"Missing Cat" Flyers delivered

Old July 18th 09, 10:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default "Missing Cat" Flyers delivered

Walked around the neighbourhood despite the 'flu to do a letterbox drop of
an A6 sized flyer (thats 1/4 of an A4) with Shadow's picture and my contact
details on it. I met a few people, but although they were very sympathetic
(even the big burley guy with the growling & barking rotties) no-one had
seen her.

Unfortunatley couldn't get to the front of the big retirement complex that
has its back in our street to do the letterboxes there - by the time I'd
done my street I was shaking & wobbly and dead-on-my-feet. What gruesome
timing for 'flu.

There's no roadkill anywhere, for which I am truly grateful. No 'found' ads
in the papers, the RSPCA hasn't got her (as far as they know... not very
helpful) and she hasn't been handed into the local vet. Thankfully she is
chipped but I hadn't thought of getting a collar for her, now I really wish
I did.

One neighbour did try to cheer me with a story of her cat coming home after
three months, no worse for wear, bless her, but there's that growing feeling
that she's gone...

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old July 18th 09, 11:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Me and my crew are sending loads and loads of GYFBH purrs for Shadow.
I hope you will soon see a fluffy white Shadow occupying your
doorstep.

Hugs,
Tish

Old July 18th 09, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_6_]

"Yowie" wrote in
:

[...]

Mega purrs for Shadow and your flu. Collars often get caught in branches
and fall off, so don't feel badly about not having one on her. Sonny loses
his every few months.

Bobble

Old July 18th 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bobble" wrote in message
"Yowie" wrote in
:

[...]

Persia stays inside but she often gets fits of "I don't want to wear this
collar!" and I find it on the floor. Of course it's a breakaway collar but
she doesn'd do that, she just yanks it off over her head. Cats are devious

I hope Shadow comes back soon, Yowie.

Jill

Old July 18th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Jul 18, 2:19*am, "Yowie" wrote:

One neighbour did try to cheer me with a story of her cat coming home after
three months, no worse for wear, bless her, but there's that growing feeling
that she's gone...

GYFBH purrs for her!

Or at least let your meowmie know you're safe!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 18th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 18, 4:19*am, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Yowie,
First, lots of come-home purrs.
Second, knowing that your situation there rspca/shelters could be
entirely different,
but I need to tell you what's happened before at our shelter phone
call inquiries about
missing cats.
Once, the volunteer who answered the phone was just too lazy to get
off her butt and walk to
the other end of the shelter where the quarantined cats were there. We
did, indeed, have the
lost cat.
Second incident, the caller asked about a "stripe" cat. The caller
thought she said "white" cat and
knew we didn't have any white cats.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, from what I've seen, it's better to
go to the shelter and look for
yourself instead of relying on phone information.
I really, really, hope you find her. Please keep us updated.
Sherry
Old July 18th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

((((((((Yowie)))))))))

I hope she shows up and you get rid of your flu soon, so you feel better
both mentally and physically.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old July 18th 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 18, 4:19 am, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Along these same lines: I called the animal shelter after I read about
Duffy, who at that point had been in a cage at the shelter for several
months. He was also blind, and I knew that cages would be at a premium
because kitten season was approaching. When I called and (1) gave his name,
(2) said that I had seen the announcement on Petfinder.com, and (3) said
that he was blind...the person I spoke to *still* gave incorrect
information. She said that "he was already gone." I asked if she meant
that he had been adopted or euthanized, and she said adopted. Fortunately,
I decided to follow up the next day and contacted the director. Well, long
story short...Duffy had *not* been adopted, and that wonderful little guy
came into my life. I have never been able to figure out how the first
person could have been so wrong when all the information was so specific,
but it is a good illustration of why we need to follow up and make personal
contact. More tragically, a friend's dog was euthanized, despite the fact
that she had called the shelter every day. Once again, telephone
communication did not work.

MaryL
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Old July 18th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 18, 4:19 am, "Yowie"
wrote:
[...]

I would never rely on a phone call to a shelter.

When our Sam was injured he had been taken to a vet just a short
distance away. Their records said they were caring for a gray
female cat. Sam was a neutered blue point Siamese but he was pretty
beat up and they were more interested in keeping him alive and
hadn't really checked out his details.

In the interest of all good and kind and decent vets everywhere, and
there are lots of them.

Sam was hit by a car after 10pm. Someone found him at the side of
the road and called the nearest vet. They came in and opened up and
took him in. The vet stayed up the rest of the night taking care of
him. Dealing with wounds and broken bones etc. That was a Saturday
night. On Monday we heard from a friend of a friend about this cat
that had been taken in to the vet the same night Sam disappeared. I
had to go and look at the cat anyway, in spite of the description.
The vets were on the hook for the cost of his care, the folks that
took him in had not agreed to pay for it.

I took them $20 every payday for a very long time.

When my kids mess up I remind myself how glad I am not to be quite
that stupid and broke anymore. That young with some money and good
sense would be nice however.

Jo