question for group

Old February 26th 14, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

Default question for group

As things have been slow here, how about a question.

At our house I feed the cats, clean the litter box, clean up hairballs
and usually take them to the vets. If I don't feel well Peter will care
for the cats. We both brush and play with the cats.

Peter feeds Randy our parrot.

If there are other people living with you, do they share in taking care
of the pets?

Ann
Old February 26th 14, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 2/26/2014 4:30 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
ann791 wrote:
As things have been slow here, how about a question.

At our house I feed the cats, clean the litter box, clean up hairballs
and usually take them to the vets. If I don't feel well Peter will care
for the cats. We both brush and play with the cats.

Peter feeds Randy our parrot.

If there are other people living with you, do they share in taking care
of the pets?

Ann

The cats, we have no other pets, have always been totally my
responsibility. MY DH, Bob, didn't have pets before he married me and as I
told him when we started dating "Love me, love my dog." (I had a dog
before we married) and he did. He's loved the cats but does leave their
care to me. That's fine by me I love to do it.

He does help around the house in other ways now but he hadn't used to do
that. We were brought up in the era of the woman looks after the house and
the man does the garden and the car. I now do the garden but the car's his
responsibility.

Come to think about it all the women in our family have been the pet
carers.

Judith

We both work full time. I run our business and Peter is a welder. Peter
does help a lot with other things. He does most of our grocery shopping.
I take care of the flower gardens because I love to garden and Peter
wouldn't know a flower from a weed. He does mow the lawn. We both work
on cleaning up the snow.

Ann
Old February 27th 14, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

ann791 wrote:
[...]

We are retired. Theoretically every day is a Saturday now, but not
really.
He usually gets up earlier, so Pit2nya makes him feed her. I use the
same bathroom as the catbox, so I do that.
It takes both of us to get her to the vet, but I write the check when
we're through (joint account).
Sometimes I feed the cat while making dinner, sometimes I'm tired by the
time I'm finished so he does.
I buy and stock the catfoods, and fill her water cup.

Otherwise, he takes out the garbage, and trims the grass and weeds. I
attempt to keep the planters happy.

Housework. I cook. We have to hire out the heavier work, and do the rest
as each of us notices something needed to be done.

We have interests and activities in common and individually.

Sylvia.

---

Old February 27th 14, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

ann791 wrote:
[...]

In other words, you have a great partnership. Congratulations.

Joy