OT - vacuum cleaner recommendation for 4 cat house

Old March 25th 04, 09:26 PM
Karen

"Tanada" wrote in message
k.net...

Debra Berry wrote:

Up to $200 is ok for cost, with a carpet "beater", relatively
quiet and lightweight (I have stairs to drag it up), a handtool
accessory would be nice. Do the hepa-filter vacuums
do a better job on cat hair, dust, and dander? How often does
the filter need to be replaced?

Two that I was looking at at Target this past weekend:

Eureka WhirlWind LiteSpeed Vacuum - bagless, HEPA filter
Dirt Devil Vision Featherlite Bagless Vacuum MO86520 - HEPA type filter

We spent about $200 for an Eureka Boss, which died an unnatural death by
cat fur and potato chips crumbs. However, before that one died, Rob and
I spotted a Bissell Powerhorse sitting next to a garbage dumpster at the
apartment complex where Amanda's boyfriend, Jim, lives at. Ok, we're
game, someone had pulled it out of storage and just dumped it outside.
It works better than the Bissell ever did.

BTW, anything left out on the curb, or next to a dumpster around here is
considered fair game and anyone who wants it can have it. We've left
our leavings out there and picked up other's as well. It works as a
strange sort of recycle system.

Pam S. one of the weird

Not uncommon. My mom's neighbor put her old toilet out and it got snapped
up. I used to dispose of things that way. In my new apt. complex, people
leave magazines out for others (which I really like as I hate throwing
magazines away, but don't mind giving them away). Works great. I've set out
a bag of coffee that I did not care for the flavor and one time someone had
too many oranges. The other day I came in and there was a huge sheet cake
with pretty icing roses on the table and little imprinted napkins. My
neighbor turned 90!!! and got a cake for everyone. She's so cool. I had NO
idea she was going to be 90. I thought she was in her early 80's. She's just
a little go getter.

Karen

Old March 26th 04, 04:22 AM
badwilson

"Tanada" wrote in message
k.net...

Debra Berry wrote:

[...]

That's really common around here too. In fact, I know of no recycling
programs in Thailand but everything seems to get recycled. Our garbage can
takes forever to fill up. I actually put out old clothes in bags and leave
them sitting next to the garbage can so that the people will see them easier
and not have to dig through the garbage. Even though the gated community in
which we live is considered wealthy by Thai standards, there are always the
poor people from the maids to the gardeners, etc, who love bottles and cans
and boxes and old clothes (even though all our clothes are way too big for
any Thai!). I must admit that I let my own maid have first pick of anything
I get rid of. I'm sure she must run a 2nd hand clothing booth at the Sunday
market with all our old clothes!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered