2 new pics of Lorelei

Old January 28th 11, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

Default 2 new pics of Lorelei

I actually managed to get a pic of Lorelei looking out of the window.

She spends a LOT of time in her cat tree, but I rarely see her looking
out of the window: all there is to look at now is snow...and more
snow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

My camera is still giving me a LOT of trouble, but digital pictures
don't cost anything. I just delete them, and try again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein
Old January 28th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
I actually managed to get a pic of Lorelei looking out of the window.

She spends a LOT of time in her cat tree, but I rarely see her looking
out of the window: all there is to look at now is snow...and more
snow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

My camera is still giving me a LOT of trouble, but digital pictures
don't cost anything. I just delete them, and try again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

That's what I love about digital cameras. Trial and error doesn't cost
anything.

I really like the second photo.

--

Joy

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
- Carrie Fisher

Old January 29th 11, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Gandalf ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
I actually managed to get a pic of Lorelei looking out of the window.

She spends a LOT of time in her cat tree, but I rarely see her looking
out of the window: all there is to look at now is snow...and more
snow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

My camera is still giving me a LOT of trouble, but digital pictures
don't cost anything. I just delete them, and try again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

How you behave towards cats here below determines your status in
Heaven.
- Robert Heinlein

she looks very content . :-)
--
Adrian, sent from my iPod.
Old January 29th 11, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
I actually managed to get a pic of Lorelei looking out of the window.

She spends a LOT of time in her cat tree, but I rarely see her looking
out of the window: all there is to look at now is snow...and more
snow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

My camera is still giving me a LOT of trouble, but digital pictures
don't cost anything. I just delete them, and try again.

It's better than spending lots of time in the basement. She's
awfully cute. I like her dark back feet.
Old January 29th 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Joy wrote:
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
I actually managed to get a pic of Lorelei looking out of the window.

She spends a LOT of time in her cat tree, but I rarely see her looking
out of the window: all there is to look at now is snow...and more
snow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

My camera is still giving me a LOT of trouble, but digital pictures
don't cost anything. I just delete them, and try again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

That's what I love about digital cameras. Trial and error doesn't cost
anything.

I really like the second photo.

She's delightful to look at! MLB
Old January 29th 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gandalf wrote:

I actually managed to get a pic of Lorelei looking out of the window.

She spends a LOT of time in her cat tree, but I rarely see her looking
out of the window: all there is to look at now is snow...and more
snow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingold3...n/photostream/

My camera is still giving me a LOT of trouble, but digital pictures
don't cost anything. I just delete them, and try again.

I like the first photo - kitty silhouette against the window. Very
relaxing.

Joyce

--
audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.
Old January 29th 11, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jan 28, 2:31*pm, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:

She spends a LOT of time in her cat tree, but I rarely see her looking
out of the window: all there is to look at now is snow...and more
snow

Yep that's a lot of snow-how many feet have you had?

She's a lovely cat- is it the camera or does she look just a little
less chubby than when you got her?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 30th 11, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 08:05:17 -0800 (PST), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

On Jan 28, 2:31*pm, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:

She spends a LOT of time in her cat tree, but I rarely see her looking
out of the window: all there is to look at now is snow...and more
snow

Yep that's a lot of snow-how many feet have you had?

She's a lovely cat- is it the camera or does she look just a little
less chubby than when you got her?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

We've gotten a little less than 5 feet, so far this winter.

That's as much as an ENTIRE season...and March is traditionally the
month with the most snow, here.

I don't know if Lorelei has lost any weight. I do let her bowl of kibble
'run out' during the day, so she may be getting a little less food than
she did before I adopted her.

When she gets hungry though, she lets me know, and I do give her some
more kibble.

She's still a 'nervous kitty', so I don't want her to be really hungry
on top of still not being really comfortable with her new home.

Like most cats, she likes to eat throughout the day. Her bowl is
probably only empty for a few hours each day.

She will need to go a 'real' diet, sooner or later, as she's way too
'fluffy' for her size.

She's the biggest cat I've ever had. I estimate her weight at 15 to 16
pounds, and I would bet that for her skeleton size, she should be about
12 to 14 pounds.

But, she's still fairly young, and the extra weight isn't as bad for her
as it would be for an older cat.