OT - A little relief

Old September 7th 11, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default OT - A little relief

Since this has been a support group lately, I need some too. I wrote
about constant pain and for some reason my lower back pain from
arthritis progressed to not being able to get out of bed and having to
hold on to things while bent over to get to the bathroom. I called the
orthopedic surgeon who did my foot surgery last year at first because i
need him to evaluate the scar tissue buildup that made that surgery not
successful IMO. But after this last week I wanted him to xray my back
again. They can't see me until Fri. So I went to Urgent Care today and
got an xray and again it comes back as arthritis. It seemed very acute
to me how the inability to get out of bed could be the progression of
this arthritis. But I got a shot of cortisone and a shot of an
antiinflammatory pain med, one in each butt cheek, some kind of NSAID. I
think the combination is starting to help but I'll know better when I go
to bed because this pain kept me up most of last night. Every move made
me groan and even cry out in pain. Getting out of bed was still so
painful I had to hold things to get to the bathroom. I got an order for
an MRI. I will get that as soon as I can schedule it. I had to have a
tooth extracted last week and bone grafts to have an implant later on.
And an eye appt today that wasn't comforting because of some changes. I
think my body is having a lot of aging issues all at once. Eye dr said
depending on his evaluation of the pictures he had done today might not
allow me to put off having the other test where they inject dye and
watch the blood go around my retina. That's next week but he might make
me do it sooner. This week is already full of tests and things, not to
mention work. Ugh.

If you read this far, thank you for listening. Could use purrs.
Old September 7th 11, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/6/2011 10:02 PM, Cheryl wrote:
[...]

I'll always be hear to "listen", as people here have been there for me.

I really hate making suggestions because most of the time they're
redundant (things a normal person would already have tried - duh), or
they're things that should be vetted by a doctor first. But, barring
that and feeling useless, have you tried moist heat on your joints (a
heating pad wrapped in a damp towel)? This is sometimes helpful if you
have osteoarthritis, but can be bad if you have RA or RSD. Plain
aspirin also helps some OA where other pain meds won't. Again, ask your
doctor before trying even a seemingly simple home remedy.

Many, many mega healing purrs are heading your way. Please keep us
updated with the results of your tests.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 7th 11, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 9/6/2011 11:17 PM, CatNipped wrote:
I'll always be hear to "listen", as people here have been there for me.

I really hate making suggestions because most of the time they're
redundant (things a normal person would already have tried - duh), or
they're things that should be vetted by a doctor first. But, barring
that and feeling useless, have you tried moist heat on your joints (a
heating pad wrapped in a damp towel)? This is sometimes helpful if you
have osteoarthritis, but can be bad if you have RA or RSD. Plain
aspirin also helps some OA where other pain meds won't. Again, ask your
doctor before trying even a seemingly simple home remedy.

Many, many mega healing purrs are heading your way. Please keep us
updated with the results of your tests.

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. You made me think of something
i read and that's that OA is possible. I had a very early menopause.
48 now and no period for 2 years and before that it was like one period
a year for 5 years prior. My mom had an early menopause and my sister
15 months younger than me has the same pattern.

Old September 7th 11, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/6/2011 10:29 PM, Cheryl wrote:
[...]

There's a very simple test now for osteoporosis or even osteopenia (I
have this milder form of osteoporosis). Going through menopause early
is certainly the main cause of this and osteoarthritis. Again, ask your
doctor about it to be sure.

Old September 7th 11, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl wrote:

[...]

Ugh! It ain't for sissies, is it? Purrs for the pains and problems to
settle down. I hope your eye is OK!

Joyce

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old September 7th 11, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 9/7/2011 12:10 AM, wrote:
Cheryl wrote:

[...]

Ugh! It ain't for sissies, is it?

Life? If so, that's basically what my eye tech said about getting older.

Purrs for the pains and problems to
settle down. I hope your eye is OK!

Thanks sweetie. I think I might be able to go to bed now.

Old September 7th 11, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
[...]

Purrs are on the way!

Joy

Old September 7th 11, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Cheryl wrote in news:4e66deb2$0$26718$a8266bb1
@newsreader.readnews.com:

[...]

I don't think our bodies were made to last more than 30 years. Poor you.
Purrrrs on the way.

Bobble
Old September 7th 11, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:02:10 -0400, Cheryl
wrote:

[...]

Yes, it does sound like purrs are in order. I'll get the furballs
working on the order immediately.