Lorelei surprised me today...

Old December 7th 10, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default Lorelei surprised me today...

"ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)" wrote in message

Today I had to walk to the mail box to mail some bills, so I had to put
on my heavy winter boots: there is a foot of snow on the ground, and the
sidewalks are dangerously slippery from packed snow and ice.

Lorelei was on my bed, as usual. I gave her some petting and scritches,
like I always do.

When I sat on the edge of my bed to take off my shoes, and put on my
winter boots, Lorelei made a beeline for my lap, and curled right up, as
if she had been doing it for years!

So apparently, Lorelei knows how to be a lap kitty...at the right time
and place, of course.

Every night for the past few weeks, Lorelei has watched me sit on the
edge of my bed, and take my shoes off, before I go to bed.

I tried to coax her into my lap a little while ago, and Lorelei wasn't
interested.

But, she knows what laps are for: they are so kitties get even more
petting and scritches!

----

This is *such* good news!! I have the feeling that Lorelei will climb right
into your heart very soon!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old December 7th 10, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Joy" wrote:
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
I tried to coax her into my lap a little while ago, and Lorelei wasn't
interested.

But, she knows what laps are for: they are so kitties get even more
petting and scritches!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

She's a cat! It had to be her idea. Almost every cat I've ever had has
jumped into my lap at least occasionally. I don't think one of them ever
stayed if I tried picking them up.

I just tried this experiment, and picked up Buster and planted him on
my lap. I thought he might stay, because he's more the lap cat of the
two. But he hopped away to bat at a piece of paper. I think he
actually wants me to play with him right now. He usually gets on my
lap when he's sleepy and he wants to nap.

Next, I picked up Dot and planted her on my lap. After some finger
licks and upside-down looks, she settled down on a meatloaf, and is
still lounging here as I type. If I type too much though, she'll
probably hop off and try to guide me to where I keep the treats.

Betty, of course, would never voluntarily leave a lap.
Old December 8th 10, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

There you go, the birth of a lap fungus - just what you wanted and much,
*MUCH* more quickly than I would have thought.

Con-cat-ulations!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old December 8th 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
snuffy

That is such a sweet story. I must say you deserved it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^ * *

Old December 8th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

That was good news to read... I hope that she will spend more time on
your lap...

Old December 8th 10, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 21:08:13 -0600, (pat
Chlebowski) wrote:

That was good news to read... I hope that she will spend more time on
your lap...

Me too!
Old December 8th 10, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 08/12/2010 01:27, Takayuki wrote:
wrote:
She's a cat! It had to be her idea. Almost every cat I've ever had has
jumped into my lap at least occasionally. I don't think one of them ever
stayed if I tried picking them up.

I just tried this experiment, and picked up Buster and planted him on
my lap. I thought he might stay, because he's more the lap cat of the
two. But he hopped away to bat at a piece of paper. I think he
actually wants me to play with him right now. He usually gets on my
lap when he's sleepy and he wants to nap.

Next, I picked up Dot and planted her on my lap. After some finger
licks and upside-down looks, she settled down on a meatloaf, and is
still lounging here as I type. If I type too much though, she'll
probably hop off and try to guide me to where I keep the treats.

Betty, of course, would never voluntarily leave a lap.

I should change Miranda's name to Little Miss Contrary, because the only
way she will sleep on my arm is if I lift her up, and that can only
happen under very specific circumstances. She has to be on my easy chair
asking for spankies, and after spanking her for a while I can pick her
up, and then and only then will she stay in my arms and maybe even go to
sleep, but only about one time out of ten. Long gone are the days of her
kittenhood when she would frequently come and ask to be picked up and
spend lots of time on my arm.

Caliban takes a nap on my arm several times a day. He comes up himself,
and sometimes I pick him up and he stays. They're like night and day in
every way, yet they're the best of friends. Opposites attract.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.