cats on new sod

Old April 19th 11, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default cats on new sod

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

On Apr 18, 10:58 am, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
news wrote:
I wish you'd be more forthcoming about your cat's situation.
When you let your cat outside on "new sod" or let him get lost in

the horrid
abyss that is Florida, is it any wonder that he's sick?

You appear to be posting from the UK - what could you know about "the
horrid abyss that is Florida"? Ever been there? Or to the U.S.?

----

Evelyn...this is a recipe candidate.
Peanut butter sandwich:
spread peanut butter on two slices of bread and stick them together.

----

You put peanut butter on both sides?? I always put it on one side. Am I
doing it wrong??

Peanut butter on both sides, sliced banana in the middle!

-----

Oh yummm... now we're talkin'. CatNipped, if you're reading this thread, a
peanut butter and nanner sandwich would be good for you!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old April 19th 11, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote:
news wrote:
I wish you'd be more forthcoming about your cat's situation.
When you let your cat outside on "new sod" or let him get lost in the horrid
abyss that is Florida, is it any wonder that he's sick?

You appear to be posting from the UK - what could you know about "the
horrid abyss that is Florida"? Ever been there? Or to the U.S.?

Evelyn...this is a recipe candidate.
Peanut butter sandwich:
spread peanut butter on two slices of bread and stick them together.

I spread on both slices of bread only when I put banana slices in the
sandwich. I rarely use jam, jelly, or preserves with my PB sandwich but
when I do, I prefer Strawberry preserves. Grape is satisfying as well.

Pam S
Old April 20th 11, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:46:40 +0100, Jack Campin
wrote:

Have any of you gotten new sod and a sort time later found that your
cat was sick? What were the symptoms? That's what happened here.
When he got over that illness, we went to FL (where he got lost for
10 days). When we returned and let him outside on a leash, after a
few days he got sick again. The vet does not know what it is. The
symptoms are not being able to urinate, while not being blocked.

Maybe some kind of parasite infesting the sod?

Do you have any idea where it came from?

More likely pesticide or fertiliser that was recently sprayed on it.
Is your cat a big grass-eater?

That's what I suspect. A neighbor (who doesn't have pets) had their front
lawn re-sodded last year. The landscaper put down a *lot* of fertililzer
(and who knows what other chemicals) to encourage the squares of sod to put
down roots in the soil. That can't possibly be good for a cat to injest,
either from eating the grass or walking on it then licking their paws.

Jill

Old April 20th 11, 06:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message

...CatNipped, if you're reading this thread, a peanut butter
and nanner sandwich would be good for you!!

Maybe not - I though the advice given to CN was "No nuts" ?

--
MatSav

Old April 20th 11, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

m...

wrote:
news wrote:
I wish you'd be more forthcoming about your cat's situation.
When you let your cat outside on "new sod" or let him get lost in the
horrid
abyss that is Florida, is it any wonder that he's sick?

You appear to be posting from the UK - what could you know about "the
horrid abyss that is Florida"? Ever been there? Or to the U.S.?

Evelyn...this is a recipe candidate.
Peanut butter sandwich:
spread peanut butter on two slices of bread and stick them together.

I spread on both slices of bread only when I put banana slices in the
sandwich. I rarely use jam, jelly, or preserves with my PB sandwich but
when I do, I prefer Strawberry preserves. Grape is satisfying as well.

----

This may sound gross, but I do love me a creamy peanut butter sandwich with
orange marmalade on one it. It's really good... iffin' ya like orange
marmalade!! Second selection is raspberry preserves.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

Old April 20th 11, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

*wrote:
news wrote:
[...]

Interesting combo. Just now I was going to make a smoothie with banana
but was
too lazy to bother with a blender. So I just put a bit of peanut
butter and banana slices on
plain yogurt. Tasted pretty good and quite filling.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

Old April 20th 11, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

wrote:
news wrote:
[...]

------

Okay... that's it!! It's 11:30 a.m. and I can't wait 'til noon for lunch.
I'm hungry NOW!! Am having a small chicken breast, some baked beans and
peas. I always have my bigger meal at lunch and then do cream of wheat or
cereal for dinner. Dessert is usually yogurt and an apple later on at
night. I desperately need to get back into the gym. I put on at least 20
lbs. during the (rough) winter. But, here I sit enjoying doing nothing at
all. It's gloomy/dark out with rain showers. That always leaves me to
wanna just hang out... and eat!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

Old April 20th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

wrote:

om...

*wrote:
news wrote:
[...]

I know what you mean. We had freezing rain with strong gusts of wind
this
morning. So I decided to stay home. But I went downstairs (I live in a
highrise) to take part in a half hour stretching exercise class. When
I came back upstairs, I felt like a second breakfast. That's when I
ate the
yogurt I mentioned. Now it is noon and time for lunch.
Seems I spent a lot of time fixing something to eat.
But I am about 20 lb underweight so no problem there.
Besides I walk the hallways and climb the stairs for exercise.
There is also a treadmill downstairs but I found it boring.
Have a good lunch!

. )) -: :-
. . ))
Laurie
(( . ..
-: :- (( .

Old April 20th 11, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 19/04/2011 22:50, tanadashoes wrote:

I spread on both slices of bread only when I put banana slices in the
sandwich. I rarely use jam, jelly, or preserves with my PB sandwich but
when I do, I prefer Strawberry preserves. Grape is satisfying as well.

I make sandwiches Scandinavian style - open-faced. I like a thin layer
of mango salsa, then peanut butter, then heaps of lettuce and thin
cucumber slices on top.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old April 20th 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Marina" wrote in message ...

On 19/04/2011 22:50, tanadashoes wrote:

I spread on both slices of bread only when I put banana slices in the
sandwich. I rarely use jam, jelly, or preserves with my PB sandwich but
when I do, I prefer Strawberry preserves. Grape is satisfying as well.

I make sandwiches Scandinavian style - open-faced. I like a thin layer
of mango salsa, then peanut butter, then heaps of lettuce and thin
cucumber slices on top.

-----

Wow... this actually sounds good. Is the salsa relatively sweet??

Laurie