OT - Finding pants purrs - seriously

Old October 24th 09, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default OT - Finding pants purrs - seriously

Somewhere in the hospital room shuffle this week, the hospital has lost my
blue jeans and my only belt.

I have made inquiries, but no results. I don't intend to leave naked (or
maybe I will - evil grin).

This seems like a good time to request pants-finding purrs.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old October 24th 09, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Oct 24, 12:20*pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
Somewhere in the hospital room shuffle this week, the hospital has lost my
blue jeans and my only belt.

I have made inquiries, but no results. I don't intend to leave naked (or
maybe I will - evil grin).

This seems like a good time to request pants-finding purrs.

Purrs (mixed with chuckles)

--
Will in New Haven

Old October 24th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 24.10.2009 schrieb Mark Edwards:

Somewhere in the hospital room shuffle this week, the hospital has lost my
blue jeans and my only belt.

Oh dear:-) Pants-finding-purrs are on the way. And also comforting
purrs for yourself:-)

Purrs from
Inge and the catgang

--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old October 24th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Pants-finding purrs are on the way, along with purrs for you to need them
soon.

--

Joy

There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the
bite out of being alone. - Louis J. Camuti

m...

Old October 24th 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

Somewhere in the hospital room shuffle this week, the hospital has
lost my
blue jeans and my only belt.

I have made inquiries, but no results. I don't intend to leave
naked (or
maybe I will - evil grin).

This seems like a good time to request pants-finding purrs.

Oh no. Charlie would be so upset. Most women would consider the
loss of a belt or a pair of jeans just a good reason to buy new.
Men more often get attached.

For what its worth, I seriously doubt that by the time you are ready
to go home either those jeans or that belt will fit you. You may
have to go home wearing scrubs.

The lowest my weight has ever been as an adult was at the end of a
hospital stay. We had to stop on the way home to buy me pants and a
shirt. I couldn't even keep my sweat pants up. I was so weak, I
pretty much went into a fitting room and sat down and asked them to
bring be something comfortable that fit.

Purrs for your pants and for your peace of mind. Get up and walk as
soon as you feel like it and they will let you. Just haul that IV
up and down the halls. If nothing else it makes the nurses nervous.

Jo

Old October 24th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

Somewhere in the hospital room shuffle this week, the hospital has lost my
blue jeans and my only belt.

I have made inquiries, but no results. I don't intend to leave naked (or
maybe I will - evil grin).

This seems like a good time to request pants-finding purrs.

Pant finding purrs coming up. I doubt you'll get them back though. Last
time I was in hospital my keys went missing. Car keys, house keys, key to
my aunt's house, the thingie I need to get into work with which stops axe
murderers getting into the building..

Never got them back so I doubt you'll get your pants back either!

Fortunately, I had a spare car key, and June had a key to my house. We get
told off at work if we lose our fob to get in - we have to pay for another
one - £5.
I was asked to pay this. I said no. It was not the cost it was the
principle of it. I didn't lose my fob, it was lost in hospital.

It went on for a while. "you've lost your fob, pay 5 quid for another"

Me: No, it was not my fault. It got lost in hospital, I was not careless
about my fff fob

Them: You've lost your fob, you need to pay £5 for another one.

Me: If I come to work tomorrow and cannot get in I will go home.

Them: Here is your new fob.

Tweed

Old October 24th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Jofirey wrote:

[...]

Speaking of hauling IVs:-----During one hospital stay, I awakened in the
middle of the night to water coming through the ceiling. I put on the
call button, but no one answered. I did this several times. I then
tried to phone the nurse's station -- again no answer. I finally hauled
myself up and out of bed and waded through the water and quite far down
the hall to the nurses
station. There I found the young, pretty nurse in animated
conversation with a young doctor (to be, I assume). You should have
seen the look on their faces when they saw poor old me hauling that IV
stand. I said "my ceiling is raining" -- more shock! I finally
convinced the nurse to follow me. A pipe had broken in the attic space.MLB
Old October 25th 09, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

Somewhere in the hospital room shuffle this week, the hospital has lost my
blue jeans and my only belt.

I have made inquiries, but no results. I don't intend to leave naked (or
maybe I will - evil grin).

This seems like a good time to request pants-finding purrs.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

If you try to leave without clothing they will not accept any proof of
sanity, no matter how well forged. Raise a stink. Ask Senyah to raise one
as well. Insist on them finding your pants. Meanwhile I'll ask the owners
to purr for the return of your pants and belt. I once had a dress/jumper
that I wore out wearing it as I loved it so much. I understand your need
for your beloved belt and jeans.

Pam S. sending get your denim butt and belt back to Mark thoughts.

Old October 25th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 24, 11:20*am, Mark Edwards wrote:
Somewhere in the hospital room shuffle this week, the hospital has lost my
blue jeans and my only belt.

I have made inquiries, but no results. I don't intend to leave naked (or
maybe I will - evil grin).

This seems like a good time to request pants-finding purrs.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Mark --- pants-finding-purrs sent, but....the hospital is responsible
for your
pants/belt. They'll reimburse you if they are not found. You might
have to
ask, though. I hear stories a lot from RN friends about patients
leaving
their dentures on the food trays. Nurses are required to sift through
garbage
to look for them, if the don't come up, the hospital replaces them.
(That story reinforced for me that good nurses are never overpaid)
Good luck! Worst case scenario, you leave in a hospital gown. You can
moon them.
I'm glad you lost your pants and not your wonderful sense of humor.

Sherry
Old October 25th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 25, 2:09*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

The hospital lost my mother's dentures. *They were in her room in a "denture
box" when I arranged to have her transported home. *I saw them. *How they
could lose them in the space of an hour I don't know. *She arrived home via
ambulance and the box was in the bag with her other things but the dentures
weren't in it. *They didn't seem terribly concerned about it. *Nor did they
offer to replace or compensate her for them despite my haranguing.
Fortunately she had an extra pair at the house.

Jill

That's terrible, Jill. It's probably like everything else it seems
anymore; you have
to throw a fit just to get customer service, even in stores.
I understand when hospitals don't want to replace lost jewelry and
other
personal items, but you can't hardly leave your dentures at home
for safekeeping. They really, really, should have compensated your
mom.
Nursing homes are a whole different deal. Theft is rampant there.
Don't
know if it was other patients or staff, but we couldn't even leave
change out
in Dad's room for him to use the coke machine. It would disappear.

Sherry