Cat TV!

Old February 6th 12, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Cat TV!

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Bastette
wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and
mousies and ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in
the house when I was at work. He ignored it on the TV and just went
outside to see them for himself. I should stop allowing myself to
get involved with marketing.

LOL, my cats weren't impressed with a similar video of birds and rodents
twittering and scurrying around noisily. They also paid no attention to
it.

But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including lions,
leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit watching it with
what appeared to be rapt attention.

Neither of my previous cats were very interested in my cat video but
Sootie loves it. She does love to sit watching tv. Especially those where
they're training a badly behaved dog.

Sophie (RB) in the first few days she was here, sat and watched the whole
of Jungle book. Not one of our favourites but we kept it on for her to
watch.

LOL! Boyfie is not a TV fan. I saw the video in a charity shop (obviously
it hadn't worked for the previous owners either!) and I just thought "well,
why not, maybe he would like to watch it while I'm at work."
I used to do this sort of thing, getting cardboard boxes for both himself &
KFC to jump in and out of, etc because of such good reports on here about
how other cats loved these things.
They both just thought "why are these boxes in here?"
and ignored them. I tried not to be hurt ;-)
I was trying to be such a good cat meowmie.

Tweed

Old February 7th 12, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 02/06/2012 01:52 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In , Bastette
wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Judith

IMHO kitties that were separated from their mom and littermates at an
early age probably never really learned to play. Street waifs spend
their time trying to survive and never really found out what play is.
Old February 7th 12, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On 2/3/2012 2:54 PM, Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and mousies and
ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in the house when I was
at work. He ignored it on the TV and just went outside to see them for
himself.
I should stop allowing myself to get involved with marketing.

LOL, my cats weren't impressed with a similar video of birds and rodents
twittering and scurrying around noisily. They also paid no attention to it.

But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including lions,
leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit watching it with
what appeared to be rapt attention.

NASCAR racing. Their heads move with the cars and I swear that Pine
Cone is looking into his own race car.

Pam S.
Old February 9th 12, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and
mousies and ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in
the house when I was at work. He ignored it on the TV and just went
outside to see them for himself. I should stop allowing myself to
get involved with marketing.

I used to do this sort of thing, getting cardboard boxes for both himself
& KFC to jump in and out of, etc because of such good reports on here
about how other cats loved these things.
They both just thought "why are these boxes in here?"
and ignored them. I tried not to be hurt ;-)
I was trying to be such a good cat meowmie.

Tweed

Don't feel bad. I never know what's going to interest Persia. Sometimes
she's taken with boxes, other times she ignores them. Same thing with paper
shopping bags as toys. (NOTE: *Not* the kind with handles!) Persia used
to dive into them... she tired of that as a toy, too. She does still like
toy mousies that rattle And she also likes the refillable velcro "mouse"
that you fill with catnip. She pounces on it and then licks it into
submission IIRC, Victor Martinez had one just like it.

Jill

Old February 12th 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

I used to do this sort of thing, getting cardboard boxes for both himself &
KFC to jump in and out of, etc because of such good reports on here about
how other cats loved these things.
They both just thought "why are these boxes in here?"
and ignored them. I tried not to be hurt ;-)
I was trying to be such a good cat meowmie.

How do you know they didn't play in the boxes when you weren't there?
That's just the kind of thing a cat would do.

--
Joyce

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln
Old February 13th 12, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I used to do this sort of thing, getting cardboard boxes for both
himself &
KFC to jump in and out of, etc because of such good reports on here
about
how other cats loved these things.
They both just thought "why are these boxes in here?"
and ignored them. I tried not to be hurt ;-)
I was trying to be such a good cat meowmie.

How do you know they didn't play in the boxes when you weren't there?
That's just the kind of thing a cat would do.

because I saw their faces "what the F is this cardboard stuff?

Old February 13th 12, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I used to do this sort of thing, getting cardboard boxes for both
himself &
KFC to jump in and out of, etc because of such good reports on here
about
how other cats loved these things.
They both just thought "why are these boxes in here?"
and ignored them. I tried not to be hurt ;-)
I was trying to be such a good cat meowmie.

How do you know they didn't play in the boxes when you weren't there?
That's just the kind of thing a cat would do.

because I saw their faces "what the F is this cardboard stuff?

Sure, that's what they did *in front of you*. But once you were out the
door, they might have had a grand time in the boxes.

--
Joyce

audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.

Old February 13th 12, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and
mousies and ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in
the house when I was at work. He ignored it on the TV and just
went
outside to see them for himself. I should stop allowing myself to
get involved with marketing.

LOL, my cats weren't impressed with a similar video of birds and rodents
twittering and scurrying around noisily. They also paid no attention to
it.

But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including lions,
leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit watching it with
what appeared to be rapt attention.

One of my dogs was fascinated by bears or wolves on the Tv and would watch
them raptly until they disappeared and then she would get up and look behind
the television to see where they had gone. She had no interest in dog or
cat programmes. Wolves were her ;-)
Tweed

Old February 14th 12, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

Christina Websell wrote:

* *I actually bought a video for cats a while ago, with birdies and mousies and
* *ratties on, for Boyfriend to amuse himself if he was in the house when I was
* *at work. *He ignored it on the TV and just went outside to see them for
* *himself.
* *I should stop allowing myself to get involved with marketing.

LOL, my cats weren't impressed with a similar video of birds and rodents
twittering and scurrying around noisily. They also paid no attention to it.

But whenever there was a show on about cats - any cats, including lions,
leopards and so on - they were fascinated and would sit watching it with
what appeared to be rapt attention.

NASCAR racing. *Their heads move with the cars and I swear that Pine
Cone is looking into his own race car.

Pam S.- Hide quoted text -

Well he lives in the South NASCAR is popular there, also it sounds
like some RPCA's bad boy kitteh would do.

Suz&Spicey