Volunteering today

Old June 28th 04, 02:34 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 02:27:47 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

Christine Burel wrote:
the dogs. I feel so sorry for all these critters and hope that our spending
some time with them helps them find homes. Many of them couldn't get enough
scritching. Purrs for them all.

Purrs indeed. Socializing cats was my favorite activity back when I
used to volunteer at the Humane Society. It was heartbreaking to leave
them behind though, which I why I had to stop.

I spent my first summer out of high school at my Humane Society branch
walking dogs, and having cats crawl over me. It was great.
I didn't have any money, though.

Theresa
Old June 28th 04, 06:43 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "Christine Burel"
wrote:

Celeste and I have decided to start socializing cats and dogs down at our
local animal humane society. Celeste already is party of junior animal
humane where kids work to help socialize dogs for adoption and I found
out
that if I volunteer too, I can also get time for these kids to help
socialize in the cat room -- normally, they just don't have the adult
volunteers to enable time for the JHA kids to work with the kitties.

Celeste and I got special permission to socialize at other times, too,
so we
started today and spent about 3 hours in the cat room and another hour
with
the dogs. I feel so sorry for all these critters and hope that our spending
some time with them helps them find homes. Many of them couldn't get enough
scritching. Purrs for them all.

Christine

What a great way to spend time together, and do something positive.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old June 30th 04, 02:49 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Christine Burel"
artfully composed this message
within on 27 Jun 2004:

Celeste and I have decided to start socializing cats and dogs
down at our local animal humane society. Celeste already is
party of junior animal humane where kids work to help socialize
dogs for adoption and I found out that if I volunteer too, I can
also get time for these kids to help socialize in the cat room
-- normally, they just don't have the adult volunteers to enable
time for the JHA kids to work with the kitties.

What a great thing to do! I feel so sorry for the animals in cages,
cats seem ok but they hide it well. Dogs, though, they are always
just so greatful for any touch, any attention, and they cry so when
you leave.

--
Cheryl

Old June 30th 04, 04:46 AM
Marina

"Christine Burel" wrote
snip

Celeste and I got special permission to socialize at other times, too, so

we
started today and spent about 3 hours in the cat room and another hour

with
the dogs. I feel so sorry for all these critters and hope that our

spending
some time with them helps them find homes. Many of them couldn't get

enough
scritching. Purrs for them all.

Purrs for all the animals to find good homes. You and Celeste are doing a
wonderful job.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki