Dude, I'm Gettin' a Dell

Old April 15th 04, 01:33 AM
Sherry

Right, Karen! (Note to self: Try harder to keep the hick from leaking out)

That is known as "local color". You are not a "hick".

LOL, thanks Karen. You're just cuter than a speckled pup sleepin' in the
sunshine.

Sherry
Old April 15th 04, 03:25 AM
MaryL

"Sherry " wrote in message
Thing to remember, though, is that her old system sounds like it's
still running old software. For straight word processing I still
prefer Word Perfect 5.1, running out of DOS, and 32MB is more than
enough, and if most of my computer time was spent on WP now I'd
probably still be using the system I replaced last year. Since I
retired from the Army, though, WP is no longer a biggy, now it's
getting on line, playing with pictures, etc, and I love the new system
with 512MB.
--
Steve Touchstone,

First off, let me establish that I am a complete moron with respect to all
things technical. That said, I just have one more question; My humane

society
membership list is on the old computer in Microsoft Word.(from 1997, I

don't
know what version). I need it for newsletter labels and stuff. The new

computer
has Microsoft Works Suite. Does anyone know if that will work for keeping

the
list, and printing labels? Will I have to re-enter the whole list?
Sherry

Sherry,

They are not compatible. However, you should be able to open your Word
document (while still in Word) and use "save as" to save it as a Works
document. Be sure to give it a different name to avoid overwriting -- it
shouldn't be a problem because you should automatically get a different file
extension, but a new name would avoid any possible problems. If you have
any difficulty with this, I could do it for you if you want to send a copy
to me on disk. Send e-mail to me if you want to do this.

MaryL

Old April 15th 04, 03:45 AM
Marina

"Sherry " wrote
I think it means, living high on the hog. Nothing could be better. I

suppose
it relates back to if your cotton crop was doing really well, you'd have

great financial year, be well respected etc..

Karen

Right, Karen! (Note to self: Try harder to keep the hick from leaking out)

No, no, don't do that! I like learning new expressions, and this is a great
place for that, because there arer people from all over the world here. )
Anyway, there's nothing hick about it to me, it's just something I haven't
heard before.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki