how to train service cats ?

Old December 30th 03, 05:18 PM
Alan Horowitz

Default how to train service cats ?

plenty of service dogs out there, because they take to training like
ducks to water.

But I want to train service cats, because they're better at several
things than dogs are.

How do professionals trtain cats? Any literzture out there, or on
the net?
Old December 30th 03, 06:11 PM
kaeli

In article , alanh_27
@yahoo.com enlightened us with...
plenty of service dogs out there, because they take to training like
ducks to water.

But I want to train service cats, because they're better at several
things than dogs are.

How do professionals trtain cats? Any literzture out there, or on
the net?

This is not what cats are for.

Cats don't have the same mentality as dogs. Even service dogs are
specially bred and raised. Not all dogs can be service dogs, no matter
who trains them.

Cats would rather you serve them. They once ruled certain parts of the
world worshipped as Gods. They have not forgotten this.

~kaeli~
What do they use to ship styrofoam?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old December 31st 03, 03:53 AM
Dennis Carr

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:22:42 +0000, Sherry wrote:

Ha! We have an old senior citizen black cat at the shelter. Nobody wanted him
really, so far anyway. But we discovered he's so laid back, he actually likes
to go to the nursing home and be carried around and petted. So that's his job
for now. I think that's the closest thing to a service cat you're ever gonna
find.

Sherry, you bring up an interesting point.

My wife has told me in the recent past about organizations that will place
pets - generally cats - with senior citizens, for the specific purpose of
giving them something to care for or somesuch. I believe the idea is
that, by giving these people something to care for, it pulls them out of
whatever depression they may be in.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.