"Just a Cat"

Old September 8th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default "Just a Cat"

Crossposted from another list of mine.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or
"that's a lot of money for just a cat." They don't understand the
distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a
cat."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a cat."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a cat," but I did
not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been spent with "just a cat," and in
those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a cat" gave me
comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a cat," then you will probably
understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise" or "just a
promise."

"Just a cat" brings into my life the very essence of friendship,
trust, and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a cat" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a
better person.
Because of "just a cat" I will rise early, take long walks and look
longingly to the future.

So for me and the folks like me, it's not "just a cat" but an
embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond
memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a cat" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away
from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a cat" but
the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
person."

Author, unknown
Old September 8th 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
Crossposted from another list of mine.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or
[...]

I can't say that children or grandchildren did all that much to 'save'
or cement or marriage. They mostly created new stress points of their
own.

But the cats and the dogs. Those we are in absolute agreement on. We
could most likely worked out custody arrangements for the kids. But
who would check for owies if I didn't, and who would hold them for TED
when needed if not me. Who would spend a whole afternoon shopping for
treats. Checking not only pet appear but nutritional content as well
if not for Charlie. I'm the proper party for infantile treading, but
Charlie takes the best naps, and tosses less in his sleep. I'm up
early to lets anyone out that prefers dirt or grass or bark for their
morning needs. He makes sure no one goes to bed without their
favorite treat and fresh water with ice.

We both worry ourselves sick if they aren't up to par, if they aren't
home and accounted for when they should be.

And neither of us would ever say anything to the effect that the other
had done too much for or spent to much on the dogs or the cats.

We make us a couple. Kids make us a family. But the cats and dogs
make it a home. Even when the kids and the other bit of the couple
aren't co-operating.

I've never once had a cat too annoyed with me to curl up and make sure
I'm OK. Or a dog that wouldn't look into my eyes forever to make sure
I'm OK.

Doesn't hurt that the same cats and dogs that seem to love me so much,
no matter what, also love Charlie just as much regardless of what we
think of each other at the moment.

Jo

Old September 8th 08, 11:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

Crossposted from another list of mine.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or
[...]

That's a keeper, Helen! I wish the author had signed it so I could write
him or her a fan letter!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old September 8th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Jofirey" skrev i meddelandet

wrote in message
Crossposted from another list of mine.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or
[...]

That is beautyful Jo.
Elisabet

Old September 8th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

skrev i meddelandet
Crossposted from another list of mine.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or
[...]

So true.
Of course no one in this group would ever say "just a cat".
Elisabet

Old September 8th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

This is wonderful and I am going to post it to rpcc and print it out and
nail it to my front door!!!
wrote in message
Crossposted from another list of mine.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or

Old September 9th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

:
Crossposted from another list of mine.

Helen M

"Just a Cat"

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a cat," or
"that's a lot of money for just a cat." They don't understand the
distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a
cat."

Thank you for posting that Helen.
I've had people tell me that too and they must hate cats. Our cats are
wonderful, loyal, funny, and they, unlike some humans, don't judge me. All
a cat asks in return is to be loved and fed. And they give SO much of
themselves. Cats are a wonderful gift from God, IMO
Their purrs are of great comfort in times of stress, sadness and pain.
I just love my 4 kitties.

Kyla

Old September 9th 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^..^= wrote:

Thank you for posting that Helen.
I've had people tell me that too and they must hate cats.

Oh, I don't think everyone who says "it's just a cat" necessarily
hates cats. They just don't get it. And they also fall into a common
trap, which is that if they don't feel something, they can't imagine
why anyone else would feel that thing. Failure of imagination.

--
Joyce ^..^