Easter dinner is cooking

Old April 24th 11, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Easter dinner is cooking

And I had to lock the furballs on the Florida room. they tried to tag team
the turkey again this year ;-)

Old April 24th 11, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Apr 24, 1:57*pm, Judith Latham wrote:
In article m, Matthew

wrote:
And I had to lock the furballs on the Florida room. *they tried to tag
team the turkey again this year ;-)

I offered Sootie some of my Turkey and she shot up and ran to the front
bedroom for her dry food.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

I gave Rusty some turkey last Thanksgiving as he was going to RB
the next day. Since he never had people food, he was not sure what to
make of the turkey. Or maybe he was not sure of my cooking.
He did eat it, along with his prescription cat food made from duck.
It was his last supper.
Old April 25th 11, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm making lamb chops with artichoke hearts. Lamb makes more
sense given the Christian dogma. The artichoke hearts, well, I
just like them ...

Do you like the after-effects as well? Round these parts, we call
them "fartichokes" :-)

--
MatSav

Old April 25th 11, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

wrote:
And I had to lock the furballs on the Florida room. they tried to tag
team the turkey again this year ;-)

I offered Sootie some of my Turkey and she shot up and ran to the front
bedroom for her dry food.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

I gave Rusty some turkey last Thanksgiving as he was going to RB
the next day. Since he never had people food, he was not sure what to
make of the turkey. Or maybe he was not sure of my cooking.
He did eat it, along with his prescription cat food made from duck.
It was his last supper.

------

((Winnie))!!

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old April 25th 11, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MatSav" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm making lamb chops with artichoke hearts. Lamb makes more sense given
the Christian dogma. The artichoke hearts, well, I just like them ...

Do you like the after-effects as well? Round these parts, we call them
"fartichokes" :-)

--
MatSav

LOL Artichokes don't bother me. I could make a meal out of a whole
artichoke with drawn butter

Jill

Old April 25th 11, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 4/24/2011 1:40 PM, Matthew wrote:
And I had to lock the furballs on the Florida room. they tried to tag team
the turkey again this year ;-)

We also have turkey, the left-overs that is. The owners look like
Snoopy being a vulture when one of us is eating a sandwich. Speedy just
hangs about an inch from one's hand and drools. William also seems to
be doing a vulture, but only at his mum's sandwich.

Pam S
Old April 25th 11, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

I still think the award for feline thievery should go to Fiona's
kitten Oliver (would have been more apt to call him Fagin) who managed
to run off with large leg of pork- it was there when they went to bed
it wasn't there the next morning and the only access/exit was Oliver's
cat flap..except the pork leg was much too big to get through the cat
flap so they weren;t quite sure who to blame until the next day when
Oliver was spotted at the end of the garden happily tucking on a pork
leg that was about twice the size of Oliver!

Lesley

Slaveof the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 25th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:
I still think the award for feline thievery should go to Fiona's
kitten Oliver (would have been more apt to call him Fagin) who managed
to run off with large leg of pork- it was there when they went to bed
it wasn't there the next morning and the only access/exit was Oliver's
cat flap..except the pork leg was much too big to get through the cat
flap so they weren;t quite sure who to blame until the next day when
Oliver was spotted at the end of the garden happily tucking on a pork
leg that was about twice the size of Oliver!

Lesley

Slaveof the Fabulous Furballs

I don't understand people leaving pork, turkey or other food
unrefrigerated for any length of time, especially overnight.
Have they never heard of food poisoning? Turkeys should never be "left
out" to thaw. MLB
Old April 25th 11, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MLB" wrote in message
Lesley Madigan wrote:
I still think the award for feline thievery should go to Fiona's
kitten Oliver (would have been more apt to call him Fagin) who managed
to run off with large leg of pork- it was there when they went to bed
it wasn't there the next morning and the only access/exit was Oliver's
cat flap..except the pork leg was much too big to get through the cat
flap so they weren;t quite sure who to blame until the next day when
Oliver was spotted at the end of the garden happily tucking on a pork
leg that was about twice the size of Oliver!

Lesley

Slaveof the Fabulous Furballs

I don't understand people leaving pork, turkey or other food
unrefrigerated for any length of time, especially overnight.
Have they never heard of food poisoning? Turkeys should never be "left
out" to thaw. MLB

Nowadays that's true. However, in the past, we didn't know about such
things. For many years, my mother used to put the remains of the turkey
into the oven after Thanksgiving dinner and cut the meat off the bones the
next day. Then she got a new kitchen stove. The next time she did that,
the turkey was obviously spoiled by the next day. You could smell it
through the whole house. What made the difference? The old oven didn't
have a pilot light. The new one did.

Joy

Old April 25th 11, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin wrote:

I don't understand people leaving pork, turkey or other food
unrefrigerated for any length of time, especially overnight.
Have they never heard of food poisoning?

Food poisoning is almost always caused by *cooked* food, after it's
come in contact with microbes that would be destroyed by cooking.

It used to be routine to leave tough meats like beef and mutton to
hang for weeks, which would be time enough for the myosin fibres
to degrade. This is still done for all game meats. Traditionally
the practice was to hang a pheasant by its feet until they broke off
and the bird fell off the hook. The result is *much* more tenderness
and flavour, and any microbes would be killed by the cooking process.
(Leaving it out *after* you'd cooked it was bad news, but that was
from a whole new population of germs).

Many species of bacteria give off toxins as waste. Cooking won't destroy
that. So if a species of bacteria that produces waste toxins has been
growing and producing the toxins in the raw meat, those'll still be there
after you cook it, even though the bacteria itself will all be dead.

This is why, for example, you shouldn't leave raw hamburger in the trunk
of your car on a hot day for several hours, and then bring it home and cook
it and make your whole family deathly ill (true story).

Joyce

--
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me

Dinner Bev Cat anecdotes 0 July 9th 09 01:40 AM
HAPPY EASTER Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 2 March 24th 08 04:43 AM
HAPPY EASTER Matthew AKA NMR Cat anecdotes 2 April 16th 06 08:05 PM
Ya ya happy easter buttermybutt,callmeabiscuit Cat health & behaviour 0 April 16th 06 03:35 PM
"Easter" Dinner - OT jmcquown Cat anecdotes 12 March 29th 05 05:48 AM