Driving back from the supermarket today

Old April 22nd 12, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Driving back from the supermarket today

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:47:16 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

He seemed OK and went about his business after I stopped my car so I didn't
run over him. I might have killed him so easily as he was about to run out
in front of my car.
I cannot imagine how I would feel if I killed a cat even accidentally.

I still remember the time (many years ago, now) that I hit one with my
car! It ran off, and I couldn't find it in the dark when I'd stopped
the car and went looking for it. Hopefully it wasn't injured badly, but
I definitely felt the wheels hit it. (I can't imagine a more sickening
sensation.)

Ugh. Cats run out of front of my car from time to time. Maybe I should keep
a carrier in my car as emergency equipment.

Once I saw what I thought was an injured black animal on the side of the
road as I was entering the freeway at dusk. I turned around and went back,
but it turned out to be a garbage bag moving in the wind. If it were a
struggling injured dog or cat, I'm not sure where I would have put it. In
the trunk, maybe.
Old April 22nd 12, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:46:56 -0600, MLB wrote:
IMHO you should think twice ab

out "grabbing" a strange cat. Scratches can be deadly. Instead, try
wooing it with kibble over a few days and ghen see if it appears to be
friendly.
Also consider hjow a strange male cat might affect your Boyfriend. MLB

It would also be fun to hear about Boyfriend with a dainty girl that scares
him unnecessarily because she reminds him of KFC.
Old April 22nd 12, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:46:56 -0600, MLB wrote:
IMHO you should think twice ab

out "grabbing" a strange cat. Scratches can be deadly. Instead, try
wooing it with kibble over a few days and ghen see if it appears to be
friendly.
Also consider hjow a strange male cat might affect your Boyfriend. MLB

It would also be fun to hear about Boyfriend with a dainty girl that
scares
him unnecessarily because she reminds him of KFC.

It will be different for Boyfriend this time if I get another cat, because
he will be the senior cat in the house. Last time he was very much the
apprentice and allowed KFC, half his size, to box his ears unmercifully. I
don't think he would allow that again.
Indeed, he had a fight last year, he jumped on a poor innocent black cat
that was passing through the garden - I suspect he thought it was "the
enemy" that black cat that made his life a misery until KFC smashed him into
the ground on Boyfie's behalf after he came into the house. It wasn't "the
enemy" at all, he's moved away with his people, but Boyfie took no chances.
A black cat is probably out for a new cat..
The old boy I saw was tabby & white.

Old April 23rd 12, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

One never knows. Skeeter had been the youngest, and subordinate cat. After
he temporarily became an only cat, I brought Lindy home from the shelter.
She was about half his size and several years younger than he was. Within
two weeks, it was firmly established that Lindy was head cat.

Joy

Old April 24th 12, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

the problem I have is that I really want to adopt a smelly, stinky boy from
the streets who is destined for a bad life.
and maybe Boyfriend would not be happy with this.
There's no maybe, really. He would not be happy.

I just so wish that I could take every intact male off the streets and
neuter them.
I think the old boy I saw could have been an intact chap getting thin
through wandering to seek the girls.

I don't understand why people don't neuter their male cats. Maybe because
the kittens are not their problem.

Tweed

Old April 24th 12, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

wrote in message
"Christina wrote in message

wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:46:56 -0600, wrote:
[...]

Cats, by nature, are usually clean creatures. If a cat is dirty and
smelly, it is probably sick. Unfortunately, that is usually the case.
So, if you took kittens an neutered them, they would have a much better
chance of having a decent life. As much as we would like to, we can't
save tghem all.
Many years ago, a large male tabby (dirty but not smelly) was wondering
around here. I put food out for him daily. In a short time his
appearance changed remarkably. He was clean and friendly/ He allowed
petting so I knew he must haved had a home at some time. Unfortunately
(for me) he soon brought his pregnant girlfriend who was definitely
feral. This story is long and the ending was not happy the following
very cold winter.