OT Chocolate

Old February 14th 10, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default OT Chocolate

I don't bother to cook much that requires a recipe anymore. Food
tends to be either fairly plain old standby's or prepped from mixes
etc.

But with Valentine's day on Sunday when I usually do what little
cooking I manage, I wanted to do something different. I saw a menu
that included chocolate mousse a few weeks ago and thought, you know
I've always meant to try to make that from scratch and just never got
around to it.

I lost that recipe but I found this on on the net a couple of days
ago.

http://www.andreasrecipes.com/2009/0...e-mousse/print

It looked do-able. Especially since it didn't go into the whole
double boiler nonsense. (It still generated a sink full of dishes by
itself)

I made one change. I bought a bag of Hershey's Special Dark
Chocolate chips and used those for the chocolate called for in the
recipe. And I did go out this morning and bought a good brand of the
freshest eggs I could find. Wasn't going to all that trouble with
the two week old eggs in the fridge.

Its all done and in pretty dishes chilling. I just licked the bowl
and its wonderful. I could just skip the dinner (lamb chops,
Brussels sprouts, new potatoes) I planned and serve this. Its that
good.

Happy Valentines day to you all.

Jo

Old February 14th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Jofirey" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so glad your recipe turned out well. I was holding my breath through
the post, waiting for the -"and it failed it's awful and I've been crying
all day" part.

I've never even tasted chocolate mousse, let alone made it.

Your whole menu sounds wonderful~
Karla