Dude, I'm Gettin' a Dell

Old April 14th 04, 03:55 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:24:52 -0500, "Karen"
yodeled:

"Sherry " wrote in message
I agree with MaryL about the RAM. It's usually the one thing you wish you
had.

Karen

They aren't shipping out till the 19th. Maybe I can still call & upgrade

the
memory. I did upgrade to the full version of McAfee, and got a disk drive

(just
becuase people are always giving me pics on disk for the newsletter, it

was $20
more). I got a dual CD drive and CD burner also, that's about it that I

can
think of.
Thanks for the help, everyone, I really appreciate it.

Sherry

You could check. I bet they can. It'll be really fun and exciting for you.
I always think a new computer is fun anyway.

Karen

I love a new computer. All that RAM, all that disk space. I love
putting my stuff on it, like decorating a new home or office. I play
around with it for days. Ahhh . . .

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 14th 04, 04:30 PM
Hopitus2

Uh.....Wall Street mumbles Gateway is on life support
financially.......closing many stores.

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
: EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
: 4.79). Only thing is, when I tried to download Netscape 7.1, I
: discovered that most of the new software requires a minimum of 64MB RAM,
: and mine computer has only 32MB! (Of course, that was a lot more than I
:
: !?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ..... and I complain my laptop at work has only 256MB of
: RAM...
:
: I've been thinking about a Dell - mainly because they claim they build
: them for each individual. How do those of you who have one like it?
:
: I had a Dell laptop at work and I hated it. We had to replace the
: motherboard 3 times. I now have an IBM and love it, haven't had any
: problems. I also have a Dell desktop at work and it's ok, it runs
: Windows 2000 and hasn't blue-screened on me yet. Knock on wood.
: At home I have a Gateway (my second Gateway, actually) and couldn't be
: happier. They have awesome deals on their website too.
:
: anything - so I would be paying for a lot of fancy hardware I don't
: really need or want.
:
: Build your own at either dell.com or gateway.com, you can choose exactly
: what you want and see how much each piece will cost you. Then select the
: option that makes the most sense!
:
: --
: Victor Martinez
: Owned and operated by the Fantastic Seven (TM)
: Send your spam he
: Email me he

Old April 14th 04, 04:38 PM
Victor Martinez

Hopitus2 wrote:
Uh.....Wall Street mumbles Gateway is on life support
financially.......closing many stores.

Opening physical stores was a big mistake for an on-line retailer and
they're correcting it. I'm pretty sure their online operations are ok.
I've never had to contact their customer service or technical assistance
though.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 14th 04, 05:03 PM
Adrian

Sherry wrote:
Whoa. I'm getting a new computer for my birthday. I'm so excited.
(Even though it's just a cheapo Dell)....BUT I now have a circa 1996
Packard Bell, with Windows 95. I can't open half the websites people
post, and if I do, it takes forever (if the thing doesn't just lock
up). Forget animated things, and the sound is iffy.

All I use a computer for is internet surfing and keeping up the
little mailing list/newsletter labels for the Humane Society
newsletter, so I never could really justify buying a new one.

Does anyone know, is there any reason I should buy the upgrade and
get Windows XP Professional instead of Windows XP home?

Sherry

Congratulations on the new computer. It's probaly not worth upgrading to
proffesional, it's supposed to be more secure, but Service Pack 2 is set to
be released in June which will have among other things, security
enhancements.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 14th 04, 05:36 PM
Marina

"Sherry " wrote
(But then again, I'll think I'm in tall
cotton after using this old one so long)

This was an interesting saying I've never heard before. What exactly does it
mean?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 14th 04, 06:13 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
This was an interesting saying I've never heard before. What exactly does it
mean?

Probably that you're in trouble?

Victor, who is also unfamiliar with this expression...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he