Lorelei surprised me today...

Old December 7th 10, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

Default Lorelei surprised me today...

Today I had to walk to the mail box to mail some bills, so I had to put
on my heavy winter boots: there is a foot of snow on the ground, and the
sidewalks are dangerously slippery from packed snow and ice.

Lorelei was on my bed, as usual. I gave her some petting and scritches,
like I always do.

When I sat on the edge of my bed to take off my shoes, and put on my
winter boots, Lorelei made a beeline for my lap, and curled right up, as
if she had been doing it for years!

So apparently, Lorelei knows how to be a lap kitty...at the right time
and place, of course.

Every night for the past few weeks, Lorelei has watched me sit on the
edge of my bed, and take my shoes off, before I go to bed.

I tried to coax her into my lap a little while ago, and Lorelei wasn't
interested.

But, she knows what laps are for: they are so kitties get even more
petting and scritches!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein
Old December 7th 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
Today I had to walk to the mail box to mail some bills, so I
had to put
on my heavy winter boots: there is a foot of snow on the
ground, and the
sidewalks are dangerously slippery from packed snow and ice.

Lorelei was on my bed, as usual. I gave her some petting and
scritches,
like I always do.

When I sat on the edge of my bed to take off my shoes, and put
on my
winter boots, Lorelei made a beeline for my lap, and curled
right up, as
if she had been doing it for years!

So apparently, Lorelei knows how to be a lap kitty...at the
right time
and place, of course.

She *knows* she's found her onetrueforever (TM) home :-)

--
MatSav

Old December 7th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

She's a cat! It had to be her idea. Almost every cat I've ever had has
jumped into my lap at least occasionally. I don't think one of them ever
stayed if I tried picking them up.

Joy

Old December 7th 10, 06:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gandalf wrote:

[...]

And she knows the most inconvenient moment to jump in your lap - when
you were about to put on boots and go outside.

--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
Old December 7th 10, 10:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^ * *

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Rusty (RB) would jump on my lap when I least expected it.
But there were times when I asked him to get on my lap,
he would look at me and walked away.
Must admit there were also times when he would comply
with my requests.
I just didn't know what to expect.
Old December 7th 10, 10:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 7, 5:03*am, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
, Lorelei made a beeline for my lap, and curled right up, as
if she had been doing it for years!

She's coming round- great news!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 7th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

When I sat on the edge of my bed to take off my shoes, and put on my
winter boots, Lorelei made a beeline for my lap, and curled right up, as
if she had been doing it for years!

So apparently, Lorelei knows how to be a lap kitty...at the right time
and place, of course.

Every night for the past few weeks, Lorelei has watched me sit on the
edge of my bed, and take my shoes off, before I go to bed.

I tried to coax her into my lap a little while ago, and Lorelei wasn't
interested.

But, she knows what laps are for: they are so kitties get even more
petting and scritches!

How wonderful So glad she is slowly coming around.

Sharon & Smudgie

Old December 7th 10, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:

When I sat on the edge of my bed to take off my shoes, and put on my
winter boots, Lorelei made a beeline for my lap, and curled right up, as
if she had been doing it for years!

She was just being protective. "Uh-oh! He's about to put on boots.
Must be planning to go out into that mess outside. Poor schmuck just
doesn't know any better, I suppose. I'll have to jump into his lap so
he can't get up off the bed....Ah, well! At least I'll get some pettins
out of it."
--

Wayne M.
Old December 7th 10, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 12/7/2010 12:03 AM, Gandalf wrote:
[...]

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old December 7th 10, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in news:4d00bfed.20347031
@news.iphouse.com:

[...]

You must have been thrilled!

Bobble