A Cookies Recipe for Cats

Old February 14th 14, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default A Cookies Recipe for Cats

I know all kinds of folks say that they are allergic to wheat or
gluten but according to the numbers it shouldn't be near that
high; I think folks get caught up in fads.

Gluten intolerance is not an allergy. And it's a LOT better to
play safe than risk anything from bowel cancer to schizophrenia
by missing it.

A schizophrenic cat????? (Given the behavior of most cats, how
could you possibly diagnose it?)

The post I was responding to was talking about people.

The commonest effects of gluten intolerance are the same in cats
and people - severe bowel inflammation leading to malnutrition.

BTW, there is no gluten in wheatgrass, so a gluten-intolerant
cat will usually have no problem with it.

Gluten proteins only occur in the grains from a few species of
grass that evolved at high altitude - they protect the seeds from
frost damage. They aren't produced anywhere else in the plant.

Old February 15th 14, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/14/2014 6:15 PM, Jack Campin wrote:

(snippage)

I have been wondering for years, Jack... anti-spam and phishing aside,
you post using an invalid email address and then publish the real one
for all to see in your sig. With your phone number, no less. If I
called you, would I actually speak with you? Just curious. I'm not
planning to make an International call.

Jill
Old February 15th 14, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

I have been wondering for years, Jack... anti-spam and phishing aside,
you post using an invalid email address and then publish the real one
for all to see in your sig. With your phone number, no less. If I
called you, would I actually speak with you? Just curious. I'm not
planning to make an International call.

Yes. I've been putting my real address and phone number in Usenet posts
since 1983. Back then everybody did it, and I haven't seen anything
since that suggests a valid reason for not doing it.

I've had about five phone calls in all resulting from my signature.
Most have been pretty reasonable. I get a few postal responses as
well, the oddest of which was a pair of complimentary tickets for a
trade fair in Germany about animal housing products. You don't know
what you're missing...

Old February 16th 14, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/15/2014 4:18 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
I have been wondering for years, Jack... anti-spam and phishing aside,
you post using an invalid email address and then publish the real one
for all to see in your sig. With your phone number, no less. If I
called you, would I actually speak with you? Just curious. I'm not
planning to make an International call.

Yes. I've been putting my real address and phone number in Usenet posts
since 1983. Back then everybody did it, and I haven't seen anything
since that suggests a valid reason for not doing it.

I've had about five phone calls in all resulting from my signature.
Most have been pretty reasonable. I get a few postal responses as
well, the oddest of which was a pair of complimentary tickets for a
trade fair in Germany about animal housing products. You don't know
what you're missing...

Thanks for the explanation. As for not knowing what I'm missing... oh
yes I do! Anyone who cares to look can find my phone number easily
enough. A few people from Usenet have looked me up and called me
without my publishing it. For the most part it hasn't been a problem.
Unfortunately, one of them turned out to be a lunatic who imagined a
"relationship" where there was none. That got a bit creepy...

Jill
Old February 21st 14, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Judith Latham wrote:

In article , Jack Campin
wrote:
I have been wondering for years, Jack... anti-spam and phishing aside,
you post using an invalid email address and then publish the real one
for all to see in your sig. With your phone number, no less. If I
called you, would I actually speak with you? Just curious. I'm not
planning to make an International call.

Yes. I've been putting my real address and phone number in Usenet posts
since 1983. Back then everybody did it, and I haven't seen anything
since that suggests a valid reason for not doing it.

I've had about five phone calls in all resulting from my signature. Most
have been pretty reasonable. I get a few postal responses as well, the
oddest of which was a pair of complimentary tickets for a trade fair in
Germany about animal housing products. You don't know what you're
missing...

e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e .
u k Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU,
Scotland mobile 07800 739 557 http://www.campin.me.uk
Twitter: JackCampin

The one good point about us having your phone number is that if you
disappear off the group as Tweed has we could phone you to check you're ok.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from MLB, aka Marie (Tutu's human)? I
haven't seen a post from her for months. And as far as I know, she's not on
the Facebook group, but if she is, she's not posting there either.

--
Joyce

"It's been a long, strange journey from Ukraine to YouTube."
-- "Hava Nagila": The Movie
Old February 21st 14, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/20/2014 7:25 PM, Bastette wrote:
Judith Latham wrote:

In article , Jack Campin
wrote:
I have been wondering for years, Jack... anti-spam and phishing aside,
you post using an invalid email address and then publish the real one
for all to see in your sig. With your phone number, no less. If I
called you, would I actually speak with you? Just curious. I'm not
planning to make an International call.

Yes. I've been putting my real address and phone number in Usenet posts
since 1983. Back then everybody did it, and I haven't seen anything
since that suggests a valid reason for not doing it.

The one good point about us having your phone number is that if you
disappear off the group as Tweed has we could phone you to check you're ok.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from MLB, aka Marie (Tutu's human)? I
haven't seen a post from her for months. And as far as I know, she's not on
the Facebook group, but if she is, she's not posting there either.

I haven't, but I thought about her just the other day and wondered if
she's okay. Anyone know?

Jill