Tuffty

Old May 27th 09, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Tuffty

On Tue, 26 May 2009 21:41:44 +0100, "shirleycatuk"
wrote:

Tuffty went to the rainbow bridge today with a little help from the vet.

He was feral and would only let me touch him, but he had a very sweet nature
despite that. We shared many an afternoon in the garden, he would demand
tummy scritches and rubs by rolling over in front of me no matter what I was
doing. He was a nosey cat and on quite a few occasions got himself shut in
neighbours sheds, sometimes he would be missing for 48 hrs before returning
home ravenously hungry and wanting scritches. So when he didn't appear
Sunday for his breakfast I didn't worry too much and expected him to turn up
as usual. I saw him yesterday but he didn't come when I called and
disappeared in to a neighbouring garden. He wasn't around first thing this
morning and didn't come when I called, I searched the garden for him...no
sign. I went to look for him again at lunchtime and found him collapsed in
the cat shed, he didn't respond when I said his name or when I lifted his
bed out. He didn't struggle or fight when I put him in the basket and took
him to the vet, nor when we lifted him on to the examination table though he
did manage a hiss when the vet put his stethoscope on his tummy. He was
obviously dying so we sent him on his way with a lot of tears and love.

After Tuffty's heart stopped beating the vet was able to get a better feel
of his kidney's....a very large growth on one of them.

We buried his body between a yellow rambling rose and a white buddleia.

My husband was made redundant on Friday as well so it's not been a very
happy time recently.

In memory of Tuffty, re-united with his brother Rolly, Picasso, Dusty,
Sherpa, Bibby, Minstrel, and PB....miss you all my friends.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Even though Tuffty was a 'part time' kitty, you were still 'his human'.

He obviously loved and trusted you, completely.

I am glad you were able to help him to the Bridge

And, most important of all, he didn't suffer and die all alone
somewhere, thanks to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old May 27th 09, 10:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

shirleycatuk wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Shirly }}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry to hear about Tuffty, he
sounded like a very special cat.
I have lit a candle for him.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Tufft

Purrs for your husband to find a job soon, though I know that's not easy at
the moment.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 27th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On May 26, 4:41*pm, "shirleycatuk" wrote:
[...]

Many purrs and blessings for a safe trip to The Bridge.

Patdocharlie, Princess, BigBoy, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and
Spice, Ms. Blue Belle and Cheddar
Old May 27th 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"shirleycatuk" wrote in message
Tuffty went to the rainbow bridge today with a little help from the vet.

I'm so sorry Shirley. Tuffty seems like one of those kitties I like to
meet.

Pam S.

Old May 30th 09, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 26.05.2009 schrieb shirleycatuk:

Tuffty went to the rainbow bridge today with a little help from the vet.

Our sincerest condolences on your loss and lots of comforting purrs as
well as "get-a-job-soon-purrs" for your husband from

Inge & Volker and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge