Blanket Purrs 10/20/2009

Old October 20th 09, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Blanket Purrs 10/20/2009

I've been very busy since my SO arrived. He's been helping me out with a
number of things around the house I simply couldn't tackle by myself, such
as moving a large dresser from my guest room into the master and moving the
smaller one I'd brought with me to the guest room. He also put my lawn
mower together. He's a peach! Purrs to all who need them, furry or
otherwise.

Jill

Old October 21st 09, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
snuffy

On Oct 20, 7:54*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
I've been very busy since my SO arrived. *He's been helping me out with a
number of things around the house I simply couldn't tackle by myself, such
as moving a large dresser from my guest room into the master and moving the
smaller one I'd brought with me to the guest room. *He also put my lawn
mower together. *He's a peach! *Purrs to all who need them, furry or
otherwise.

Jill

Darn. How did you get your cat to do all that? I dropped a bit of
catfood on the kitchen floor yesterday and before I could get a sponge
he had cleaned it up. He also chases away squirrels but draws the
line at raccoons (I hope). But he couldnt assemble a lawn mower cause
he couldnt focus that long and he has no fingers. As to moving
furniture, does your cat use pulleys?
Old October 21st 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

snuffy wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote:

I've been very busy since my SO arrived. ?He's been helping me out with a
number of things around the house I simply couldn't tackle by myself, such
as moving a large dresser from my guest room into the master and moving the
smaller one I'd brought with me to the guest room. ?He also put my lawn
mower together. ?He's a peach! ?Purrs to all who need them, furry or
otherwise.

Darn...

[snip troll commentary]

Eye roll

Joyce

--
"No." -- Rosa Parks
Old October 21st 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote in message
snuffy wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote:

I've been very busy since my SO arrived. ?He's been helping me out with
number of things around the house I simply couldn't tackle by myself,
such
as moving a large dresser from my guest room into the master and moving
the
smaller one I'd brought with me to the guest room. ?He also put my lawn
mower together. ?He's a peach! ?Purrs to all who need them, furry or
otherwise.

Darn...

[snip troll commentary]

Eye roll

Joyce

That's an interesting reaction. I thought it was amusing.

Joy

Old October 21st 09, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

wrote in message
snuffy wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote:

I've been very busy since my SO arrived. ?He's been helping me out with
number of things around the house I simply couldn't tackle by myself,
such
as moving a large dresser from my guest room into the master and moving
the
smaller one I'd brought with me to the guest room. ?He also put my lawn
mower together. ?He's a peach! ?Purrs to all who need them, furry or
otherwise.

Darn...

[snip troll commentary]

Eye roll

Joyce

That's an interesting reaction. I thought it was amusing.

I guess I could be wrong, but it sounded like a put-down to me.

Joyce

--
In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. -- Jose Narosky
Old October 22nd 09, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Oct 20, 11:37 pm, wrote:
Joy wrote:
wrote in message

... snuffy wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote:

[...]

After minimal research, I believe this is some food crony of Jill
from another culinary ng. (gentle nudge to Joyce) but if you
comment no trolls you are giving them what they want.
Crony also active in cat ng's.
hopitus
"Why not" - Anna Nicole S ROFL.

Since I have no idea who "snuffy" is, thank you for snipping the post.
Trolls have no idea how ****ing boring they are.

Jill

Old October 23rd 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Oct 22, 1:24 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

On Oct 20, 11:37 pm, wrote:

Joy wrote:
wrote in message

... snuffy wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote:

[...]

You're welcome. I know you dunno that poster but you and one other I
know (who is way outa town) who are regs to that cooking ng.Never
realized there are trolls in the food ng's till the demise of Hawaiin
name
started with K and the emergence of her *widower* who entertained us
awhile here.

Yeah, TFM. He was around for a while after her death but he's pretty much
disappeared these days. Maybe he's back to hanging out in alt.barbeque or
whatever it is. I don't get binary groups so I don't know, nor do I much
care.

I am glad you are having a good time and also getting strong-arm help
with heavy duty household needs. Hoping Persia stays outa the way
of moving large furniture. BTW, do *you* think she is perhaps either
a Russian Blue or partly? She sure looks like one. Those Korats have
very green eyes so I nixed that possibility.The Korats I've seen were
also
pretty skinny breeds. But expensive.

Persia stayed out of the way, yep. We were hauling stuff out to the garage
for the pending Salvation Army pickup, too. She just stayed on the
sidelines, wondering at all the goings on *I* think she's a Russian
Blue, although she's not sleek and petite like Miranda. (Even Marina thinks
she's a Blue, despite her size.) She even has the subtle black rings around
her tail like a Blue. Her first vet guessed she's half Blue, half Siamese.
(Of course all anyone can do is guess.) Whatever the genetics, the Blue is
dominant, that's for sure

Jill

Old October 23rd 09, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jmcquown wrote:

Persia stayed out of the way, yep. We were hauling stuff out to the
garage for the pending Salvation Army pickup, too. She just stayed on
the sidelines, wondering at all the goings on *I* think she's a
Russian Blue, although she's not sleek and petite like Miranda. (Even
Marina thinks she's a Blue, despite her size.) She even has the subtle
black rings around her tail like a Blue. Her first vet guessed she's
half Blue, half Siamese. (Of course all anyone can do is guess.)
Whatever the genetics, the Blue is dominant, that's for sure

Miranda may be petite and skinny, but her brother, her mother, and her
half-uncle are all pretty chunky RBs. I'm pretty sure Persia must be
mostly RB (sorry about the abbreviation!), especially with the faint
rings around her tail.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old October 23rd 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

And those rings aren't actually very faint. Catch Persia in the right light
and they are black rings, very visible.

Jill

Offering Blanket Purrs 8/5/2009 jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 August 5th 09 02:31 PM
Blanket Purrs Again 6/11/2009 jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 June 14th 09 09:47 PM
Blanket Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 February 19th 07 04:56 PM
Blanket Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 April 13th 06 07:45 AM
Blanket Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 September 7th 05 02:45 PM