What Can I Do To Help This Cat?

Old November 16th 03, 06:26 AM
MaryL

"Luvskats00" wrote in message

Also, I put
her litterbox next to the long-standing litter box and replaced the

newspapers
in her box w/non-dusty litter.

I noticed one other reference where you said you had been using newspapers?
Is there any reason why you were using newspapers and not litter? I
certainly hope she has not been declawed, but that is one of the few reasons
I can think of why shredded newspaper might be used.

MaryL

Old November 16th 03, 06:30 AM
MaryL

"Luvskats00" wrote in message

I used litter until my then 2-month old boy (now he's the 4 year old male
alpha) jumped in the box and tossed the litter out of the box each and

every
time. I changed the litter 3-4 times w/him and finally replaced it with
newspapers. He's been using the papers since then. Also, 4 of his 6

siblings
(we have kept track of them) also use only paper..not litter. Obviously,

this
little one is used to litter, so we got this non-dusty litter (little

stick
like things). We brought her to the box where she tensed up and ran

behind the
bookcase. So...(as I posted a few messages ago) I opted for the lesser

of 2
evils...keeping her on the bed, since she's sleeping & the other cat is in

the
cage, sleeping..I know half the people will say I should've put her back

in the
bathroom despite her hating it. I lose either way sigh

Whew! This answers my other question (that I just posted elsewhere ... long
thread). I was afraid she might have been declawed and that that was the
reason for the newspapers. However, concerning the problem you mentioned
(litter scattered everywhere). It might help to use a deeper litter box
that would keep the litter better contained.

MaryL

Old November 16th 03, 01:01 PM
Sherry

You are the one who is wrong; the 10/06 thread isn't mine. The address
from that post is from an Isotope, not an Iso. I have a Nospam@hotmail
attached to my account. I don't know what the "newspaper" account has
associated with it, although the poster initials the post as Iso.

Then I apologize. However, it seems a moot point since the other posts referred
were indeed yours.The point is, you do advocate hitting cats with newspapers
and other methods of control that place undue stress on the animal. Your
backtracking on the "white noise" issue is also moot. Any noise which is below
the comfortable level for a cat, isn't going to keep them from napping. And I
*did* read and understand the entire thread. Read *my* post. I fully understand
that you were suggesting locking the cats in the bathroom * with the lights
out* only after the "noise" method failed, without the radio. It's still mean.

BTW, I really don't give a crap about what you do for a living, and you
shouldn't assume to know what I do.

Sherry