Teeth/Bad Breath Question

Old September 3rd 05, 01:11 PM
Cow

Default Teeth/Bad Breath Question

I haven't used this email address for over a year because of how my
questions returned passive-aggressive humiliation in spades from
someone who's an empress on this group. (I therefore request that
anyone who cares to responds does so only to my Yahoo email address,
and that no one with the email address that starts with "Mary," "Rose,"
or anyone calling herself after a character in It's a Wonderful Life,
answers.)

Please forgive this odd opening, but you have no idea how my heart's
beating remembering how this woman (I assume it's a woman) treated me
here last autumn.

Two veterinarians I have dealt with by phone regarding my aging former
feral have agreed it *may* be impossible to treat her with any success.
I have paid phone consult fees and would gladly take her in to a vet's
office to be treated if I could catch her without getting my carotid
arteries and eyes scratched out. The two veterinarians--one a barn vet
extremely beloved in my area, another a young woman--suggested I "let
(Unnamed Cat) live out her life and just keep doing as much as I can
for her, since she is untameable."

However, my situation seems odd insofar as this little angel will
actually sleep in bed with me and will let me spend two hours a day
grooming her but won't let me hold her. Her breath is so bad that I'll
have to quarantine my bedroom this winter if I don't get a handle on
her tooth situation.

"Tooth situation" itself is an irony; she has few remaining teeth.
(She's at least 15, probably 16.) Anyway, I watched Mark Morrone grab
his cat's head last week on "Petkeeping," and he brushed this
(no-doubt) very tame cat's teeth even though she put up quite a fuss.
There's nothing I wouldn't do to be able to help my cat--and me--by
brushing her teeth.

The first thing, though, is being able to hold her. A very young girl
who works at a medical center where I've been taking an elderly parent
talked at length about "You Can Learn to Hold ANY Cat," and said her
sister had a surefire way of (I suppose) basically disabling the cat in
a humane way in order to either give it medicine or brush its teeth.

If anyone can point me to a site, book, video, DVD--anything--that
basically teaches old cats new tricks, I would be incredibly grateful
to hear from you.

I will not read this group because of my reaction to the member I
alluded to above and because of other regulars' toleration (which I
consider fear) of this sad sad person. If you care about helping a cat
owner with an old cat who just wants some advice--with no politics,
lectures on mental health, or other offensive and off-topic
histrionics--thank you in advance for contacting me at the above
address.

If the above person changes or masks her identity in order to harrass
me through email, believe me--BELIEVE ME--this time I will stop at
nothing to get Yahoo and my new teenage boy geek pals to find out her
full identity and press whatever charges I can against her. The damage
and heartache she caused me last autumn has lasted and has not gone
away; and if I knew of any other group where to ask this question and
get honest answers, I would.

I say this because I've flown under the radar and used alternative
email names here in the past year...all to avoid a cruel, mean-spirited
woman (?) whose treatment of posters makes it clear that at bottom, she
could care less about cats or humans.

Thank you.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:09 PM
Bet You Missed Me!

"Cow" wrote in message
oups.com...
I haven't used this email address for over a year because of how my
questions returned passive-aggressive humiliation in spades from
someone who's an empress on this group.

Did you have an emotional crisis?

Old September 3rd 05, 02:16 PM
Drew

"Cow" wrote :

I will not read this group because of my reaction to the member I
alluded to above and because of other regulars' toleration (which I
consider fear) of this sad sad person. If you care about helping a cat
owner with an old cat who just wants some advice--with no politics,
lectures on mental health, or other offensive and off-topic
histrionics--thank you in advance for contacting me at the above
address.

And for everyone who wants to see how Mary brutalized poor
Dorrie, see below:

http://tinyurl.com/7hf7c

Old September 3rd 05, 02:21 PM
Drew

"Cow" wrote :

If the above person changes or masks her identity in order to harrass
me through email, believe me--BELIEVE ME--this time I will stop at
nothing to get Yahoo and my new teenage boy geek pals to find out her
full identity and press whatever charges I can against her. The damage
and heartache she caused me last autumn has lasted and has not gone
away; and if I knew of any other group where to ask this question and
get honest answers, I would.

Did she email you? I don't think she did. I think she participated
in Usenet, which is an open discussion forum.

And do you know how unwise it is for you to make this kind of threat,
Dorrie? Did you think you might like to jump on the coward's
bandwagon? Would you like to learn how unwise it is to make
threats like this against those who are merely participating in a free
and open forum?

Usenet is a free and unmoderated discussion and therefore can be rough.
It is particularly rough for half-witted, simpering people like you who were
born to play the victim. If you can't take it, then back away from the
computer.

And expect that there are people who will flame you when you
want to euthanize a cat because she has become inconvenient.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:53 PM
Marilyn

"Drew" wrote in message

"Cow" wrote :

I will not read this group because of my reaction to the member I
alluded to above and because of other regulars' toleration (which I
consider fear) of this sad sad person. If you care about helping a cat
owner with an old cat who just wants some advice--with no politics,
lectures on mental health, or other offensive and off-topic
histrionics--thank you in advance for contacting me at the above
address.

And for everyone who wants to see how Mary brutalized poor
Dorrie, see below:

http://tinyurl.com/7hf7c

Actually Dorrie is the cat this woman abused. And she is talking mostly
about Megan (zuzu) but she thinks Megan and Mary are the same person
posting under different names. Which is pretty funny because of course
Mary did not start doing that until people like this woman began harassing
her in real life. Very amusing.

Old September 3rd 05, 03:05 PM
Drew

"Cow" wrote:

[...]

Right. So once again, you will do "anything" but spend a buck taking a
cat to the vet. Is this the same cat whose misery you were describing
the last time you were here? The one you whose pain you loved to
describe but would not take steps to alleviate?

The first thing, though, is being able to hold her. A very young girl
who works at a medical center where I've been taking an elderly parent
talked at length about "You Can Learn to Hold ANY Cat," and said her
sister had a surefire way of (I suppose) basically disabling the cat in
a humane way in order to either give it medicine or brush its teeth.

Okay, so let me get this straight. You have resigned yourself that the
cat cannot be caught, placed in a carrier, and taken to the vet, but you
do believe that you can learn to hold her and brush her teeth. This "feral"
who
sleeps in your bed.

Once again, you are full of ****. How stupid do you think people are?
Dont HAVE cats if you cannot take care of them. What is hard to
understand about that?

Here is the really sick thing. It is her breath, and your reaction to it,
that is what is bothering you. In your post last fall, you wanted to
put Dorrie down because she was developing the "smells of an old
cat." You talked about how you had worked in a nursing home
and how disgusting the "smells" were.

If your cat's breath smells that bad she needs to see a vet. You
cannot brush away the decay that is causing her bad breath--
or the pain she must be in. But it is not the pain that you care
about, it is the offensive smell.

You are one sick piece of ****.

You will once again argue that you do not have the money, just
as you argued that you did not have the money to get Dorrie vet
care, though you were able to find the money to buy a new
computer.

What I cannot believe is that you have the nerve to post here under
this email address, and post the same disgusting ****.

Do them a favor, and turn you cats over to a no kill shelter.
And, once again, stop playing the victim. You are a horrible
person who does not give a damn about the cat(s) in your
care, and anyone who cares about animals can see that.