polar
bear were buddies and played together. These are wild carnivores who usually
eat each other, but they are capable of forming friendships. A month after
my cat died, a strange dog from down the block came looking for him. He
sniffed his way down the block and came in my house, and looked all over for
B-K. Then when he couldn't find him, he lay down on B-K's favorite mat and
put his head between his front feet for about ten minutes, and then got up
and went back down the block.

Sharing... Marina Cat anecdotes 9 April 22nd 08 10:11 PM
Thanks for sharing [email protected] Cat anecdotes 11 August 21st 06 04:24 AM
Parenting and pets Caroline S. Cat anecdotes 2 February 17th 06 02:12 AM
Mother Theresa of Cats (on four legs) Doug Turner Cat anecdotes 5 September 11th 05 02:43 AM
need a little more Cat Parenting advice... Tiger Girl Cats - misc 2 September 22nd 04 02:54 PM