"I got it!"

Old November 18th 05, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default "I got it!"

On 2005-11-18, Marina penned:
Fetching cats are so much fun. Nikki used o fetch when she was
young. Every night, after I'd gone to bed, she would bring me a toy
into bed, an I had to throw it for her, and she would fetch it for
some time. She never announced that she'd got it, though.

Oscar doesn't fetch, but she likes to chase. We have a little stuffed
animal dolphin just for this purpose. It goes flying through the air;
she scrambles after it, then ... stops and stares at me. I have to go
chase down the dolphin myself so that I can make it fly again.

Oscar has never figured out that she can carry things in her mouth.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old November 19th 05, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

Want Dante? Your arm will fall off.

I hear you! Licorice (and Roxy, too, sometimes) will chase something I
throw, but they rarely bring stuff back to me. Once in a while, one of
them will pick something up I've thrown and trot back about 2 feet and
drop it on the floor, then look at me (20 feet away) expectantly. It's
like they have the general *idea* of returning an item, but don't quite
comprehend the importance of distance. It's more like a symbolic gesture.

Recently I was visiting some friends and I started playing fetch with
their dog. I'd throw the toy, he'd race for it, pick it up, and bring it
back to me, not merely dumping it at my feet, but actually tossing it
into my hands with his head. I remember thinking, that for all the
reasons I'm a cat person, "fetch" is a game that is far more rewarding
with a dog.

Joyce
Old November 19th 05, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 18 Nov 2005 04:05:28a, Exocat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

"Cheryl" wrote
This time Shamrock. He just taught himself to play fetch.

Rather I think Shamrock has taught you to play "throw"!

LOL! I knew someone was going to tell me I was the one trained.
hehehe

Claudius (and before him Pericles) both had this talent for
being able to train me while they were still very young, under 5
months old for Peri, 4 for Claws.

Bandit & Snowball have let it be known that they could have done
so but felt it was beneath them :-)

I thought that about Shamrock, but I guess the call of the nose pad
toy was just too strong. Now, Bonnie, OTOH, is much too dignified to
play with a nose.

--
Cheryl
Old November 19th 05, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 18 Nov 2005 05:16:35p, Monique Y. Mudama wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

On 2005-11-18, Cheryl penned:
Another story about my cats.

This time Shamrock. He just taught himself to play fetch.

Hi, Cheryl! I don't remember reading about Shamrock and the
rest of your clowder recently (but then, I have not been reading
most of the posts ... just not enough time) ...

How is Shamrock's temper doing? Is he feeling better?

He's been doing great! Has off days, but otherwise, very well.
Thanks for asking!

--
Cheryl
Old November 19th 05, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 18 Nov 2005 11:01:32a, Kreisleriana wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:7murn1tf2s9p46th0s2ps4u1boj4vlrrh5@
4ax.com):

Want Dante? Your arm will fall off.

As if you'd ever give him to me. LOL

--
Cheryl
Old November 19th 05, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri 18 Nov 2005 01:25:49a, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
roups.com):

Don't have a cat story today, but a DH story that made me laugh.
It's been cold here. It's so hard to acclimate yourself to cold
sheets again! I was headed off to bed, and DH said, "Push Yoda
over when you go to bed. That way you get a really warm spot." I
said, that's mean!

With the high price of heating these days, I'd call it good use of
natural resources.

--
Cheryl
Old November 19th 05, 06:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Fri 18 Nov 2005 01:25:49a, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
roups.com):

Don't have a cat story today, but a DH story that made me laugh.
It's been cold here. It's so hard to acclimate yourself to cold
sheets again! I was headed off to bed, and DH said, "Push Yoda
over when you go to bed. That way you get a really warm spot." I
said, that's mean!

With the high price of heating these days, I'd call it good use of
natural resources.

I do that with Jake pretty much all year. At least in the winter I
appreciate him pre-heating my side of the bed.

Jo

Old November 19th 05, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

Want Dante? Your arm will fall off.

LOL! Actually, Miranda fetches too, but not things. She likes string or
rope. I throw a piece of string, she fetches it and brings it to me to
throw again. She's such an odd little creature.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 19th 05, 07:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2005-11-19, Cheryl penned:
On Fri 18 Nov 2005 05:16:35p, Monique Y. Mudama wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

How is Shamrock's temper doing? Is he feeling better?

He's been doing great! Has off days, but otherwise, very well.
Thanks for asking!

I'm so glad! For a while it seemed like you were out of ideas, and he
just wasn't getting better. It's wonderful to hear that he's doing
well =)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully