Another first for Lorelei...

Old January 6th 11, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

Default Another first for Lorelei...

On Jan 6, 1:23*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Wellz sunrise, maybe hoomanz dat haz dat long hair just duzent kno bedder..
Piglett trying to figure this out.

Sunrise is cornfoozled. Uncl Bill dint eet birdseet wiff hot
peppersneezestuff. He cookd his own fudz wiff dat stuff. I fink he doo
it sew wee don beg for itted beclaws it hurts to eet itted.

--
WooToo

Old January 12th 11, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Unclefred

Gudgud fur Lorelei. She's obviously getting up in the whirrled. Saw
the photo and she's a lovely cat!

Fred

ingold1234 wrote:

Just now I see that Lorelei is on the top most level of her cat tree. I
don't know how long she's been there.

This is the FIRST time I've seen her there

Every day, I open the curtains when I get up, and close them when it
gets dark outside.

The sun set over two hours ago, and the drapes are closed.

But Lorelei is laying on the (smallest) top platform, as if she's been
doing it for a long time.

Perhaps tomorrow, she'll do it when it still light outside.

Then she could see my snow covered front yard, and the snow covered
street, and the huge piles of snow everywhere.... You get the idea.

I thought this was why Lorelei didn't spend any time on the top
platform, where she could see out of the window: there's very little to
see.

I guess I was wrong.

Like everything else, Lorelei seems to do things at her own pace....
which is very slow.

But I'll bet when Spring comes around...in about 3 centuries...I mean,
MONTHS, she will find my front yard much more interesting.

And, there will be a LOT more sun shining in the window, too.

I am thinking about putting a bird feeder in the yard, if I can fit it
into my budget

My front yard is small, and on the boulevard, between the sidewalk and
the street, just on my neighbor's side, is a good sized maple tree.

Birds like to have a tree fairly close to a bird feeder, so they have a
place to watch the feeder, and a place to retreat to, where they will
feel safe.

I know absolutely NOTHING about bird feeders.

My elderly Mother has a neat one with a counter weighted perch: if a
bird that is too heavy lands on it, the door to the tray of food closes.

This way the grackles and crows, and other less desirable birds have to
forage on the ground for spilled seeds, while the smaller song birds get
access to the buffet

If anyone has any advice on bird feeders, I would certainly appreciate
it.

I will have to put it on a pole, since there's no place to hang it.

Probably, I can buy a pole at a local building supply store, and perhaps
buy the feeder on-line, where the selection and price is usually much
better.

I wish I could get a picture of Lorelei on top of the cat tree, but my
camera isn't cooperating, today