Bookie: Did you adopt the blind cat?

Old December 23rd 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Bookie: Did you adopt the blind cat?

Please provide some information about the blind cat you were considering for
adoption.

MaryL

Old December 23rd 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

MaryL wrote:
Please provide some information about the blind cat you were considering for
adoption.

MaryL

I can't adopt her or take her home or anything until after the start of
january, shelter policy, i think it is to prevent anyone taking a
kitten home and giving it away as a christmas present (though i thought
people did not do that anymore apparantly some idiots do), so i have to
wait untilt january the 3rd or something before i can take her home. i
would have liked to have her here for christmas so i coudl pamper her
but not allowed.

I will have more news in january

Old December 23rd 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:18:44 GMT, "bookie"
wrote:

I can't adopt her or take her home or anything until after the start of
january, shelter policy, i think it is to prevent anyone taking a
kitten home and giving it away as a christmas present (though i thought
people did not do that anymore apparantly some idiots do), so i have to
wait untilt january the 3rd or something before i can take her home. i
would have liked to have her here for christmas so i coudl pamper her
but not allowed.

I will have more news in january

I understand the shelter's policy, but it's a shame you couldn't bring her
home over the Holidays when you could spend more time with her. Let us
know how things go.

--
Lynne

Old December 23rd 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

wrote:

I can't adopt her or take her home or anything until after the start of
january, shelter policy, i think it is to prevent anyone taking a
kitten home and giving it away as a christmas present (though i thought
people did not do that anymore apparantly some idiots do

I will have more news in january

I understand the shelter's policy, but it's a shame you couldn't bring her
home over the Holidays when you could spend more time with her. Let us
know how things go.

Never mind & I can understand your disappointment, although it would
have been nice to give her hugs & love over christmas-the point is that
you will be giving her a home for the rest of her life..what better
gift could you give her?
It is certainly a far better outlook than she was facing a few weeks
ago, or so.I was so pleased to hear that you had considered having her
& will be doing so very soon.I am one of the very few of us on here who
cant wait for the first installment in the diary of Bookie's cat.Best
wishes to you over xmas,& I hope that it gives you a bit of time to
prepare for your wonderful start to a brand new year for all of you(inc
new cat too;o)
S"o"

Old December 24th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"bookie" wrote in message
ups.com...

MaryL wrote:
Please provide some information about the blind cat you were considering
for
adoption.

MaryL

I can't adopt her or take her home or anything until after the start of
january, shelter policy, i think it is to prevent anyone taking a
kitten home and giving it away as a christmas present (though i thought
people did not do that anymore apparantly some idiots do), so i have to
wait untilt january the 3rd or something before i can take her home. i
would have liked to have her here for christmas so i coudl pamper her
but not allowed.

I will have more news in january

I'm glad to hear that this little cat is soon going to have a home! It's
sad to think of additional days spent at the shelter, but that actually is a
very good policy. There have been far too many instances of cats adopted at
Christmas and then neglected in the Christmas rush -- or of people picking
one as a "gift" for someone else and then the cat is found to be "not
suitable" and returned. Shelters have learned to be wary of seasonal
adoptions such as Christmas or (worse) Halloween.

MaryL

Old December 24th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

bookie wrote:

I can't adopt her or take her home or anything until after the start of
january, shelter policy, i think it is to prevent anyone taking a
kitten home and giving it away as a christmas present (though i thought
people did not do that anymore apparantly some idiots do), so i have to
wait untilt january the 3rd or something before i can take her home. i
would have liked to have her here for christmas so i coudl pamper her
but not allowed.

I will have more news in january

at the risk of injuring you, is there anyway you could refrain from the
dialectic behavior?
iow's could you stop venting into the air? who are you calling an
idiot? someone that gives a kitten as a christmas present? what's wrong
with that?

handing bookie a tissue... you missed some

Old December 24th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

sheelagh wrote:

Never mind & I can understand your disappointment, although it would
have been nice to give her hugs & love over christmas-the point is that
you will be giving her a home for the rest of her life..what better
gift could you give her?
It is certainly a far better outlook than she was facing a few weeks
ago, or so.I was so pleased to hear that you had considered having her
& will be doing so very soon.I am one of the very few of us on here who
cant wait for the first installment in the diary of Bookie's cat.Best
wishes to you over xmas,& I hope that it gives you a bit of time to
prepare for your wonderful start to a brand new year for all of you(inc
new cat too;o)
S"o"

installment? bookie? bookie is a anger without a cause why would you
SUCK UP TO THAT?
not interested in reality? wholesomeness?

AI'NT YOU TIRED OF IGNORANT MUTHER****ERS?

evidently not.

you're an ignorant asswipe; shiftless

WHO THE **** TAUGHT YOU TO USE A COMPUTER?
WHO SHOWED YOU HOW TO GET ONLINE?

WHO DID THAT? i'd like to have a word with them by God!

Old December 24th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

addicted wrote:
bookie wrote:

I can't adopt her or take her home or anything until after the start of
january, shelter policy, i think it is to prevent anyone taking a
kitten home and giving it away as a christmas present (though i thought
people did not do that anymore apparantly some idiots do), so i have to
wait untilt january the 3rd or something before i can take her home. i
would have liked to have her here for christmas so i coudl pamper her
but not allowed.

I will have more news in january

at the risk of injuring you, is there anyway you could refrain from the
dialectic behavior?
iow's could you stop venting into the air? who are you calling an
idiot? someone that gives a kitten as a christmas present? what's wrong
with that?

are you suffering form multiple personality disorder? are there 2 or
more different people within you? that woudl explain the many different
nicknames used and attitudes displayed.
I do nto know what you think a newsgroups liek this is for but surely
it is to promote dialectic behaviour ie discussion, trying to find
truth through discussion and debate of opposing ideas, comparison of a
thesis and it's antithesis in order to combine the 2 in one unfying
synthesis , not allowing one idea or arguemnt to become superior to
it's contradictory argument or theory but discourse leading to an
acceptance of a single theory which encompasses all proposed theories
and that there are truths on both sides of the argument.
but then you already know what the word dialectic means or you would
not be using it.

what is wrogn with giving kittenas as christmas pressies? a lot! apart
from the fact it devalues the kittens life and allows it to be viewed
as an object which can be given away like a toy and not as a precious
life which is what it really is, there is also the fact that alot of
these kittens who are given away as presents are then abandoned when
the child (usually some spoilt brat) gets bored of kitty and can't be
bothered to feed her or change her litter tray or kitty needs the vet
and is ill and this costs money.

christ almighty, do i really have to spell it out for you?

handing bookie a tissue... you missed some

Old December 24th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

bookie wrote:

are you suffering form multiple personality disorder?
are there 2 or
more different people within you? that woudl explain the many different
nicknames used and attitudes displayed.

attitudes? what someone who may not agree with you has an attitude?

I do nto know what you think a newsgroups liek this is for but surely
it is to promote dialectic behaviour ie discussion, trying to find
truth through discussion and debate of opposing ideas, comparison of a
thesis and it's antithesis in order to combine the 2 in one unfying
synthesis , not allowing one idea or arguemnt to become superior to
it's contradictory argument or theory but discourse leading to an
acceptance of a single theory which encompasses all proposed theories
and that there are truths on both sides of the argument.
but then you already know what the word dialectic means or you would
not be using it.

nah, the other meaning bookie, you have nothing in common with except
some issue of negativity, if it was an agreement on positive matters
then the exchange is no longer of a dialectic nature

what is wrogn with giving kittenas as christmas pressies? a lot! apart
from the fact it devalues the kittens life and allows it to be viewed
as an object which can be given away like a toy and not as a precious
life which is what it really is,

that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

THEY ARE NOT CHILDREN BOOKIE, little animals
objects? objects?

WHAT OBJECT CLIMBS UP THE BACK OF YOUR SOFA AND SNATCHES YOUR WIG OFF?

DO YOU REALLY THINK THE WORLD LISTENING?
or if they were.. do you think they would assume their proper position
beneath you?

get a clue

you got a sick mind and I can prove it, you just don't know you're sick

there is also the fact that alot of
these kittens who are given away as presents are then abandoned when
the child (usually some spoilt brat) gets bored of kitty and can't be
bothered to feed her or change her litter tray or kitty needs the vet
and is ill and this costs money.

ah you're stating generalities.. you probably heard somebody say that
before
it just sounds good so you holler to it

WAKE UP BOOKIE! get your head out the sand

christ almighty, do i really have to spell it out for you?

this further proves my previous statement...

uh bookie! would you like me to assume my little **** on position now?

Old December 24th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

attitudes? what someone who may not agree with you has an attitude?

please look up the meaning of the word attitude, it does not
automatically mean a 'bad' attitude, it can mean a way of looking at
the world, a stance, bad or good

you got a sick mind and I can prove it, you just don't know you're sick

go on then

uh bookie! would you like me to assume my little **** on position now?

if you would be so kind....

i feel there is a lot of rage within you right now? did someone tell
you santa was not going to visit you tonight be cause you have been a
bad boy or something? don't take it out on me, just make sure you are a
good boy for santa next year