Horsemeat scandaL

Old February 15th 13, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Horsemeat scandaL

Well, it's a bit shocking, if we expect to eat beef, it should be beef.
It doesn't affect me as I don't eat burgers unless I make them myself.
Turkey burgers.

Old February 15th 13, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Well, it's a bit shocking, if we expect to eat beef, it should be beef.
It doesn't affect me as I don't eat burgers unless I make them myself.
Turkey burgers.

I have a grinder so I grind my own beef. No, I don't raise the cattle.
But I do trust myself to recogize a beef chuck roast when I see one.

I might expect more of the horsemeat substitution in the US if it was a
shop selling already cubed meat, aka "stew beef". I could see that
somehow passing for beef. I prefer to cut my own from recognizable cuts
of beef.

They get creative with labels sometimes. Don't label something "London
broil". It's brisket. London broil is a method for cooking it.

Jill

Old February 15th 13, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Well, it's a bit shocking, if we expect to eat beef, it should be beef.
It doesn't affect me as I don't eat burgers unless I make them myself.
Turkey burgers.

I have a grinder so I grind my own beef. No, I don't raise the cattle.
But I do trust myself to recogize a beef chuck roast when I see one.

I might expect more of the horsemeat substitution in the US if it was a
shop selling already cubed meat, aka "stew beef". I could see that
somehow passing for beef. I prefer to cut my own from recognizable cuts
of beef.

They get creative with labels sometimes. Don't label something "London
broil". It's brisket. London broil is a method for cooking it.

Jill

I don't buy Findus readymeals or any readymeals, I make all my meals from
scratch so I'm unlikely to have eaten horsemeat.
It's not about eating horsemeat, it's because we didn't know.
Most Brits would not like to eat a horse, although the French have no
problem with it.
I would never knowingly eat a horse and it's disgusting that it's found its
way here.

Although my mind says I can eat a cow, so why not a horse? my heart says
no way ever could I do that.
Thats why its so bad. Horsemeat in our food!! OMG.
I won't have eaten it.

Tweed

Old February 16th 13, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Well, it's a bit shocking, if we expect to eat beef, it should be beef.

The reason *why* there is so much horsemeat on the market is far
more shocking than anything that's happened to British people:

http://transylvanianhorseman.typepad...carts-ban.html

That is a country engaged in an all-out war against its own poor.
It's like the Highland Clearances or the depopulation of Ireland,
only on a much larger scale. They want to destroy rural cultures
going back centuries in the interests of a handful of selfish
filth who happen to own cars.

When Ceausescu demolished villages whlesale, he was demonized round
the world as a a dictatorial monster. This is very much worse, and
the regimes and media of the developed world have let the gangster
elite of Romania get on with it with no opposition at all.

Old February 16th 13, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
Well, it's a bit shocking, if we expect to eat beef, it should be beef.

The reason *why* there is so much horsemeat on the market is far
more shocking than anything that's happened to British people:

http://transylvanianhorseman.typepad...carts-ban.html

That is a country engaged in an all-out war against its own poor.
It's like the Highland Clearances or the depopulation of Ireland,
only on a much larger scale. They want to destroy rural cultures
going back centuries in the interests of a handful of selfish
filth who happen to own cars.

When Ceausescu demolished villages whlesale, he was demonized round
the world as a a dictatorial monster. This is very much worse, and
the regimes and media of the developed world have let the gangster
elite of Romania get on with it with no opposition at all.

I am familiar with the Romanian situation and I can understand why they
would try and pass horsemeat off as beef.
Either that, or try to get over here to escape. Unfortunately, they have
got themselves a really bad press here as thieves and pimps and fixing
scanners to our "hole in the wall" bank machines to steal our codes.
Yes, it does sound racist (accuse me again ;-) but we simply cannot take all
the Eastern Europeans that are flooding here - we are a small island with
limited facilities to support them.
My lovely shopkeeper, Pravin, who loves his chickens even more than I do,
nearly got robbed by Romanians.
They came into his shop and while the men were at his counter, deciding
whether or not to buy something, the women tried to go upstairs to the
apartment. Luckily his door creaked.
And that's why he told me he did not oil his door..
When he challenged the women, they said "we needed the toilet" !!
He called the police but his visitors fled before they got there.

Tweed