1st of May in Germany - a long story

Old May 1st 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Default 1st of May in Germany - a long story

After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

Please consider the following situation: I, happy and content because
today is a holiday and I don't have to work, decide to lie comfy in my
bed after breakfast. Well, before it comes to this I have to

1. squeeze myself along Cottonball, who is resting just in the
"entrance-zone" of my bed,
2. take care of not kicking She, who is resting in the middle of the
foot of my bed,
3. watch myself not to hustle Chiara, who is resting to my right, half
on my pillow,
4. take care not to disturb DH, who is already resting in bed - of
course! undisturbed by any cat - with
a) Lady Mortisha, which we like to call "the shadow" because she
follows her mom Chiara everywhere, who noticed that I'm in bed and
that she therefore has to come immediately to take in her position
next/on Chiara. With the now beginning skirmish for the best spot
b) prevent their tails to hit DH's face and furthermore
c) get Smoke with gentle talking to take the route via the foot of
the bed to be on "his spot" instead of using DH as a wharf during his
jump over the bed. His spot is below Chiara and Mortisha, who are
cuddleing together on my pillow.

All, except DH, are looking at me full of expectation. They know, that
every night the "yummie-treat-ceremony" takes place on the bed and now
they hope, they can talk me over to do the ceremony at daytime. Well,
in _my_ bed are _my_ rules:-) I ignore the gang and reach out for my
book. I'm just about to open it....

....when Owl comes. Owl didn't have breakfast earlier this morning and
now he is hungry. You have to know, that Owl has a deformed face and
due to it is not able to eat properly by himself - he therefore is
handfed.

Obedient I come to terms with my fate, put the book aside and take the
pot with the kibble from my drawer. I make the momentous mistake not
to sit up properly but just lift a little and turn to the left to
reach said drawer. I'm not able to get my legs into a comfortable
position in time - Owl is already resting in the middle of my legs.

I start feeding him. This seems to be almost impossible because I get
a dislocated arm and Owl a dislocated neck. Owl doesn't wast a
thought of changing position so I move my body a little to the left
without moving my legs. Fortunately I can use my elbow to rest on
(usually Cottonball and/or Bandit are sitting on it). The
feeding-angle is a little optimized by now and Owl seriously starts
eating. In my tummy and legs I feel an awkward hot prickle.

While feeding Owl with concentration, I notice that Cottonball has
moved into a nearer position, waiting for some treats to come. He
tries to sit up on his hindlegs. Yes, he begs for treats! Well, this
action is quite difficult on the waterbed and he doesn't look very
elegant. I ignore him and go on feeding Owl. Chiara and Lady Mortisha
notice that there could be some treats and sit closer to me on my
pillow. Cottonball repeats sitting on his hindlegs. Smoke lets me know
through loud purring that he is there too. Suddenly She's eyes open
with an unhearable but visual "zing" for 1,5 mm, the rest of She stays
motionless.

Cottonball has given up sitting on his hindlegs and has started to bat
me on the shoulder undeviatingly. Chiara moves closer to me and also
starts batting me on the shoulder. In addition to the prickle in tummy
and legs I get little drops of sweat on my forehead and upper lip...

Owl is still eating. I just reach over a new piece of kibble as fait
hits: the kibble falls on his right front paw. Owl is quite quirky
when it comes to his paws. He raises his obviously badly hurt paw and
glances at me with a reproachful and concurrently suffering look. Then
he steps back and leaves my legs. I try to feed him another piece of
kibble. Offended by tremendousness of the "paw-incident" I am ignored
by him. The still held kibble ends in Smoke's mouth.

This seems to be a signal for the rest of the waiting gang. I
surrender and feed them. The batting on my right and left shoulder
stops. She opens her eyes completely and sits up. She wants kibble
too.

Due to the fact, that no Owl is resting on my legs, I can maneuver my
legs into a more comfortable position - the prickle stops, no new
drops of sweat are coming. The pot with the kibble is empty and I
speak the magic words: all is eaten. The ladies and gentlemen start to
take in comfy resting positions without any snarling. I put the pot
back into the drawer and quickly place my head on my pillow before
Chiara and Lady Mortisha start the skirmish for the best position
again.

As soon as my head lies on my pillow, Owl, who mercifully forgave me,
comes lies on my chest and docks at my nose. Because I can take that
only for a certain time, I try to distract him from my nose by
starting to scritch his ears. I'm partly successful because Owl leaves
my nose to dock at my chin.

And because I'm aware of other things to come, I take my book. And
yes, as soon I open my book, Cottonball comes and sits on my left
elbow. Now everything is ok, generally relaxation everywhere I look
and we can get back to the begin of the story where I wrote: ... I,
happy and content because today is a holiday and I don't have to work,
decide to lie comfy in my bed after breakfast.

Purrs to you from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old May 1st 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Inge Grotjahn wrote in
:

After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

Please consider the following situation: I, happy and content because
today is a holiday and I don't have to work, decide to lie comfy in my
bed after breakfast. Well, before it comes to this I have to

1. squeeze myself along Cottonball, who is resting just in the
"entrance-zone" of my bed,

..
..
..
And because I'm aware of other things to come, I take my book. And
yes, as soon I open my book, Cottonball comes and sits on my left
elbow. Now everything is ok, generally relaxation everywhere I look
and we can get back to the begin of the story where I wrote: ... I,
happy and content because today is a holiday and I don't have to work,
decide to lie comfy in my bed after breakfast.

Purrs to you from
Inge and the catgang

Excellent! Thanks for taking us along.

Andy
Old May 2nd 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Inge Grotjahn wrote:

After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

Please consider the following situation: I, happy and content because
today is a holiday and I don't have to work, decide to lie comfy in my
bed after breakfast... [snip]

Very cute story! A couple of comments:

* I'm glad that human being is not on a cat's menu. Otherwise, you
two would have been in big trouble.

* I loved the description of Owl "docking" at your nose. Made me think
of a big ship coming in and docking in place.

* Glad you got back to your comfy position to read your book!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 2nd 09, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Inge Grotjahn wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the smiles, Inge!!
Old May 2nd 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On May 1, 4:30*pm, Inge Grotjahn wrote:
After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

Please consider the following situation: I, happy and content because
today is a holiday and I don't have to work, decide to lie comfy in my
bed after breakfast

Snipped portrait of a restful morning with cats.

Purrs to you from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World:http://www.gwsystems.com/inge

Thank you for the very amusing story. And welcome back.

--
Will in New Haven
Old May 2nd 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Inge Grotjahn wrote:
After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

Nice to hear from you, Inge, and what a lovely story!

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old May 2nd 09, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Marina wrote:
Inge Grotjahn wrote:
After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

Nice to hear from you, Inge, and what a lovely story!

Story is missing. MLB
Old May 2nd 09, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA

MLB kirjoitti:
Marina wrote:
Inge Grotjahn wrote:
After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

Nice to hear from you, Inge, and what a lovely story!

Story is missing. MLB

Marina has snipped the story in her reply. Check the replies by Lucys
mom or hopitus for the whole story, if you haven't got the original. Or
I can repost it too if it doesn't turn up for you.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old May 2nd 09, 10:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Inge Grotjahn wrote:
After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

snip
Purrs to you from
Inge and the catgang

It's good to see you posting again. I think your story would have made a
great video. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 2nd 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Missed you, Inger! Glad to hear you and especially Volker are doing fine.
Give our love to the furbabies and don't work too hard to please them.

Lily & her mama

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On May 1, 4:30 pm, Inge Grotjahn wrote:
After beeing absent for quite some time, I would like to bring myself
into focus by telling you a little story and to let you know, that
Volker and I are alright.

Please consider the following situation: I, happy and content because
today is a holiday and I don't have to work, decide to lie comfy in my
bed after breakfast

Snipped portrait of a restful morning with cats.

Purrs to you from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World:http://www.gwsystems.com/inge

Thank you for the very amusing story. And welcome back.

--
Will in New Haven

--
Irulan