It's Caliban's adoption day

Old August 9th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default It's Caliban's adoption day

wrote:

Frank was his usual friendly self and welcomed the new kid. Here he is,
doing his avuncular bit and showing 'Leo' where the litterboxes a

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339BckBvj

That is really adorable. I don't think I've seen that photo before. Is
this the first time you've posted it?

No, I posted it at the time, when it was happening, to show how utterly
devoid of aggression Unka Frank was towards the little mite.

(Nice bathroom, btw. Is this where you live now, or is it your last
place?)

It's where I live now. The empty corner on the left there now has a
rattan chest of drawers for more storage, since there wasn't enough room
for all my meds and paraphernalia (boxes of needles, lancets, BG test
strips, etc). I could do without the sauna, since I can't take sauna
baths any more (I think it's because of my blood pressure), but they
seem to build a little electric sauna into all new Finnish apartments
these days. It's a waste of space as far as I'm concerned, except that
it's a good place to store litterboxes out of the way.

BTW, do RPCA'ers count as "friends"? I would love to save one or two
of these.

I certainly count you as my friend, Joyce, but I think you have to
register with Webshots and then sign up as my friend. I could crop them
and send them to you, if you tell me which ones you'd like to have.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 9th 09, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Kreisleriana wrote:

You ought to show that shocking picture of "Leo" that enticed you (and
all of us) in the first place. Although the image is permanently
seared into my brain, some others might benefit from the sight of his
kitten-hiney.

OK. I guess I can never post this one enough, but be warned: it is
absolutely shocking! Shameless display of private parts!

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13827...58511339QYpDzj

Never mind the privates - look at that face. I can't believe it's the
same cat!

Joyce

--
English is a brawling, promiscuous drunkard of a language made up of
mispronounced and stolen words from other languages, and that's what
Old August 9th 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

(Nice bathroom, btw. Is this where you live now, or is it your last
place?)

It's where I live now. The empty corner on the left there now has a
rattan chest of drawers for more storage, since there wasn't enough room
for all my meds and paraphernalia (boxes of needles, lancets, BG test
strips, etc). I could do without the sauna, since I can't take sauna
baths any more (I think it's because of my blood pressure), but they
seem to build a little electric sauna into all new Finnish apartments
these days. It's a waste of space as far as I'm concerned, except that
it's a good place to store litterboxes out of the way.

Too bad they don't design some apartments with and others without, since
probably not everyone wants a sauna and would prefer having the space. I
would never use one, either.

Good use of the space, though!

BTW, do RPCA'ers count as "friends"? I would love to save one or two
of these.

I certainly count you as my friend, Joyce, but I think you have to
register with Webshots and then sign up as my friend. I could crop them
and send them to you, if you tell me which ones you'd like to have.

Oh, LOL!! I saw the little statement in the upper-left saying "only
friends may download these images", and I thought you were being
proprietary about them. Of course, I felt a bit guilty about all the
Cali'n'Mir pictures I already have, but not *too* guilty since I've
mentioned a couple of times that I've saved them. I didn't realize
that "friend" was being used in the social-network sense of "friending"
someone online.

Actually, I have a good screenshot program called Snagit, so I can
just take copies that way. So you don't need to go to the trouble.
Thanks, though. I do love the bathroom photo, as well as some of the
photos of baby Caliban cuddling with Big Sister Miranda.

Joyce

Old August 9th 09, 08:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA

kirjoitti:
Marina wrote:

(Nice bathroom, btw. Is this where you live now, or is it your last
place?)

It's where I live now. The empty corner on the left there now has a
rattan chest of drawers for more storage, since there wasn't enough room
for all my meds and paraphernalia (boxes of needles, lancets, BG test
strips, etc). I could do without the sauna, since I can't take sauna
baths any more (I think it's because of my blood pressure), but they
seem to build a little electric sauna into all new Finnish apartments
these days. It's a waste of space as far as I'm concerned, except that
it's a good place to store litterboxes out of the way.

Too bad they don't design some apartments with and others without, since
probably not everyone wants a sauna and would prefer having the space. I
would never use one, either.

Good use of the space, though!

For me, and nowadays DH and me, the sauna is a MUST. We both enjoy
taking sauna baths now and then. It really gets all the grime of the
work week out and is very relaxing too. DH prefers his sauna a bit
cooler than I do, so he usually goes in before me. I tend to tease him
about it as he's from Tunisia and should be used to hot and humid, as
well as their form of sauna, the hammam...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old August 9th 09, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 08.08.2009 schrieb Marina:

On the 8th of August, 2005, I was set to go and fetch my new kitten from
the fosterer's when she called me and said she was going shopping with
her husband and she could drop off 'Leo,' as he was called then, on the
way. So I told Frank and Miranda that their new baby brother was
arriving and went out to meet the fosterer and 'Leo.'

Dear Marina,

thank you for telling this lovely story again.

Happy adoption day Caliban. May you have many, many more of them. I'm
sure, you spent a lovely day with your meowmie and Mir.

Purrs to you from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old August 10th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Aug 8, 12:56*am, Marina wrote:
On the 8th of August, 2005, I was set to go and fetch my new kitten from
the fosterer's when she called me and said she was going shopping with
her husband and she could drop off 'Leo,' as he was called then, on the
way. So I told Frank and Miranda that their new baby brother was
arriving and went out to meet the fosterer and 'Leo.'

When we came inside with the carrier, both Frank and Miranda came into
the living room ro see what was happening. I opened the door of the
carrier, and Miranda started hissing and didn't stop for one whole week.

Frank was his usual friendly self and welcomed the new kid. Here he is,
doing his avuncular bit and showing 'Leo' where the litterboxes a

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339BckBvj

In spite of her hissing, Miranda couldn't help herself. She was curious
about this new creature and had to follow him around and watch
everything he was doing. He was around 4 months old, so he was at the
best hoolikitten stage, so there was a lot to watch.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339zLwmvF

But every time he came too close to Mir, she would hiss. However, it
wasn't long before they started playing together:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339houHjL

Then they would crash together and fall asleep in a heap:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339hueJQH

And then they started to groom each other:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...58511339tLgdOV

and Caliban was officially a family member. On the one hand, I can't
believe it's only been 4 years, since he has become such an integral
part of my life, on the other hand I can't believe he's been with me so
long, since he is still such a baby. But he seems pretty happy with his
onetruehome, and I'm definitely happy to have him.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Happy Adoption Day!

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice, Ms. Blue
Belle and Cheddar