Purr Request for The Duke Of URL

Old December 12th 04, 01:11 AM
Tanada

Default Purr Request for The Duke Of URL

The Duke, who used to post in here, has not been heard from since he
dropped off from here and other newsgroups in the middle of September.
I thought he lived in Florida and had been affected by the hurricanes,
but he lives in Nebraska and has been in poor health, so far as anyone
can determine. We have some really fantastic people from
alt.military.retired trying to find out if he's ok and where he is, but
the information they have gathered has been spotty at best. Worse,
we've been informed that while he was in the hospital, someone broke
into his house and stole everything of value, including his computer.
The Duke also has/had a couple of cats and no one knows the fate of them
either.

So please think kind and healthy thoughts and ask your cats to purr for
the Duke of URL and his owners.

Pam S. really worried

Old December 12th 04, 01:25 AM
Helen Wheels

Tanada wrote:

The Duke, who used to post in here, has not been heard from since he
dropped off from here and other newsgroups in the middle of September. I
thought he lived in Florida and had been affected by the hurricanes, but
he lives in Nebraska and has been in poor health, so far as anyone can
determine. We have some really fantastic people from
alt.military.retired trying to find out if he's ok and where he is, but
the information they have gathered has been spotty at best. Worse,
we've been informed that while he was in the hospital, someone broke
into his house and stole everything of value, including his computer.
The Duke also has/had a couple of cats and no one knows the fate of them
either.

So please think kind and healthy thoughts and ask your cats to purr for
the Duke of URL and his owners.

Pam S. really worried

Good thoughts on the way.
Old December 12th 04, 01:28 AM
Caroline S.

Purrs on the way.

I've also been wondering about Dave Yehudah. Anyone know how he's doing?

-Caroline S.

Old December 12th 04, 02:06 AM
Christine Burel

many purrs for Duke of URL coming from us -- if anyone has a snailmail addy
for him we could send him a card...
Christine
k.net...

Old December 12th 04, 02:35 AM
Yowie

"Tanada" wrote in message
k.net...
The Duke, who used to post in here, has not been heard from since he
dropped off from here and other newsgroups in the middle of September.
I thought he lived in Florida and had been affected by the hurricanes,
but he lives in Nebraska and has been in poor health, so far as anyone
can determine. We have some really fantastic people from
alt.military.retired trying to find out if he's ok and where he is, but
the information they have gathered has been spotty at best. Worse,
we've been informed that while he was in the hospital, someone broke
into his house and stole everything of value, including his computer.
The Duke also has/had a couple of cats and no one knows the fate of them
either.

So please think kind and healthy thoughts and ask your cats to purr for
the Duke of URL and his owners.

Much purring that he is fine and his AFK time is entirely voluntary.

I often wonder what has happened to posters that just "dissappear", and send
an occasional "hope you and your kitties are OK" purr for all those ex-RPCA
people.

Yowie

---

Old December 12th 04, 02:43 AM
CatNipped

"Tanada" wrote in message
k.net...
The Duke, who used to post in here, has not been heard from since he
dropped off from here and other newsgroups in the middle of September.
I thought he lived in Florida and had been affected by the hurricanes,
but he lives in Nebraska and has been in poor health, so far as anyone
can determine. We have some really fantastic people from
alt.military.retired trying to find out if he's ok and where he is, but
the information they have gathered has been spotty at best. Worse,
we've been informed that while he was in the hospital, someone broke
into his house and stole everything of value, including his computer.
The Duke also has/had a couple of cats and no one knows the fate of them
either.

So please think kind and healthy thoughts and ask your cats to purr for
the Duke of URL and his owners.

Pam S. really worried

Oh my, no! Mega purrs coming that he regains his health, his kitties are
OK, and he gets back on his feet!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 12th 04, 03:17 AM
badwilson

Oh no! That's terrible. Many purrs coming up.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

k.net...

Old December 12th 04, 04:22 AM

Tanada wrote:

The Duke, who used to post in here, has not been heard from since he
dropped off from here and other newsgroups in the middle of September.

Oh, wow - I wondered where he went! I hope he is OK, and his kitties,
too. (I'm having a brain fart at the moment and cannot remember their
names - anyone?)

Joyce
Old December 12th 04, 09:53 AM
Tish Silberbauer

Purrs to him. Is he the guy that got Dude and then got Sweet to keep
Dude company? If so, I was entranced by his descriptions of his
kitties and the beginning of their life with him.

Tak, are you going to take a leaf outta his book anytime soon and get
a kitty companion for Betty? Persephone, who thinks that Betty is
pretty, suggests that it is a good idea.

Tish (dropping in briefly from RL, but probably not for long)

Old December 12th 04, 04:24 PM
Adrian

Tanada wrote:
snip
So please think kind and healthy thoughts and ask your cats to purr
for the Duke of URL and his owners.

Pam S. really worried

Purrs for the Duke of URL and his owners.
--
Adrian, also worried