Update on baby squirrel

Old January 11th 04, 03:42 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Update on baby squirrel

It seems the purrs worked! We heard the squirrel mom on the roof doing
lots of noise and after a few hours the baby was gone! We're hoping mom
took her to their new home, away from the hawk.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 11th 04, 03:55 PM
Takayuki

Victor Martinez wrote:
It seems the purrs worked! We heard the squirrel mom on the roof doing
lots of noise and after a few hours the baby was gone! We're hoping mom
took her to their new home, away from the hawk.

What a GOOD mom! I wonder how she managed to get everyone away from a
hawk in the first place? I would have thought that babies vs. hawk
wouldn't be an even match.

Old January 11th 04, 04:04 PM
Victor Martinez

Takayuki wrote:
What a GOOD mom! I wonder how she managed to get everyone away from a
hawk in the first place? I would have thought that babies vs. hawk
wouldn't be an even match.

I think she was being overprotective. The nest is in the middle of the
tree, I doubt any bird of prey could make it all the way in.
In any case, I need to go put out some food for the squirrels, we have
corn and some seeds they'll enjoy.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 11th 04, 04:41 PM
Mary

It seems the purrs worked! We heard the squirrel mom on the roof doing
lots of noise and after a few hours the baby was gone! We're hoping mom
took her to their new home, away from the hawk.

Yeah! Baby must have been okay if mom took her. Squirrels have 2-3 nests so
they always have a backup nest.
Old January 11th 04, 04:48 PM
Victor Martinez

Mary wrote:
Yeah! Baby must have been okay if mom took her. Squirrels have 2-3 nests so
they always have a backup nest.

That's good planning!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 11th 04, 05:21 PM
Marina

"Victor Martinez" wrote
It seems the purrs worked! We heard the squirrel mom on the roof doing
lots of noise and after a few hours the baby was gone! We're hoping mom
took her to their new home, away from the hawk.

Yay! Great news!

--
Marina
Old January 11th 04, 09:51 PM
polonca12000

Wow, great news! I'm so very happy to hear that.
Continued best wishes and purrs for the squirrels to remain safe,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old January 11th 04, 09:53 PM
polonca12000

I didn't know that about squirrels. How very clever! Thanks for the info.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old January 12th 04, 04:58 AM
Christine Burel

"Takayuki" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
It seems the purrs worked! We heard the squirrel mom on the roof doing
lots of noise and after a few hours the baby was gone! We're hoping mom
took her to their new home, away from the hawk.

What a GOOD mom! I wonder how she managed to get everyone away from a
hawk in the first place? I would have thought that babies vs. hawk
wouldn't be an even match.

Have been late catching up with the newsgroup, Victor, but I'm so glad that
the squirrel story seems to have ended well!
Purrs!
Christine