Make ours a Felix...

Old February 17th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default Make ours a Felix...

.... and one for our friend, please. And make it sharpish!

As you know, the neighbours have a cat. KitKat. He's the striped twin of my
striped horror, Marble.

KitKat has had is sussed for some time that The Crazy Cat Lady that lives
next door to him is a soft touch. He and my *two* boys are now skating on
thin ice

KitKat is very bright. He can open doors by jumping up, holding onto a door
handle, if it is of the lever type. then he uses his weight to pull the
handle down and swing the door open.

Last night, in the early hours, I heard a "thwack, thwack" as if the front
door was being opened.

So I got up and carefully went into the hall. Had I mistakenly left the door
unlocked?

There, visible through the glass of the front door, was a feline face
hanging on to a door handle.

So I wandered over to the door, unlocked it, opened it to have the sight of
KitKat hanging off the door handle with my two boys, Francis and Marble sat
on the doorstep below him. As soon as the door was open wide enough, my two
ran inside, quickly followed by KitKat who dropped down off the door handle.
The three felines rushed past me and headed into the kitchen. I followed and
saw three felines sat by the food bowls. My two looked at me and I swear the
expressions were, "Make ours some Felix and one for our friend too, please."
Naturally I complied as was rewarded with loud purring.

So in the wee hours, I was up, feeding three felines, one of whom was the
neighbour's cat...

I am, indeed, the crazy cat lady. ;D

Old February 17th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
So in the wee hours, I was up, feeding three felines, one of whom was
the neighbour's cat...

LOL! You shouldn't encourage them, you know.

Frank used to open doors that way, too.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 17th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 07:13:56 -0500, wafflycat wrote:
There, visible through the glass of the front door, was a feline face
hanging on to a door handle.

LOL!

So in the wee hours,

So-called because that''s when one usually gets up to use the loo?

I am, indeed, the crazy cat lady. ;D

Like a fox!

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old February 17th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

Aww - I think it's great when our own kitties are friendly with the
neighbouring cat/s - even if he is a cat-burglar ;-)
Although you might live to regret rewarding him with Felix for breaking in
during the night!

Tweed

Tweed

Old February 17th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:13:56 +0000, wafflycat wrote:

[...]

With a very kind heart. Congratulations on having such smart kitties as
your friends. MLB

Old February 17th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Feb 17, 7:13 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
[...]

I wonder if cats have some way, perhaps scent-markings, to tell other
cats "This is a good kitty meowmie an she will giv uz sum fud two"
like hobos used to do when someone was generous. It is said that they
had different makrs meaning things like "you have to work for the
food," which would not be relevant for cats.

Will in New Haven

--

Feather: "How many cats wud it take to herd sheep?"
Me: "I don't know, how many?"

Old February 17th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
oups.com...

I wonder if cats have some way, perhaps scent-markings, to tell other
cats "This is a good kitty meowmie an she will giv uz sum fud two"
like hobos used to do when someone was generous. It is said that they
had different makrs meaning things like "you have to work for the
food," which would not be relevant for cats.

There must have been some sort of marker on my house which said "wait until
the whippets have all gone to the RB and then make your move. "
KFC waited 7 years in the garden for this to happen, shortly followed by
Boyfriend.
I first said "I don't want cats, I am a dog lover." Kitty said "Of course
you want me" - and the rest is history.