Keep Your Cats Inside - esp.in Denver & Salt Lake City

Old July 7th 03, 12:15 AM
SongSylvan

Ask if I'm worried about my kitties--I live in Aurora, Colorado, where most of
these killings have happened. Fortunately, my two dingalings are indoor cats
only.

Magdalene
IWG #1024/Drill Sgt. of Local 35/Soiled Doves of Colorado
IFoRP # 57/First Mate of "The Flying Scotsman"
KC MasterPiece of the KCRF BBQ Wenches
One of Moonie's Naughty Kittens
Red Gemini Ghetto Smurf
To email me, remove my bodice
Old July 7th 03, 03:53 AM

SongSylvan wrote:
Ask if I'm worried about my kitties--I live in Aurora, Colorado, where most of
these killings have happened. Fortunately, my two dingalings are indoor cats
only.

Hopefully he doesn't start breaking into homes... Probably won't, probably
enough cats he can find outside.

But I have heard of a case where some noe broke into some one's house in
order to torture her cats. It's not unheard of.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old July 7th 03, 03:53 AM

SongSylvan wrote:
Ask if I'm worried about my kitties--I live in Aurora, Colorado, where most of
these killings have happened. Fortunately, my two dingalings are indoor cats
only.

Hopefully he doesn't start breaking into homes... Probably won't, probably
enough cats he can find outside.

But I have heard of a case where some noe broke into some one's house in
order to torture her cats. It's not unheard of.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old July 7th 03, 01:35 PM
kaeli

In article ,
shared the illuminating thought...
On the Today show this morning there was a very upsetting report of cat
mutilations in these two areas. People are urged to keep pets indoors until
this sick person/people are caught. The cats have been found cut in half with
one half missing or completely without organs ( surgical removal) . One was
'posed' to look asleep on the owner's lawn. When she went outside and called
the cat and it didn't move, she walked over and found an empty carcass. All the
organs had been removed and the cat had then been posed to fool the owners.

Police said if this is one person it could be a budding serial killer. Many
abused animals before they killed people. If not, then it could be a cult. They
just don't know. They also fear copycat killers will start now.

I am a cat lover. I just thought I would alert cat lovers here. Disturbing as
it is to read, it would be much worse if it was your cat. Peace, Lara

And can you believe I've had arguments with people on this very subject?
One of the (many) reasons I won't let my cats out is because of sick
*******s like this. Some people have tried to tell me that this stuff
doesn't happen. I wish that were true.

*sigh*

I don't let my babies out without me. Never will.

I hope they find the sicko and stick him somewhere for life. Jail or the
loony bin, I don't care, just get him off the street before he kills a
little kid.

~kaeli~
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
Kill one man and you are a murderer.
Kill millions and you are a conqueror.
Kill everyone and you are God.

Old July 7th 03, 05:06 PM
SongSylvan

SongSylvan wrote:
Ask if I'm worried about my kitties--I live in Aurora, Colorado, where most

of
these killings have happened. Fortunately, my two dingalings are indoor

cats
only.

Hopefully he doesn't start breaking into homes... Probably won't, probably
enough cats he can find outside.

But I have heard of a case where some noe broke into some one's house in
order to torture her cats. It's not unheard of.

Alice

--

I've actually had nightmares about that. Chase is an all-black cat, and you
know how some lunatics attach significance to that color. But Chase had a hard

Paintball, OTOH, has never known anything but love and affection from humans
since the day she was born. I worry that if somebody were to break in to hurt
her, she'd walk right up to him, thinking, "Oh goody, somebody else here to
love me...."