Cougar Stott 2/27/2002 - April 22, 2012

Old April 22nd 12, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Default Cougar Stott 2/27/2002 - April 22, 2012

This year is turning out to be a MAJOR heartbreak for DH and I.

Cougar Stott 2/27/2002 - April 22, 2012

Purrs for my Cougie, who went to the Bridge this morning after suffering
a saddle thrombus. He was laying in his bed on the table, when suddenly
he started vomiting. He tried to stand up, but couldn't. I picked him
out of the bed, and put him on the floor, where he tried to walk to the
litter box. I carried him in, and held him up as he went, then carried
him back into the kitchen. He was panting in pain, and was VERY
distressed. I suspected a saddle thrombus We took him to the E-Vet,
where the vet agreed with my 'diagnosis' and we held him and said our
goodbyes while she gave him mercy. The vet said that cardiac problems
can be inherited, and since most of my crew are related in some way, we
probably will have this happen again. We just hope that it is not soon.

Goodbye Couginator. Love you and miss you.

Mom and Dad

Old April 22nd 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Apr 22, 9:22*am, "MaryL" wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear this. *Saddle thrombus is a dreadful problem. *My
sister had a cat that died from the same issue.

A friend of mine (from my photography group) MIL just lost a cat to
the same thing on Friday

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 22nd 12, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Mishi wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry. Sudden death like that is such a shock. You acted very
quickly, and even though you couldn't save him, you did keep him from
suffering too long. Purrs for you and your DH.

--
Joyce

I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old April 22nd 12, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Mishi wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry, I feel your pain. I've lit a candle for, Cougie.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Cougi
--
Adrian
Old April 22nd 12, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I have never heard of saddle thrombus and
am going to look it up on the net now.

Tweed

Old April 23rd 12, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

My deepest sympathy.

Joy

Old April 23rd 12, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:14:24 -0400, Mishi wrote:

[...]

Yes, LuckyBoy went that way. We tried to have him treated but the vet
said that more clots were waiting in the heart and he had to be PTS.
Sorry for your loss.