Two sides to every story

Old March 15th 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Two sides to every story

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/347013...-today_people/

Big Cat's Children To Starve To Death

A brave cougar attempted to secure food for its cubs by killing some
bitch that was living on the cougar's ancestral lands. Unfortunately,
a cowardly human, afraid to face it in a fair fight, killed it from
afar. The cubs are now likely to die of starvation while waiting in
vain for the mother to return.
Old March 15th 10, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"dgk" wrote in message
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/347013...-today_people/

Big Cat's Children To Starve To Death

A brave cougar attempted to secure food for its cubs by killing some
bitch that was living on the cougar's ancestral lands. Unfortunately,
a cowardly human, afraid to face it in a fair fight, killed it from
afar. The cubs are now likely to die of starvation while waiting in
vain for the mother to return.

I feel sad for the cubs that were orphaned and hope they can be located and
saved. However, you changed the story quite a bit. Yes, it was the
cougar's ancestral land. However, the dog threw itself between the cougar
and a little boy, probably saving the child's life. You did not mention
that when you said the "brave cougar" trying to kill "some bitch that was
living on the cougar's ancestral land." It seems that the cougar actually
had the child in mind for his lunch.

MaryL

Old March 15th 10, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"dgk" wrote in message
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/347013...-today_people/

Big Cat's Children To Starve To Death

A brave cougar attempted to secure food for its cubs by killing some
bitch that was living on the cougar's ancestral lands. Unfortunately,
a cowardly human, afraid to face it in a fair fight, killed it from
afar. The cubs are now likely to die of starvation while waiting in
vain for the mother to return.

I am sorry to see a big cat killed but man you forgot to say a lot on the
story and you made your headline a fact Two sides to every story

I did not see that the cougar was a SHE also If I am correct this is not cub
season for them due to the season.

Sorry to see the cat killed but I have experience with cougars living here
in Florida cougar aka mountain lion aka Florida panther. That cat was going
for the kid. Something also was probably wrong with it. Most of them will
not come near people unless some IDIOT that has feed wild animals removed
the fear.

As I said I hate to see them killed unnecessary but that was also someone
pet that it was killing after the pet saved the kid.
Sorry to say I would have shot it also

Old March 15th 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

Good catch. I went back and re-read the story. It does not say anything
about cubs and does not mention the gender of the cougar.

MaryL

Old March 15th 10, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:50:04 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

History is writen by the winners. We have only the boy's word that the
cougar was going for him, and indeed even believing that he could have
been mistaken and the cougar might have been going for the dog. In
fact, the dog was keeping close to the boy for protection from the
cougar.

The story didn't mention whether there were any cubs, or even if the
cougar was male or female. I made that up, maybe. We don't know the
cougar's motivation - there was no attempt made by the reporter to
investigate that aspect.
Old March 15th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 15, 2:43*pm, dgk wrote:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/347013...-today_people/

Big Cat's Children To Starve To Death

A brave cougar attempted to secure food for its cubs by killing some
bitch that was living on the cougar's ancestral lands. Unfortunately,
a cowardly human, afraid to face it in a fair fight, killed it from
afar. The cubs are now likely to die of starvation while waiting in
vain for the mother to return.

Ancestral land be damned. Come after my dog OR my kid and you are
meat. It is too bad about the cubs.

--
Will in New Haven
Old March 15th 10, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:27:42 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

Right, I answered the other post without going this far. I know they
saved a boy and his dog, I was just trying to see it from the other
side, as if a cougar was doing the reporting.
Old March 15th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 15, 3:43*pm, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:50:04 -0500, "MaryL"

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Any kid who would not kill a wild animal to protect his (or her) dog
hasn't got the loyalty to deserve to have a dog. I would kill a man
who went after my dog.

The story didn't mention whether there were any cubs, or even if the
cougar was male or female. I made that up, maybe. We don't know the
cougar's motivation - there was no attempt made by the reporter to
investigate that aspect.

So you created some propaganda. And no one here has applauded you for
it.

--
Will in New Haven
Old March 15th 10, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla \=^..^=\

"Will in New Haven"
On Mar 15, 3:43 pm, dgk
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:50:04 -0500, "MaryL"

"dgk"

[...]

Thank you Will

Old March 15th 10, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 15, 3:46*pm, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:27:42 -0500, "MaryL"

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

"dgk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I doubt that a cougar would get all puffed up about her "ancestral
land." Territory is yours while you can hold it and they take each
others' territories just as fast as they think they need them.

And they know, deep down, that the hunter comes for us all someday.

--
Will in New Haven

Sad story (TW) Lesley Cat anecdotes 11 December 15th 07 10:22 PM
Key West sides with Hemingway's six-toed cats MaryL Cat health & behaviour 1 July 9th 07 06:57 PM
cat story foo Cat health & behaviour 0 June 26th 06 02:32 PM
Cat nose is red and sides starting to open-up Alex Cat health & behaviour 4 September 28th 05 04:34 AM
RB Kitty story invite (Rocky's Story" reposted - Longish) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 15th 05 07:14 AM