Awl Aboard! Orient Eggspress

Old December 5th 04, 04:45 AM
Rebecca

"Mlle. Anaïs" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 07:55:45 GMT, Rebecca wrote:

Pardon me, Monsieur. My name is Rebecca, an I iz lookin fur my caterin
partner Tabitha. Hab yoo by any chantz seen hur? I beleev she wuz going
meet me heer at da train.

Hihi Rebecca! Anaïs and Tiger wave from their window seat

I fink dattid dey just got on da train. I'll send Pierre to help
yourownself get settled. See you attid dinner!

Oh, gud, fangks gize! Heer comes Pierre now. Dese Orient Eggspress
employese shur luks snappee in dere ooniforms.

Rebecca

Old December 7th 04, 04:28 AM
Mlle. Anaïs

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:27:24 -0600, Miss Violette wrote:

I didn't efur haf dis befur, Furry haz talked 'bout itself butted soft izunt
innerested init attall, her only once in a whilez willz taste esc eska
snailz, butted onliest ifin dey iz inna garlic butterz,,, He tates the snack
anna purrz lowdly anna 'profingly, drinkz a bit of wine anna iz very
pleazed...

I hope we getsa meet dat new kitty you sended sum fud to, I think him sounds
like a very hiklass kitty, Tiger just happy ta be wif hiz wink

The loudspeakers crackle: "Bonjour, kitties, this is Pierre, your
head-conductor, and The Simplon-Orient_Express will be leving Paris in one
hour. Please have your luggage taken aboard."

Tiger, I'ze hopes dattid all uv owr kitties iz reddy to go. I do't see any
community kitties on da platform...

Now dere'z sumfin odd. Look at dat groop uv siks kitteez. Tiger looks...

Whatz so odd 'bout dem?

Well two are well-dressed business-cats, an' da udder four iz passin'
'round nip in a brown paper bag! Dey jus don look like traffelink
companionz...
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
12/6/2004 11:21:38 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old December 7th 04, 05:09 AM
Miss Violette

dat iz odd, duz you 'spoze dey izunt aktualy togefur, juz standin by each
ofur? or maybe dey iz, buzinezz 'socaitez? anna besize, any kitty knowz
dat nip won't keep fresh inna bag, Tiger curious now
.. .

Old December 7th 04, 07:17 PM
Mlle. Anaïs

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:09:02 -0600, Miss Violette wrote:

dat iz odd, duz you 'spoze dey izunt aktualy togefur, juz standin by each
ofur? or maybe dey iz, buzinezz 'socaitez? anna besize, any kitty knowz
dat nip won't keep fresh inna bag, Tiger curious now

Hmmm, dey luks like buzinezz 'sociatez buttid thrown tigeffur by
circumstance. An doze four luks like dey don care if'n itz fresh - it luks
like dey want ta finish dat nip befur da train leefs.

Anywayz, my luff, I haff a nice restaurant to take you to whenz we getz to
Italee. My unkle Dario retired to da Po valley, an introdoosed me to it.
Since I kno dattid my bigboycat likesta eet, I want to take yourself dere.
smurgle, smooch.

Pour me a bit more uv dat nip-shampayne, wood yoo pleeze?

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
12/7/2004 2:10:57 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old December 7th 04, 07:48 PM
Miss Violette

Heriz yourown drink, I wonner if dey iz just temporari workin fur da suitz?
dat wuuld make sense. OHHH i duz lloooff fud, almoz az much as you... Kan
TV kome to diz eaty plaze, him lofez pasta anna sauce, he efin getz hisown
bow atta owr house, Tiger, smurglin anna lookin outta winnow anna think, he
wuuld uze up alla dat nip if he wuz doze cats

Old December 7th 04, 07:55 PM

In the bar car, Monty FitzThomas steps up to the bar. "Bon jour. Un
petit Benedictine, sil vous plait."

"Bien sur," replies the bartender, Henri, pouring the aperitif into a
glass. "Will there be anything else, sir?" he asks, switching to
English with a bit of a grin at his customer.

Monty laughs. "I thought my accent was better than that! Do you
suppose anyone would mind if I played the piano for a while?"

Henri smiles. "Of course not, sir. We have a professional who plays
in the evening, but I will unlock the instrument for you now."

Following Henri (who has pulled the key to the piano from under the
bar), Monty strips off his gloves, and picks up his drink. "Merci," he
says, and slips Henri a small pour-boire before he starts to play a
slow rag. (Being a cat, Monty plays piano by stepping on the keys,
quite delicately considering his size. His mother always claimed there
was some cougar in his ancestry somewhere...)

Outside, there are shouts and bells, followed by a deep sigh of steam.
With a single jerk followed by smooth acceleration, the train begins to
move, the station sliding by the windows. Kitties (and humans...)on
the platform turn to watch, and to wave. Monty seques into the Orient
Express Waltz (from the movie of the Agatha Christie novel; a lovely
piece).

Another wait-kitty staggers into the bar car, under a silver tray with
a bottle of champagne and a silver bowl filled with crushed ice, in
which nestles a tin of caviar. "M. FitzThomas?" he asks, and, when
Monty nods, continues, "With the complements of Mlle. Ana=EFs,
monsieur."

"How kind of her," replies Monty. "Tattinger '39 and Beluga. Clearly
a lady of excellent taste." He scribbles a quick thank-you on a leaf
from his pocket notebook. "Take that to Mademoiselle, if you would be
so kind. And is Her Royal Highness Cleopatra aboard?"

"Yes, monsieur. She will meet you at dinner."

"Ah, good. I should have known she would not miss the train. Thank
you." The wait-kitty pauses long enough to open the champagne and pour
a flute. Monty takes a sip, dips the little horn spoon into the
caviar, places it on a crouton, and munches appreciatively before
returning to the piano.

"Hmm...," he thinks. "I shall have to arrange some roses for our
hostesses. And I wonder if the chef could transform some of that
salmon I saw earlier into a coulibiac for everyone to share one
evening..."

As the train slides through the outskirts of Paris, the Orient Express
Waltz wafts softly behind it...

Montgomery Gawain FitzThomas, DOC

Mlle. Ana=EFs wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:42:42 -0600, Miss Violette wrote:

snip

Tiger and Ana=EFs are snuggled on the window seat on the bow-window

in their
stateroom when a knock is heard on the door. A wait-kitty comes in

pushing
a silver cart

"Would you please serve us over here?" The wait-kitty then puts down

white linen table-cloth between them, and on it a platter of smoked

salmon,
some small buttered toast squares and a small blue can with Russian

writing
and a picture of a fish on it on it - Tiger looks at it

quizzically.... The
waiter then brings in a wine-bucket, and shows Ana=EFs the bottle:
"Tattinger, 1939 as you ordered, Mademoiselle. Shall I open it?"

Ana=EFs nods, and the wait-kitty pops open the cork with a "pop", and

pours
them each a flute. "Will there be anything else, Mademoiselle?" She

pauses
- "Yes, please send the same order to a gentlecat named M. Fitz

Thomas, who
is in the lounge, please. And put it on my bill, if you would."

snip

Purrs,

Mlle. Ana=EFs
12/2/2004 10:22:15 AM